• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Indians @ Angels

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Need to just go 6-5 in the final 11 to win 100

Pretty incredible and a bet no one would have taken in July

I said in March this team would hit 100 wins and said it multiple times throughout the year they would get to 100 wins! I took that bet in July without any hesitation.

Yes I am semi-crazy, but I am not afraid to say it!

At the end of the day it is good to see this talented team putting everything together especially missing core guys for this stretch of wins. Now will Brantley and Kipnis be ready for the playoffs? Right now that is hard to believe they truly will be but hopefully I am wrong about that.

You'd expect a team that had just won 22 straight to ease up a little bit. To bounce right back with three straight wins after having the streak broken is pretty impressive. Shows just how locked in this club is.

You'd expect a team that had just won 22 straight to ease up a little bit. To bounce right back with three straight wins after having the streak broken is pretty impressive. Shows just how locked in this club is.
Agreed. I was convinced they would go on a little skid.

Agreed. I was convinced they would go on a little skid.

yep agreed completely. expected a 3-3 or 4-4 run of games. Im curious if they can maintain this edge through the rest of the season? I have a little concern about burning out, but they seem to be functioning on a total different level. The pitching staff is just ridiculous right now (especially the starters).

yep agreed completely. expected a 3-3 or 4-4 run of games. Im curious if they can maintain this edge through the rest of the season? I have a little concern about burning out, but they seem to be functioning on a total different level. The pitching staff is just ridiculous right now (especially the starters).
Well they are putting together quality at bats.. I thought Edwin's 2run single from
0-2 to 3-2 was excellent..

Also loved the fact that they allowed Allen to steal the base and show some aggression (love his defense as well).. But enjoyed the fact they utilized that speed as an option..

Not sure why people disagreed with my post when you can go back through the threads and read when I said the Indians would win 100 games since I know I said it in spring training, and during the Diamondbacks series, oh wellz!

On to the Indians though, the Indians never changed their game now that the streak has finished. They are still playing loose and having a ton of fun out there just playing the game. They are a competitive bunch but at the same not pressuring themselves to win every ball game, but going out, working hard and leting their actions win it for them.

Wonder what the most wins with just one loss would be. Same question for 2.

Wonder what the most wins with just one loss would be. Same question for 2.
I couldn't find that while googling last night but the best 50 stretch had 4 losses or something ridiculous like that. So I assume one loss streak has to be into the 30s. If the Indians won out they would finish the season 45 and 5. For those of you curious

Wonder what the most wins with just one loss would be.
From Elias:

The major-league record for the longest stretch of games with only one loss has stood since 1884, when the Providence Grays, then a National League powerhouse, won 28 of 29 games from August 7 to September 18 (a 20-game winning streak, then a loss, then an eight-game winning streak). The Grays’ ironman pitcher, Hall-of-Famer Old Hoss Radbourn, started 27 of those 29 games, winning 26.

From Elias:

The major-league record for the longest stretch of games with only one loss has stood since 1884, when the Providence Grays, then a National League powerhouse, won 28 of 29 games from August 7 to September 18 (a 20-game winning streak, then a loss, then an eight-game winning streak). The Grays’ ironman pitcher, Hall-of-Famer Old Hoss Radbourn, started 27 of those 29 games, winning 26.
I wonder what the "modern day" record is?

From Elias:

How can someone possibly pitch that much

From Elias:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."