• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

We Need Your Help

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TheAdmin

2 weeks notice
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This version of RCF has been around 12 years now. We've changed forum software but the look and feel of RCF hasn't changed.

12 years later and we're basically the last Cavaliers forum standing. We went from having less than 9 members join our first chat with Bob Finnan in 2005 to over 3,000 online at one time for the Amare Safari in 2010.

But the times my friends are changing and we've got to change too. So today we are asking for your help in keeping our little independent site relevant while expanding it to include all of Cleveland sports.

This is going to be a huge task as the upgrades we will need are going to be great and costly. We are going to expand our forum software to make us a full fledged Cleveland Sports Authority. We are going to add our own mobile app with push notification. That means if news breaks we will be able to let you know in real time.

We are going to add staff for all 3 major sports franchises as well as the Monsters hockey team and Canton Charge. My goal is to have press credentials for all Cleveland teams by 2020. (We're already credentialed for the Cavs and I think I'm still in good standing with the Charge)

The plan is to roll out a new Cleveland forum for each team every 6 months and have a new front page designed and ready in the next 3. You won't have to sign up for any of the new sites if you're already a member of RCF. You will be able to post in each forum and front page with your current account.

We will be bringing in writers from every part of the internet and we'll be asking members if they would like to contribute as well. This is going to be an all hands on deck approach that we lacked in previous attempts.

So to make a long post even longer, we're asking for you guys to once again step up to the plate and donate to the cause. This is going to extremely costly to do. A rough estimate is at least $2,000 just for bones of the operation and that doesn't include designing the websites, logos, misc graphics and other misc but costly expenses. (I'll be hitting up a few people who owe us favors in an attempt to lower the costs).

So, if you can afford to help us out we would really appreciate it. If you can't afford, as always please don't send us your money. A roof over your head is more important. RCF will ALWAYS be here in one form or another.

You can donate here. As always, any donation gets you a gold name.

A $20.00 donation gets you a gold name and read access to S34 where from time to time I may post some interesting information.

$100.00 gets you a Green name, read and write access to S34 and maybe another hidden part of the forum =0).

$500.00 gets you a purple name and all of the above.

If you want to get crazy and join @Cratylus that's $1000.00 and you get to be shareholder. I'll ask for your input before making changes to RCF.

You want to buy a portion of RCF? PM me, seriously. I want this place to rival any website and if that involves taking on investors? I'll do it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you have any questions. Ask below.

Ben

I'll update the donation thermometer whenever I can.

Just donated. I know it's not much, but I have enjoyed the site for years and I am glad I could spare the extra cash.

Thanks for everything you do, Ben!
Any amount is helpful. This is going to be a marathon and not a sprint. Thanks man!

Hopefully you will always take donations because right now I am seriously strapped for any cash. Thanks for running a great site.

Hopefully you will always take donations because right now I am seriously strapped for any cash. Thanks for running a great site.
No worries man.

I just donated, and I wanted to say thank you for all you do to keep this place so great. I don't post much, but I found this site right before Lebron left and have been reading it daily since. It's about all that got me through those losing seasons. Now I read just about every section, so I can't wait to see what this expansion brings! Thanks again!

Thanks for all you do, @Ben. This site has always been top notch, even as a long time lurker guest before joining in 2012.

Good luck in the next phase of development; I'm sure it will be a success. Already got the green name, but you got another $100 from me. If we get close to the goal, I may be able to do more.

Being a Cavs fan from Portugal this site has always been my really true connection to the team for years and I'd love to donate again but things are a bit tough right now, hopefully I'll be able to contribute again in the future. Best of luck!

Being a Cavs fan from Portugal this site has always been my really true connection to the team for years and I'd love to donate again but things are a bit tough right now, hopefully I'll be able to contribute again in the future. Best of luck!
No Worries. This is a marathon and not a sprint!

Donated.

You know we will be here for ya until that meter reads $2,000+

Or @Cratylus can just come in and just make it all easy on us :chuckle:

Good luck with the upgrades! Super excited for the Browns section, as it is where I spend most of my time.

I know you said just CLE, but are you possibly going to get OSU, as well? I am sure a lot of us Cbus folks down here would love that.

Do you take tabs on the total amount each person has donated (over a period of time) by any chance?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."