• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Week 2 Browns @ Ravens 1PM CBS

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
This was my immediate thought. I know what it's like to have a blind spot from a migraine. You literally can look at someones face an not see their nose. Sounds strange, but certainly couldn't play QB when it happens.
If one hits when I am driving, I need to pull over and let the blind spot subside. I still have to drive with a headache, driving with a blind spot is impossible. Like you said, usually headache medicine will at least let me see again.

I've never had a migraine and I've never known anyone personally who got them so I have zero knowledge on them. I have heard there are degrees of severity. I have heard that certain things can trigger them.

I know nothing about what medications are for them, how effective medications are, and what the side effects of the medication are.

My concern is that Kizer got one today in what may have been the loudest stadium he's ever been in, and possibly while under the highest level of stress he's ever had to experience.

What if he turns out to be a good QB for us, but he has migraines attack him at the most stressful times, the biggest games. Is that possibility unfounded?

If he has to resume or increase medication could there be negative side effects that could affect his ability to play at the highest level?

If he comes back into a game after experiencing a migraine like he did today, can he really be 100% or even close to it?

These are some of the concerns that come to mind. I like the kid and I have hopes for his potential. But is there any possibility that if we move forward with him that we could eventually have the rug pulled out because of this?

Is this something that could shorten his career, and what effect would concussions and blows to the head have on the frequency and severity of migraines?

These questions are that come off the top of my head, as someone who has no experience in this area.

Kizer looked bad. He adjusted a bit on holding the ball to long by forcing throws. One of his interceptions should have been a receptions, it was a tipped pass. The other 2 re just ill-advised throws.

My take, this is why you want a bridge qb. Kizer is not processing the game speed fast enough. He will, and hopefully we see improvement, but its sad all the other qb's in camp sucked so bad because 6 weeks on the bench would have been nice for kizer.

That said, if he is the correct qb he will learn and look like a starter by the end of the season. right now he is easily confused almost like he is a rookie.

Kizer looked bad. He adjusted a bit on holding the ball to long by forcing throws. One of his interceptions should have been a receptions, it was a tipped pass. The other 2 re just ill-advised throws.

My take, this is why you want a bridge qb. Kizer is not processing the game speed fast enough. He will, and hopefully we see improvement, but its sad all the other qb's in camp sucked so bad because 6 weeks on the bench would have been nice for kizer.

That said, if he is the correct qb he will learn and look like a starter by the end of the season. right now he is easily confused almost like he is a rookie.

Yeah I was really not wanting to start him against these two teams because I've seen them crush the confidence of past QB's.

It's sink or swim. If he's different than a Couch, Quinn, Frye, or McCoy...he's gonna have to keep fighting for air and keep fighting in general.

Reactions: Lee
I didn't watch the game but I thought Kizer looked pretty shitty again.

Yeah I was really not wanting to start him against these two teams because I've seen them crush the confidence of past QB's.

It's sink or swim. If he's different than a Couch, Quinn, Frye, or McCoy...he's gonna have to keep fighting for air and keep fighting in general.

He was fighting in this game and already it seems like people are ignoring it. He overcame the migraine and returned to a game that was already slipping away when he left. He made some bad throws and decisions that led to turnovers but he never showed that he was defeated.

The best moment in this game was probably when Kizer was chewing out Sammie Coates for essentially giving up on a route in garbage time during a game where he had played horribly. I know everyone likes to make everything about the QB but there are almost 100 players and coaches on this team and they will take notice to things like that. This kid is the youngest QB in the league and he's trying to take the reigns of the most dysfunctional franchise in the league for the last 20 years. If anything people should be encouraged that so far he has shown that he is 100% committed to this process and is trying to make this work. That's unlikely to happen though because for some reason fans want instant success even if it does nothing for the long term success of the team.

Not a huge amount of positives to take away from the game, but it does appear that the Browns have improved enough defensively to be more competitive in games this year, which wasn't the case last year.

But, to quote the great Jim Mora, you turn the ball over 5 times, you aren't gonna beat anybody.

https://youtu.be/-oSFYxDGKy8

Migraines do stink since I get them and it's hard to do anything at times especially dealing with loud noises. My migraines mostly have triggers so as long as I limit exposure to them I rarely deal with them. If Kizer only gets them once or twice a year then we really do not need to worry about them effecting his play a whole lot. Now that may change with concussions and whatnot, but that is something we will not know until it happens and hopefully our OLine help it from happening.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."