• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017-2018 Boston Celtics: No Irving! No Hayward! No Brooklyn Pick!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regrade the finalized trade

• A+

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • A

Votes: 70 27.9%
  • B

Votes: 74 29.5%
  • C

Votes: 39 15.5%
  • D

Votes: 18 7.2%
  • F

Votes: 30 12.0%

• Total voters
Kyrie has an astounding ability to speak many words and say nothing. He would be the greatest fillibusterer ever...

agreed. thought this for a long time. he's "well spoken" in that he doesn't mumble or stutter and that masks the fact that what he says makes little sense upon further inspection

i mean i should have known this once he said the world was flat but w/e

LeBron still plays for this team while Kyrie plays for another, which makes the latter's douchiness harder to tolerate.

Kyrie was on the team and there are an awful lot of highlights of him connected to our championship. Can still enjoy those know what douche he was?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20745983/nba-kyrie-irving-explains-trade-request-more-first-take

I understand wanting a change of scenery and the pursuit of personal happiness. His interview still rubbed me the wrong way and felt like he was taking shots at the city of Cleveland. Never thought I would change my opinion on him even after the trade request as he has been my favorite player since we drafted him, but man he has truly revealed himself to be a pompous douche.

Kyrie is perfect for what ESPN wants sports to be, which is a soap opera involving big markets. He was not perfect for what Cleveland needs sports to be, which is a quality competitive product with parity.

Several respectable writers and analysts have written/discussed that they think Gordon Hayward is actually the best player on the Celtics. Obviously Kyrie will be the first option on offense, but there's a legitimate question as to whether he is a better overall player than Hayward. I can see arguments for both sides but feel that ultimately Hayward is better right now (the guy really has no holes in his game) but Kyrie on his best day is better than Hayward. Moreover, Kyrie has a higher ceiling. I'm curious what you guys think.

Hayward is a capable scorere, high energy player and a really good passer. Irving has the best individual handles in the nba.. they will be tough on the court together, but i think fragile. The way to beat them will be to get physical.

Take iff your homer glasses and boston will be offensively solid. But i dont think they beat us post season, even if it doesnt play. Crowder, love james smith an tt are enough to beat boston. Just not enough to beat GS..

OdYkGM0.jpg

Several respectable writers and analysts have written/discussed that they think Gordon Hayward is actually the best player on the Celtics. Obviously Kyrie will be the first option on offense, but there's a legitimate question as to whether he is a better overall player than Hayward. I can see arguments for both sides but feel that ultimately Hayward is better right now (the guy really has no holes in his game) but Kyrie on his best day is better than Hayward. Moreover, Kyrie has a higher ceiling. I'm curious what you guys think.

I think there is a lot of truth/accuracy in your post.

The one about Gordon that would concern me, is how well does he age? He's very athletic, but his game is also very finesse-based. As he ages, and he loses some of that athleticism, I'm just curious what kind of player he becomes. He's 27 right now, but I feel like we'll see that major dip in his game once he hits the backside of 30. There's very few guys that can maintain their level of play past age 30, like LeBron has managed to do. But LeBron has the benefit of being able to control game sin multiple ways, and is still a physical freak. When Hayward loses just a bit of that jumping ability, quick twitch muscle memory, muscle explosion.......it's very possible he becomes an overpaid player on a max deal. He'll always be a good player, I'm just not sure he'll be a "max-level" player past 30.

Interestingly enough, I've had the same fear of Kyrie. As skilled as he is, once he loses just a bit of his athleticism, how well will he finish around the hoop? How healthy will he stay throughout his career taking on a larger load?

I mean, you can make the age argument for about every player in the league, but certain players just have tendencies in their game, where you can see they will age better than another player. Because Chris Paul throughout his career, has been a guy who routinely gets others involved, is less dependent on scoring, and views himself as a game manager, his career arc has remained relatively steady. Kyrie, as a guy who wants to be a ball dominant, ISO scorer......I just don't know what that looks like in 4-5 years. He isn't the pure shooter Steph is, nor the the creator for other teammates. Can he be that guy at age 30? The thing I've always loved about LeBron, is by the time he's 35/36, if he's smart and he wants to do it, he just switches to PF full-time and doesn't have to match up on the wing, and becomes the most skilled PF in the NBA for 2-3 years.

I don't think Gordon is better than Kyrie...and all of the pundit rankings agree - even those for 2016 and prior. He is on a rough average of about 10 spots lower than Ky, and we homers all thought Kyrie was ranked low at 20. Crazy talk - him being better than Kyrie. Don't think he'll ever get there either.

Kyrie will absolutely kill it in Boston. I think he'll have career numbers in points, assists and rebounds, but I would be surprised if any of this percentages went up. His defensive metrics may go up as well. I don't think Boston will be better than us, especially if IT is fully healthy come the postseason. I'll still watch Kyrie in Boston. I love his style of play.

I'm Calling it now guys, remember this.

Gordon on Court with Kyrie: +6 per 100
Kyrie on Court without Gordon: -25 per 100

Reporter: "Kyrie why can't you win without LeBro.... oh shit I mean why can't you win without Gordon on the court?"

Kyrie: "As a very much woke individual I'm very much aware that Plus Minus and math is not real, and this ploy created by the corrupt media is just a way to divide us all against each other"

Kyrie: "As a very much woke individual I'm very much aware that Plus Minus and math is not real, and this ploy created by the corrupt media is just a way to divide us all against each other"

He’s just trying to find his own reality and his own truth, and he’s very clear about what his intentions are, which is exactly that, and that’s having the opportunity to grow as an individual, but also be true to one’s self, and being in the best environment to do that, even if that means having a plus/minus of -50. He’s just here to ball man and let everything take care of itself.

^my best Kyrie impression.

He’s just trying to find his own reality and his own truth, and he’s very clear about what his intentions are, which is exactly that, and that’s having the opportunity to grow as an individual, but also be true to one’s self, and being in the best environment to do that, even if that means having a plus/minus of -50. He’s just here to ball man and let everything take care of itself.

^my best Kyrie impression.

HAPPINESS!

The millionaires who talk about their own true selves and seeking happiness or fullfillment deserve the tens of millions of waving middle fingers that give them their true sense of purpose, which is to go fuck themselves.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."