• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 Cavs

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I like Nwaba a lot more than the other two guys. Decent upside on O and already a great defender. Only 25 years old. If we could get him on a cheap contract thats a solid pick up. especially if we trade some SGs

I think he has more upside than the other two but I think Koby has his work cut out for him to sell Nwaba on his role with the team especially for the first half of the season.

I also question how much Koby sees Clarkson as part of the long term future with the team if the two guys we are link to seem to be a backup PG and a backup SG.

Can Nwaba play SF at all or is he purely a SG?

I think he has more upside than the other two but I think Koby has his work cut out for him to sell Nwaba on his role with the team especially for the first half of the season.

I also question how much Koby sees Clarkson as part of the long term future with the team if the two guys we are link to seem to be a backup PG and a backup SG.

Nwaba is an end of the bench guy that wasn't even on a guaranteed contract last year. The Bulls thought so highly of him, they let him walk. The Cavs shouldn't have to sell him on anything. Offering him a guaranteed deal is selling enough in its own right.

Nwaba is an end of the bench guy that wasn't even on a guaranteed contract last year. The Bulls thought so highly of him, they let him walk. The Cavs shouldn't have to sell him on anything. Offering him a guaranteed deal is selling enough in its own right.

He averaged 23 minutes and played in 70 games. He was a rotation player for the Bulls. From a quick Google search, it seems like the Bulls are still interested in bring him back and the Lakers are sniffing around. He is one of the few young free agents left, I think he will have to be sold on a role to take a contract.

The Bulls pulled his qualifying offer to get Jabari Parker. If the Bulls didn't like him at all, they wouldn't have given the qualifying offer in the first place.

6'4"

He averaged 23 minutes and played in 70 games. He was a rotation player for the Bulls. From a quick Google search, it seems like the Bulls are still interested in bring him back and the Lakers are sniffing around. He is one of the few young free agents left, I think he will have to be sold on a role to take a contract.

The Bulls pulled his qualifying offer to get Jabari Parker. If the Bulls didn't like him at all, they wouldn't have given the qualifying offer in the first place.

i would be ok with booker and him.
Booker's toughness would pair well with sexton, osman and nance imo

He also started playing a lot more when the bulls were trying to lose, something he really helped them with. All I'm saying is David Nwaba isn't making or breaking anything, and if his career breaks JUST right, he'll be a spot player of a contender.

He also started playing a lot more when the bulls were trying to lose, something he really helped them with. All I'm saying is David Nwaba isn't making or breaking anything, and if his career breaks JUST right, he'll be a spot player of a contender.

I get that but I think he is one of the last 3-5 guys who will have a few team trying to sign him because of he is relatively young and might have some untapped potential. Koby will have to sell him on a role more than money or just being on a roster. Nwaba is looking at getting like 1.5-2.5 million and will get a one year or two year contract.

After this group of players sign, I think we will be in the stage of free agency that players are just trying to get their way on to a NBA roster. We saw Richard Jefferson try to make an appeal that seemed directly towards the Cavs. I think Luke Babbitt will take the first offer he gets.

I get that but I think he is one of the last 3-5 guys who will have a few team trying to sign him because of he is relatively young and might have some untapped potential. Koby will have to sell him on a role more than money or just being on a roster. Nwaba is looking at getting like 1.5-2.5 million and will get a one year or two year contract.

After this group of players sign, I think we will be in the stage of free agency that players are just trying to get their way on to a NBA roster. We saw Richard Jefferson try to make an appeal that seemed directly towards the Cavs. I think Luke Babbitt will take the first offer he gets.

I agree with your first paragraph to the extent that he MIGHT have some potential left. I don't think they need to sell him, and I don't think people should be upset if he signs somewhere else.

So
in looking at FRee agents left who do you want to sign to fill out tgecroster
I agree with your first paragraph to the extent that he MIGHT have some potential left. I don't think they need to sell him, and I don't think people should be upset if he signs somewhere else.

certainly will not be upset if he signes elsewhere but looking at what is available I would take a shot at booker and/or nwaba

we are going to have to fill roster spots. If/when we trade korver, love, hill we are probably going get picks back, there are roster spots available.
A one year deal for either one of these guys with a club option second year is no risk

also would be having a constant stream of players running through canton to see if we can get lucky

if we have a roster spot open and no one that promising to fill out I would gladly take jefferson back. he and frye with the young core would pay dividends

Yeah he might have potential and he might be completely useless in a year. He is at a crossroads with his NBA career, at 25 he is in the last year of being considered young. Like it or not, Koby has to sell it to Nwaba and his agent on his role. They will want to make sure he can get the appropriate minutes to get him going on the right path for future money.

I also agree that we shouldn't be disappointed if we don't get him. His ceiling is becoming a solid backup SG, like 7-9 in our rotation. His floor is a guy who might be questioning playing overseas for more money or sitting at the end of the bench in the nba next year.

So

in looking at FRee agents left who do you want to sign to fill out tgecroster

certainly will not be upset if he signes elsewhere but looking at what is available I would take a shot at booker and/or nwaba

we are going to have to fill roster spots. If/when we trade korver, love, hill we are probably going get picks back, there are roster spots available.
A one year deal for either one of these guys with a club option second year is no risk

also would be having a constant stream of players running through canton to see if we can get lucky

if we have a roster spot open and no one that promising to fill out I would gladly take jefferson back. he and frye with the young core would pay dividends

You know, I don't really know. About the only thing I'd love to see them do is sign RJ if he's open to it. Other than that, I haven't really given it too much thought. The Cavs will do what they want to do, so I don't really want to get invested in guys that aren't on the team, you know?

You know, I don't really know. About the only thing I'd love to see them do is sign RJ if he's open to it. Other than that, I haven't really given it too much thought. The Cavs will do what they want to do, so I don't really want to get invested in guys that aren't on the team, you know?

I agree, trust me I am not "invested" in any remaining free agent. Even lukewarm on Hood depending on the money
Agree with you RJ, would be a great addition with Frye with the young core. Can still give short bursts of playing time but don't need to play enough to take time away from the youth

There is something to be said to not filling up the last three-4 spots on the roster with players like booker etc

Would like to see those spots filled with the high character guys like frye, RJ and Korver. Still think Korver would have more value at the deadline

unless you can get furkan for him

So

Pat Connaughton is another I would look at for a backup sg

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."