• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017 Browns Off Season Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Moved some posts here from the 2016 thread

On reddit they claim a deal is done with collins... 4 years. I'm having trouble finding details though.

I'm assuming they're going off of Zegura's announcement on the app.

Anxious to see what they gave Collins. Glad theyre keeping him but have a feeling my eyes might get a little wide...

Green Bay's Pro Bowl center Tretter is about to get paid. Tampa's Joe Hawley is also a avilable, isn't a great player, classic JAG. That's about it. Draft would be the best course of action.

For a guy like Tretter who has injury history, need to be careful on what you offer.

Is anyone else just really excited for the first time in a long time about the flexibility of this roster right now? The Browns have so many options it seems, and seemingly are on their way to a top 5 front 7 in the National Football League.

Is anyone else just really excited for the first time in a long time about the flexibility of this roster right now? The Browns have so many options it seems, and seemingly are on their way to a top 5 front 7 in the National Football League.

Well, without jinxing anything, I do believe for the first time in a long time, they will have a legit front 7 that will cause a lot of disruption in both pass and run games.

Im also excited to see what their choice will be for QB. There are a lot of options, much better than last year, to improve. They also have a great chance to coach likely a guy or 2 that they will draft in the senior bowl, which is interesting as well.

Well, without jinxing anything, I do believe for the first time in a long time, they will have a legit front 7 that will cause a lot of disruption in both pass and run games.

Im also excited to see what their choice will be for QB. There are a lot of options, much better than last year, to improve. They also have a great chance to coach likely a guy or 2 that they will draft in the senior bowl, which is interesting as well.

I'm just super intrigued by the flexibility they've created. From cap space to the plethora of draft capital they've acquired. It seems like they're in the best position to vastly improve the team and roster since coming back in 1999.

If Hue Jackson makes it through the season without going 1-15 again (and I really really hope he does), the Browns will be embarking on a voyage they haven't seen in a long time. The continuity voyage. Please please please, Hue, do well and get over the Cleveland Browns regime hump..

To put into perspective, Von Miller 6 years, $114 million, $70 million in guaruntees.

Really it never even came close. We got a very fair price for an elite defensive player.

He is in Keuchly range, 5 years, $62 million.

I'd say they did well negotiating a guy to stay with a 1-15 team.

Keuchly got $34M guaranteed, and did so with a smaller cap (2 years ago). His was an extension, so I am not sure how that factors into things. Here's where I got it from: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/luke-kuechly-9819/

This is a monumental victory in that the player didn't run far away as soon as possible. This isn't the best player in the NFL, but this represents a turning point.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."