• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Trade Rumor(s)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Is that eastern time or western time?! :) I remember back in the day we had a $10 million or TE when we had Wally Zcerbiak, which was then supposedly deemed so valuable. Well, the Cavs let it expire, claiming they liked the makeup of our team. I predict the same thing will happen today/tonight, but I wonder why they would expire tonight and not at the trade deadline. Did someone goof?

I also thought they tried once to get an extension on a TE, and I think they got it extended maybe for a year once? I think the Cavs let it lapse after the one year extension also.

Anyway, I'll assume they won't do anything with them, but I hope I'm wrong.

I'm sure they're holding on to them in case New York pulls a Sacramento and gives Carmelo away to us. Not that I expect that to happen with three days left before the trade deadline, but the Cavs can at least use them to try to steal Carmelo--not that they are hopeful, but just to appease LeBron and show they tried.

Even if this one lapses tonight, the larger Korver trade generated one(4.8 million) is still good. There was no chance we'd use them both in the same week, but if a deal or series of deals present themselves that lead us to needing a TPE for a player making under 4.8 million between Tues and Thursday, we still have the ability to do it.

But it does seem the more likely scenario at this point is to just hold pat and sign a buyout player, a currently unsigned player like Chalmers/Lance, or even someone who finishes up in the Chinese Basketball Association in a few weeks(Blatche, Hickson, Norris Cole)

The Cavs can still very likely make a move. They still have the Dunleavy TPE. On top of that, when JR smith comes back healthy, Shumpert will essentially be out of the rotation. He is avalable in trade talks. It wouldn't suprise me if they end up trading shumpert for a package like Collison and Maclemore out of Sacramento. Espically, if they think they can retain Collison after the year. That is just an example.

I heard they had or are having Larry Sanders in..anyone heard this also?

Yes, for a workout. Think Sam mentioned it plus pick of Larry on plane via twitter announcing his arrival here.

Yes, for a workout. Think Sam mentioned it plus pick of Larry on plane via twitter announcing his arrival here.

Would the pundits on The Board rather have Larry Saunders, or the return of the Wild Thing ?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."