• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Just beat FF15. First one I've played since 7. What a stupid ass game. 46 hours of Japanese emo art. Never again. Time to borrow tomb raider off my buddy.

@gourimoko

You should take a look at For Honor. I know you like fighting games, and that's basically what For Honor is, mixed with a third-person action game. Lots of combos to memorize and counters and precise timing. Twelve characters at launch (with six more coming via DLC), and all of them play differently and can require different strategies to beat. It's a lot of fun.

@gourimoko

You should take a look at For Honor. I know you like fighting games, and that's basically what For Honor is, mixed with a third-person action game. Lots of combos to memorize and counters and precise timing. Twelve characters at launch (with six more coming via DLC), and all of them play differently and can require different strategies to beat. It's a lot of fun.

Friend of mine just told me about this game today actually... Been meaning to give it a shot..

Friend of mine just told me about this game today actually... Been meaning to give it a shot..

I wasn't initially sold on the beta, but it grew on me the second day I played it. Decided to pick up the full game and have really been enjoying it. There are some annoying server issues, but I imagine those will be ironed out over time. I'll probably upload some clips at some point. I had an absolutely amazing kill earlier, but sadly I hadn't captured any video in ages and couldn't remember the keyboard shortcut to record the previous two minutes. :chuckle:

The kill itself was just glorious. It was a 2on2 match on a map where you and your teammate start on opposite bridges (with your opponent starting on your bridge). My teammate died quickly and his opponent ran over to my bridge. I shoved the guy I was fighting backwards as the other guy ran up. The guy I shoved bumped into him as he was trying to run past and knocked him off the bridge. I then proceeded to finish off the guy I was fighting as well. I wish I could say that double shove was intentional. The first shove certainly was, but the timing was just insanely lucky. Still, it was an amazing moment.

I wasn't initially sold on the beta, but it grew on me the second day I played it. Decided to pick up the full game and have really been enjoying it. There are some annoying server issues, but I imagine those will be ironed out over time. I'll probably upload some clips at some point. I had an absolutely amazing kill earlier, but sadly I hadn't captured any video in ages and couldn't remember the keyboard shortcut to record the previous two minutes. :chuckle:

The kill itself was just glorious. It was a 2on2 match on a map where you and your teammate start on opposite bridges (with your opponent starting on your bridge). My teammate died quickly and his opponent ran over to my bridge. I shoved the guy I was fighting backwards as the other guy ran up. The guy I shoved bumped into him as he was trying to run past and knocked him off the bridge. I then proceeded to finish off the guy I was fighting as well. I wish I could say that double shove was intentional. The first shove certainly was, but the timing was just insanely lucky. Still, it was an amazing moment.

I was about to say...weren't you the one saying you didn't think it had any depth?

Still not sure I'm gonna buy the game, but I liked the beta. I'd get it on Xbone though. Honestly, I kind of am looking for a multiplayer Xbox game. Have yet to find one this generation that I really enjoy so my XBL sub has gone to waste.

I was about to say...weren't you the one saying you didn't think it had any depth?

Still not sure I'm gonna buy the game, but I liked the beta. I'd get it on Xbone though. Honestly, I kind of am looking for a multiplayer Xbox game. Have yet to find one this generation that I really enjoy so my XBL sub has gone to waste.

I think my issue at first was that it just seemed like a button-mashing action game. Not a lot of people really knew what they were doing at that point, so I didn't run into many people who could just utterly obliterate me with combos, guard breaks, and the like. That started happening more on day two, and so I started learning a few of the characters and found the depth of the combat system. Now it feels like every one-on-one is a mini chess match. You have to be watching your opponent, watching your back, keeping an eye out for environmental hazards and trying to position yourself so your back isn't to them, watching for guard breaks so you can counter them, and also planning your own attacks.

Also, I grabbed the Humble monthly bundle for March for Total War: Warhammer. Probably gonna try that out a little later after I watch Always Sunny and take the dogs out. I'll let you guys know what I think of it.

Also, I grabbed the Humble monthly bundle for March for Total War: Warhammer. Probably gonna try that out a little later after I watch Always Sunny and take the dogs out. I'll let you guys know what I think of it.

Warhammer is a good ass game if you have been into the Total war series in the past. If your are into the large scale troops ect, it is an addicting game.

Warhammer is a good ass game if you have been into the Total war series in the past. If your are into the large scale troops ect, it is an addicting game.

To be honest, I haven't played a Total War game in ages. That said, I've always been a fan of both turn-based and real time strategy games, and especially lately have been on a turn-based kick.

I played it for about an hour or two last night and enjoyed it. Still getting the hang of everything, as I am by no means a TW veteran, but there's something deeply satisfying about sending your ground troops forward while you take your cavalry in a wide arc to flank the enemy ranged units and just demolish them.

Tricked out my badass Valkyrie in For Honor. Looking pretty damn good.

A633DBA7D933F48DE48A493C24FDBA8CB588D153

For reference, this is basically what the stock Valkyrie looks like:

For-Honor-Valkyrie-Guide.png

Tried out the Ghost Recon: Wildlands beta with one of my friends tonight. Sweet chocolate Christ is this game bad. You can tell the controls weren't even remotely optimized for PC play. Controlling vehicles with the keyboard is borderline impossible. I was swerving all over the road. The gameplay itself isn't terribly compelling. It's just a generic shooter with some added tactical possibilities due to co-op. We both got bored with it after about fifteen minutes.

The most compelling part of the game was creating my character, who to be fair looked pretty fucking badass, like Mr. T with an eye patch and some Mexican Dio de los Muertos face paint. Killing civilians was kind of fun too, although if you kill too many within a short period of time you get a game over.

The best part was when my buddy held a gun on three civilians so that I could run them down with a truck. Unfortunately, the shit vehicle controls made it so I couldn't line up the truck properly and I missed and hit a building. I tried backing up and running them down again, but I wasn't going fast enough and I just nudged one of them a couple of feet. :chuckle:

I think my friend is uploading a video of that segment. If he does I'll post it.

Yep, I'm all in on this.

Tried out the Ghost Recon: Wildlands beta with one of my friends tonight. Sweet chocolate Christ is this game bad. You can tell the controls weren't even remotely optimized for PC play. Controlling vehicles with the keyboard is borderline impossible. I was swerving all over the road. The gameplay itself isn't terribly compelling. It's just a generic shooter with some added tactical possibilities due to co-op. We both got bored with it after about fifteen minutes.

The most compelling part of the game was creating my character, who to be fair looked pretty fucking badass, like Mr. T with an eye patch and some Mexican Dio de los Muertos face paint. Killing civilians was kind of fun too, although if you kill too many within a short period of time you get a game over.

The best part was when my buddy held a gun on three civilians so that I could run them down with a truck. Unfortunately, the shit vehicle controls made it so I couldn't line up the truck properly and I missed and hit a building. I tried backing up and running them down again, but I wasn't going fast enough and I just nudged one of them a couple of feet. :chuckle:

I think my friend is uploading a video of that segment. If he does I'll post it.

It controls just fine on Xbox. But I agree, the game isn't that good. As I expected, it's pretty generic. Don't think it'll hold my interest long.

I'll get Andromeda instead.

It controls just fine on Xbox. But I agree, the game isn't that good. As I expected, it's pretty generic. Don't think it'll hold my interest long.

Yeah, you can tell they did very little PC optimization. You can tell that because it doesn't feel like anyone who worked on the game actually played it with a mouse and keyboard. No one could have and thought the vehicle controls were okay. It'll probably end up being another bastardized PC port, although the game isn't good enough to buy regardless so it's not a big deal in this instance.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."