• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Avengers: Infinity War spoiler thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

col63onel

Brad Daugherty Fan Club
Reaction score
Reviews are in, tons of spoilers are online (apparently Forbes posted an article with a ton of spoilers), so as good a time as any to start a spoilers thread.

I won't be posting in here until at least Saturday, when I plan on seeing it.

Reviews are in, tons of spoilers are online (apparently Forbes posted an article with a ton of spoilers), so as good a time as any to start a spoilers thread.

I won't be posting in here until at least Saturday, when I plan on seeing it.

Black Widow, Wanda and Okoye lez out. For ten minutes.

Thank you for this. Seeing it Friday night so I’ll be in here after that

Saw it, loved it. Wasn't perfect but the positives HEAVILY outweighs any negatives.

Exceeds the hype and love where it is going

Stan Lee's cameo was hilarious. "What's the matter with you kids? You never seen a spaceship before?" Probably his second best cameo after being the strip club DJ in Deadpool.

Reactions: AJL
Really enjoyed it. My main complaint is that I feel most of the deaths at the end were for shock value and will be undone in the sequel. It's like they killed off all the characters we thought would live just because we thought they would live.

Also, not sure there's ever been a movie that could be more summed up by this:

tumblr_inline_o3mwtsOTY71rgc59x_500.gif

Thanos is amazing.

He's the perfect villain. He doesn't want to conquer or rule, this is really just a religious experience for him. I don't even think he's evil. He's delusional, for sure, but still there were moments where you could sympathize with him. He truly loved Gamora, but he was willing to sacrifice everything he loved to make the universe a better place (in his eyes).

The end scene with him just relaxing and watching the sunset was perfect. It sums up his character, and his motives perfectly.

I don't really understand his motivation, though. Because his home planet had overpopulation issues, he thinks it's a great idea to destroy half the life in the entire universe. That logic doesn't hold up. Like, at all. If you have the power of a god, you'd think you'd have the time to treat that sort of thing on a case by case basis. Instead, he just commits genocide basically just because.

I also think the finger-snapping scene would have been more powerful if they had shown regular people getting wiped out too instead of just heroes we know are going to be brought back in the next movie.

I don't really understand his motivation, though. Because his home planet had overpopulation issues, he thinks it's a great idea to destroy half the life in the entire universe. That logic doesn't hold up. Like, at all. If you have the power of a god, you'd think you'd have the time to treat that sort of thing on a case by case basis. Instead, he just commits genocide basically just because.

I also think the finger-snapping scene would have been more powerful if they had shown regular people getting wiped out too instead of just heroes we know are going to be brought back in the next movie.

It's not supposed to be logical. Like I said, it's a religious belief for him that the universe would be better off with half its population gone. You can see how at peace he is once his mission is complete.

The only question I have moving forward is if he is eventually tempted to use the Gauntlet to seize power over the universe, which would ultimately be his undoing.

They did show regular people disappearing the credits scene FWIW

Thanos is amazing.

He's the perfect villain. He doesn't want to conquer or rule, this is really just a religious experience for him. I don't even think he's evil. He's delusional, for sure, but still there were moments where you could sympathize with him. He truly loved Gamora, but he was willing to sacrifice everything he loved to make the universe a better place (in his eyes).

The end scene with him just relaxing and watching the sunset was perfect. It sums up his character, and his motives perfectly.
That smile at the end in from of the sunset was epic. He genuinely believes what he did was right and is happy with it. The dude is fucking insane and I love it.

Am I the only one left disappointed by this moving? Felt the build up was so unbearably slow and the pay off wasn't worth it imo.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."