• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017-2018 Around the NBA

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Man this season has went about perfectly for the Lakers.

Bad enough to be in the lottery, but good enough to show promise to the big name FAs this summer AND keep their pick.

Bad enough to be in the lottery, but good enough to show promise to the big name FAs this summer AND keep their pick.

You mean get someone else's pick?

They don't have their pick......................

They have ours.

So everyone should know by now I'm very anti crowning of Philly as some future powerhouse. I think they still have a long way to go.

Yesterday was Embiid's birthday. Did anyone know he is now 24? I think everyone assumes he is so young because last year was his "rookie" year. Embiid doing what he is doing now as a 21 year old? I can see the talk of multiple future MVPs. It'd still be premature, but whatever. As it stands now, Embiid is only 2 years younger than Kyrie. Anyone who is respecting his range out to 3 point territory really shouldn't be. He's shooting 30.5% from 3 on 3.5 attempts per game.

I've always been bullish on Embiid, and still am. Not to the extent that some on this board are. I think you guys massively overrate him. But I think he has the potential to be a top 10 player. Right now though, he isn't close to that. And the fact that he is 24 surprised me. He should be closer to that if he truly is on this multiple championship, multiple MVP path.

But really the biggest thing is teams don't have to respect Embiid when he goes out to 3. That was the big thing people kept selling on him. His range. But his range is basically just an inefficient use of possessions this season.

Last edited:
He's only 24 and is better than anyone else on the Cavs roster.

He's only 24 and is better than anyone else on the Cavs roster.
Czvo I know this might be hard for you to believe, but you can discuss the 76ers without discussing the Cavaliers. That’s why this is in around the NBA and not Cavs Talk

Czvo I know this might be hard for you to believe, but you can discuss the 76ers without discussing the Cavaliers. That’s why this is in around the NBA and not Cavs Talk

Sure. I've said this in other threads, but I have Philly landing the 3 seed. I don't think a finals run is out of the question as they match up very well with Boston. They did a great job with the Ilyasova and Bellineli pickups to help with shooting, which was their biggest question mark. Provided they stay healthy, Embiid and Simmons could be the best 1-2 punch in the east as soon as next year.

I think you’re wildly overrating Simmons. He literally cannot shoot.

That duo, collectively, is such a poor shooting duo I don’t see how they could possibly be the best 1-2 punch. Simmons is a 57% free throw shooter!

I think you’re letting your view of their potential cloud your evaluation of where they are at right now

I can buy into Philly being a defensive powerhouse in a few years once their young guys mature a little more. Not sure how high their ceiling on offense is, though. Lineups with Simmons, Embiid, and three good shooters are dangerous, but probably not championship level dangerous any time soon.

Didn’t realize Simmons is such a bad shooter. Putting LeBron on that squad would win lots of games, but the personnel are far from complimentary.

Oh, Simmons is a total non-shooter and he has a LONG way to go to be respectable on that end. What's funny though is teams still can't keep him out of the paint. It's kind of like guarding Rondo back in the day. You lay off of him because he can't shoot, but that just gives him a runway to the rim. Only, Simmons is 6-8 and finishing above the rim instead of below it. And laying off of him lets pick you apart with his passing.

Oh, Simmons is a total non-shooter and he has a LONG way to go to be respectable on that end. What's funny though is teams still can't keep him out of the paint. It's kind of like guarding Rondo back in the day. You lay off of him because he can't shoot, but that just gives him a runway to the rim. Only, Simmons is 6-8 and finishing above the rim instead of below it. And laying off of him lets pick you apart with his passing.

Pretty sure he's at least 6'11" fwiw.

LBJ needs shooters.

Philly's two best players, Embiid and Simmons, are non-shooting threats.

You can argue that Embiid is alright, but he is a worse perimeter guy than Chris Bosh and Kevin Love. Simmons literally would die if his life was on the line in a game of HORSE against your average D-2 college baller. Covington would be gone if LBJ shows up.

Just can't see the fit working unless Fultz turns into Curry 2.0, which isn't happening.

Random but I have no idea how Patrick Patterson is a 37% three point shooter. I can't remember the last time I saw him make a three.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."