• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Greatest Live Musical Performance

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Was just about to say Queen - live aid before even seeing your answer. RIP, Freddie and Prince.

Queen at Wembley. That’s another great one. And the story behind their Live Aid performance is pretty freaking cool

Anyone want to give me a brief summary of why live aid was so good? Never watched it.

Prince just because just for Prince, God decided to make it rain for Purple Rain.
Only super bowl were it rained and it was for Prince

Anyone want to give me a brief summary of why live aid was so good? Never watched it.

In front of the entire world, Freddie Mercury played a crowd of 80,000 like an instrument.

Freddie was amazing. I'm so excited for the upcoming Queen movie. One of my favorite recorded song's of Freddie's was "The Show Must Go On" particularly because of the story behind it. Freddie was in the advanced stages of AIDS and was close to death. They were talking about recording the song, and Bryan May, the guitarist, wanted to sing it instead because he doubted that Freddie had the strength left to sing it. Freddie said to Bryan, "I'll fucking do it, darling," downed a half a bottle of Vodka, then fucking crushed it. He basically crawled out of his deathbed to sing a song about how the show must go on despite hard times, which was more than just words. It was exactly what he was going through. Go listen to that song on youtube, look at the guy, and then reflect on this story while listening to the song. Super powerful. I know this isn't a live performance, and I don't know off-hand if he did end up performing this song live ever, but the story about the recording was powerful.

Had a country music phase in high school. Plus, Garth Brooks "the dance" was seemingly played at anyone's funeral so an emotional connection was tied to Garth for that reason.....

So......in 97 (?), went to his concert in cbus. During "thunder rolls and lightning strikes", these amazing lightning strikes were in the sky, from an actual storm. Made it an amazing concert and something that I will never forget. Definitely the best I ever saw live

Saw icp in concert too, besides the contact buzz, rather forget it.

[parsehtml]<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/104287711?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="https://vimeo.com/104287711">Heart &quot;Stairway to Heaven&quot; (Live)</a></p>[/parsehtml]
/thread

Freddie was amazing. I'm so excited for the upcoming Queen movie. One of my favorite recorded song's of Freddie's was "The Show Must Go On" particularly because of the story behind it. Freddie was in the advanced stages of AIDS and was close to death. They were talking about recording the song, and Bryan May, the guitarist, wanted to sing it instead because he doubted that Freddie had the strength left to sing it. Freddie said to Bryan, "I'll fucking do it, darling," downed a half a bottle of Vodka, then fucking crushed it. He basically crawled out of his deathbed to sing a song about how the show must go on despite hard times, which was more than just words. It was exactly what he was going through. Go listen to that song on youtube, look at the guy, and then reflect on this story while listening to the song. Super powerful. I know this isn't a live performance, and I don't know off-hand if he did end up performing this song live ever, but the story about the recording was powerful.

"These are the Days of Our Lives" was actually the last video he ever performed. He can barely move in the goddamn video. He was so ashamed of those stupid teeth of his so when he flashes them in the video at "just a show" it's really...telling and just really heartbreaking. That video kills me.

[parsehtml]<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/104287711?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="https://vimeo.com/104287711">Heart &quot;Stairway to Heaven&quot; (Live)</a></p>[/parsehtml]/thread

I remember this from several years ago--Kennedy Center 2012 Honors. John Bonham's son was on drums I believe. Then the two different choirs coming in at the end was sweet.

I haven’t posted in a long time but I’m going to Metallica for the first time ever tomorrow. I’m not going to lie I’m expecting an awesome show. To those who have been is it an “experience”? I cannot wait!

*edit to add that I tried to find the metal thread and didn’t have any success. So I figured I would try this one.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."