• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 NFL SEASON Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
This MNF crew...well...

I'll give you a comparison.

First thing off the bat it reminds me of is when ABC removed Paul Page off of doing the Indy 500, IndyCar and replaced him with a guy by the name of Todd Harris.

Backstory? Paul Page had (up until that point) covering IndyCar, Auto Racing since 1974. His resume was beyond incredible. I could bore you with it, but I'll leave it be.

Todd Harris....was well meaning but not quite ready for the gig. He was mainly doing things like "The X Games", sideline work for College Football, and...I'm not kidding with this "Magic the Gathering finals" that aired on ESPN2.

As you can imagine? This went over like a lead balloon. To quote "The big lebowski", "Donnie you're out of your element".

I believe now that the same could be said about Joe Tessitore, Jason Witten and Booger MacFarland.

Tessitore is a guy who's "ceiling" as announcer at this moment? Is to call the "Virginia-NC State" game on ESPN2.

Macfarland is the type of guy who would be on a daily "CFB BREAKDOWN" on the SEC Network.

And Witten...? Fucking why? Feels like (again) a guy who would be calling the Iowa-South Dakota State game on BTN.

Just...bad. The "Booger mobile" blocking fans...the fact that you HAVE STEVE FUCKING YOUNG AND RANDY MOSS ON LOCATION BUT NOT IN THE BOOTH....just...BAD.

It is a real shame that the Browns were chained to Hue and Haley's corpses.

Watching the other two-three win teams it is obvious the Browns are much better than them in terms of having a more complete team.

The sad part for Jacksonville and that defense is that they have a lot of big contracts and nothing to show for it because their QB situation is so catastrophic. They will be in cap hell next year.

It is a real shame that the Browns were chained to Hue and Haley's corpses.

Watching the other two-three win teams it is obvious the Browns are much better than them in terms of having a more complete team.

The sad part for Jacksonville and that defense is that they have a lot of big contracts and nothing to show for it because their QB situation is so catastrophic. They will be in cap hell next year.
Jacksonville, Giants, 49ers (sans Jimmy G), Oakland, Buffalo, Jets, Denver, Detroit, Tampa Bay, and Arizona have all looked worse than us in most games this season. They absolutely have less talent.

It is frustrating because, frankly, the Tampa and Oakland games should have been wins, and then all of the sudden we are 5-4-1, which is a much better record.

It is also frustrating because it signals how bad Hue was to lead any NFL team to a 1-31 record. It is unacceptable.

Dak is sure struggling against a defense Baker lit up.

Apparently the Joe Theismanm injury was 33 years ago today, and Alex Smith just snapped his leg in the same city. The fuck.

I actually like Dak. He seems like a nice dude, but he's just so meh. This is why I love that we're not stuck with a Dalton, or Flacco, or someone like Dak.

They're good enough where you can't get rid of them. But they really aren't going to take you anywhere.

Flacco's SB was built on a dominant defense and the game is going so far away from that even since then.

You can't do shit if you don't have an elite offense and a very potent QB.

I really question what year it is when Colt McCoy, Cody Kessler, and Derek Anderson have all played in games this year.

And when Kizer and Weeden are backups... it really is alarming how bad QB situations can be with one injury.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."