• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Knicks want Wally

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The George

almost back...
Reaction score
Donnie Walsh is still trying to fill some of New York's needs and could look to acquire Wally Szczerbiak from Cleveland in order to provide perimeter shooting, according to Newsday.

The Cavaliers are rumored to be shopping Szczerbiak with the Nets reportedly having declined a deal that would have sent Wally to New Jersey for Vince Carter.

Szczerbiak's contract will expire at the end of the upcoming season.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53547/20080711/could_knicks_deal_for_szczerbiak/

Not sure if this has been poster anywhere but it is certainly an interesting thought...poorlu written article though considering they dont mention what the cavaliers would get

Would anybody trade for Randolph????

Would anybody trade for Randolph????

I would but I have been crucified on this board for suggesting such things in the past. :chuckles: There is definite risk involved in such a move, I will admit.

I saw this guys...That will be awesome if wally goes to his home town and make his life dream.....D'Anthony is a good coach...We will see what will happen....

Wally World pounces on this in cat-like fashion...

How's it going, Wally World ??

geez wally, it was good while it lasted huh?

The only Knicks I'd consider acquiring...

David Lee [Replaces Veryhoe]
Jamal Crawford [He kills us like no other, you can hate him but he's a legit scorer]
Nate Robinson [13ppg 80% from the line, I know he isn't the first choice, I'm just looking for players who could fill a role. Especially if Boobie or Delonte go.]

I completly understand the hesitation with Randolph

but 20 and 10 is 20 and 10...plus he is under the age of 100 so he certainly is much younger than the oldies we have currently

it also allows us to make a move with Andy

is this the rumor Munch was supposedly talking about as far as someone being interested in Wally this afternoon?

I'd take Randolph for Wally... also Jeffries had some defensive potential before he got lost after signing with the Knicks...

Robinson and Crawford are chuckers... Lee is the only thing the Knicks currently have going for them, no way they get rid of him....

I'm split on Q... he doesn't exactly do anything for me. But if we do get him let's go the full 9 and get D. Miles back as well...

I have suggested it in the past, can certainly understand the hesitation or dismissal of it, and honestly deep down don't think Ferry will make a move for the guy. I don't think he represents the type of attitude or work ethic that Ferry is going for. I think he has a ton of talent and that he possibly could come into this situation (which would be the best team atmosphere of his career) and flourish but the perception of him is terrible. Whatever Ferry decides to do in a scenario that involves the Knicks, I would understand it either way..

Wally is a big expiring contract this year. Will he be more valuable at the trading deadline?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."