• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Cleveland Cavaliers should hire David Blatt as their new head coach!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JJ_PR

Sixth Man
Reaction score
The Cleveland Cavaliers are in search of a new head coach. There are many candidates for the position which include Larry Drew & Avery Johnson.

That being said, I think the best route for the Cavs to take is to hire a former coach of this team in David Blatt. He had a winning record of 83-40, and led this team to a finals berth.

I want to point out that he has experience coaching former Cavs standout Kyrie Irving. The Cavs could make certain moves in order to lure Kyrie Irving back to Cleveland, including the hiring of one of his former coaches.

In order to make this possible, I would trade for none other than Jimmy Butler.

Cleveland trades: Collin Sexton | Jordan Clarkson | Kyle Korver

Minnesota trades: Jimmy Butler | Justin Patton | Tyus Jones

Following the Jimmy Butler trade, I would find J.R. Smith a new home.

Cleveland trades: J.R. Smith | Ante Zizic

Philadelphia trades: Wilson Chandler | Furkan Korkmaz

Finally, I would do a trade involving George Hill.

Cleveland trades: George Hill | Sam Dekker

Phoenix trades: Tyson Chandler | Troy Daniels

PG: Kyrie Irving | Tyus Jones
SG: Jimmy Butler | Furkan Korkmaz
SF: Rodney Hood | Cedi Osman
PF: Kevin Love | Larry Nance Jr.
C: Tristan Thompson | Justin Patton
Coach: David Blatt

So dumb for so many reasons.

This is an interesting idea. Can you forecast the same outlook with another potential head coach, say... Byron Scott??

smhsplintermoviesfacepalm.gif

There have been 16 head coaching replacements since Blatt left the Cavs and no team has picked him up.

Anyone care to venture a guess why?

There have been 16 head coaching replacements since Blatt left the Cavs and no team has picked him up.

Anyone care to venture a guess why?

He went back to Europe and is making millions there. Every media member and insider always says this kind of thing, but no one can ever give a real concrete reason he was fired and why he gets no respect in the league. If you have information please share, but people are so smug that it was 100% the right move without saying so.

There was the timeout that never was, but LeBron gets no flack for calling a non existent timeout the other night and the refs didn't see it or ignored it just like Blatt. Never saw so no much credit given to something that didn't actually have consequences. It was also JRs fault for not being able to to inbound the ball in 2 tries instead of 3. I wonder if Lue diagrammed that out of bounds play that burned 3 tineouts? That would be cosmically hilarious.

Lue's blunders in the playoffs are much worse IMO. Playing Jr so many minutes in game 1 last year where he gave up that 3 at the half and the horrible decision at the end. He didn't remind LeBron of the time out and didn't remind Jr of the score. Didn't play Cedi over Hood in the playoffs. Continually went with green at center which was mindboggling, ran Kyrie out of town, fought for the worst defensive coordinator in the league, played guys that were worse because of seniority. The list goes on and on.

Just come out and say it if you know something we don't. What are you risking 3+years later?

I don't know if you realize, but this "trust is, behind the scenes" doesn't work with an organization that routinely fucks up royally.

These posts are pretty funny (OK, I just posted a spoof), but I actually wouldn't mind seeing David Blatt back here. He seems good at developing young players and I think he would come up with interesting ways to use the talent we do have. Some of the stuff that didn't work out so well with him last time seems like it wouldn't be such a big deal this time -- we don't have big ego stars (OK, unless KLove is one behind the scenes, but not sure the guy is a star any more) and Blatt has probably learned things from his first time around.

These posts are pretty funny (OK, I just posted a spoof), but I actually wouldn't mind seeing David Blatt back here. He seems good at developing young players and I think he would come up with interesting ways to use the talent we do have. Some of the stuff that didn't work out so well with him last time seems like it wouldn't be such a big deal this time -- we don't have big ego stars (OK, unless KLove is one behind the scenes, but not sure the guy is a star any more) and Blatt has probably learned things from his first time around.

He and Kevin didn't get along, but hasn't Blatt been proven right about kevin?

I was always hard on Blatt but as the saying goes, "you don't know what you got till it's gone."

I just think about some of the stuff that the guy did in light of the shit stew we've been ladled by Lue for 2+ years and it's honestly eye-opening. He made Delly a folk hero in Cleveland, got Mozgov a max contract, and made friggen Shumpert a positive player. He mixed and matched lineups, could adapt and adjust, kept us on top of the East by making Jared fuckin' Cunningham a vital cog. We evinced an understanding of basic defensive principles and became a force on that end when forced to because of injuries. On top of all that you had LeBron playing a career low in minutes despite constant scrutiny and derision from the fans and media.

Compare that to Lue who rode LeBron 40+ minutes, never made a switch or called a timeout, watched every player erode under his watch, promoted an environment of apathy and anarchy, headed one of the worst defenses in the league multiple years in a row...do I really need to go on?

I have no idea how Lue had ANY supporters around here after taking into account what Blatt did with mostly the same personnel. Blatt was a coach, Lue was a figurehead.

I was always hard on Blatt but as the saying goes, "you don't know what you got till it's gone."

I just think about some of the stuff that the guy did in light of the shit stew we've been ladled by Lue for 2+ years and it's honestly eye-opening. He made Delly a folk hero in Cleveland, got Mozgov a max contract, and made friggen Shumpert a positive player. He mixed and matched lineups, could adapt and adjust, kept us on top of the East by making Jared fuckin' Cunningham a vital cog. We evinced an understanding of basic defensive principles and became a force on that end when forced to because of injuries. On top of all that you had LeBron playing a career low in minutes despite constant scrutiny and derision from the fans and media.

Compare that to Lue who rode LeBron 40+ minutes, never made a switch or called a timeout, watched every player erode under his watch, promoted an environment of apathy and anarchy, headed one of the worst defenses in the league multiple years in a row...do I really need to go on?

I have no idea how Lue had ANY supporters around here after taking into account what Blatt did with mostly the same personnel. Blatt was a coach, Lue was a figurehead.
Regardless of whether or not Blatt is a great coach, and maybe he is, sometimes situations happen that require both parties to move on.

It just seems like it wouldn’t be that much different from bringing back Mike Brown. Sometimes it’s just better to move on and find some other new young coach. This has nothing to do with whether or not Blatt is a good coach.

We just need to move on from anything attached to the LeBron era. We need a fresh start, new ideas, and people who can look at our players and systems with a fresh perspective. I don’t think Blatt is the best person to do that.

We just need to move on from anything attached to the LeBron era. We need a fresh start, new ideas, and people who can look at our players and systems with a fresh perspective. I don’t think Blatt is the best person to do that.

I think Blatt is exactly that. He is the perfect person for the job. He was initially brought in to coach a young, rebuilding team, and he didn't have an opportunity to actually do so.

Blatt is one of the best developmental coaches. Lead guards especially and bigs historically excel under him. Blatt is a freak for fundamentals, he doesn't accept anything but perfection and he actully likes coaching and teaching, and the players that play under him respect him for that because while he is hard and tough, he always rewards players that give their all and play right.

Blatt was cucked by Lebron, the team and the reporters. This is why he can't get a job in the NBA. It's a damn shame really. I think he is a perfect coach for this team and the Cavs would be extremely fortunate to have him back considering their current state; I just don't believe Blatt is the one that will accept the job because of the history.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."