• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Travel Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
hwwaow.jpg

2e1hjc9.jpg

znsn86.jpg
That looks amazing. So jealous

This 2018, I plan to visit Europe and Spain. For my summer holiday, I'm looking at Tenerife or Lanzarote.I came across this one article about he place here in https://www.canaryislandsinfo.co.uk/lanzarote/ I've never been to either and apparently the beaches are fantastic as well as being suitably 'different' to make it interesting.

So I just got the invite for my boy's wedding next June in Kauai, HI. I'm in Cleveland now, so for those that have been out to Hawaii, what's the best (cheapest) connecting city? Looking at LA, Vegas, etc. . . Assuming a few of you have gone, so I'm just trying to see what's the most cost effective way to get out there. If anyone has any good sites or tips for tracking airfare deals, that'd be great. Given that my last few trips have been to Iceland and Ireland, I'm definitely looking forward to some sunshine.

So I just got the invite for my boy's wedding next June in Kauai, HI. I'm in Cleveland now, so for those that have been out to Hawaii, what's the best (cheapest) connecting city? Looking at LA, Vegas, etc. . . Assuming a few of you have gone, so I'm just trying to see what's the most cost effective way to get out there. If anyone has any good sites or tips for tracking airfare deals, that'd be great. Given that my last few trips have been to Iceland and Ireland, I'm definitely looking forward to some sunshine.
If you don’t have Hopper, get Hopper. It tracks and projects flight prices through time and notifies you of any drops in prices. On 2 hawaii flights I saved about $500 just from timing of buying the tickets

Inter island flights are really cheap. Like less than $100 round trip cheap. Might want to compare the price of flying into Kauai to flying into Honolulu then seperarely purchasing a flight from Honolulu to Kauai. The flight is like 10 minutes and they leave multiple times an hour. Could also spend a day on oahu out of it if you wanted to check out other islands. Also the juice they give you on Hawaiian airlines is almost worth $100 itself. If you go this route definitely demand more juice

My wife and I want to knock out at least one more big international vacation before having kids. I have never been to Europe. I would love to do the Mediterranean and Scandinavia (separate trips) but I have no idea where to start. I don't want any guided tour crap but at the same time trying to plan multiple countries is a bit intimidating and if we don't at least have a travel schedule we won't do well. How do I go about even beginning to plan this?

I've also always wanted to go to the UK as well but is it really worth it if I've never been to the rest of Europe? I feel like the culture and scenery is much better/different elsewhere. idk why I want to go to UK, I think it's just because I love British humour.

My wife and I want to knock out at least one more big international vacation before having kids. I have never been to Europe. I would love to do the Mediterranean and Scandinavia (separate trips) but I have no idea where to start. I don't want any guided tour crap but at the same time trying to plan multiple countries is a bit intimidating and if we don't at least have a travel schedule we won't do well. How do I go about even beginning to plan this?

I've also always wanted to go to the UK as well but is it really worth it if I've never been to the rest of Europe? I feel like the culture and scenery is much better/different elsewhere. idk why I want to go to UK, I think it's just because I love British humour.
Wait until after Brexit then you can get the humour and a dystopian collapsed economy in one feel swoop

Traveling to Sunrise, FL for a concert in March. Anyone familiar with the area, in particular Miami/Ft Lauderdale? Looking for the best night life scene as close as possible to the venue (BB&T, Fl Panthers play I guess). @gourimoko or any other past or current Floridians?

What interests you?

Architecture? Art? Military History? Wine/Beer?

Plan around shit you want to see. Recommend France as any starting point for Europe. A lot to see for those interested in anything (except maybe beer).

PM for points of interest in Scandinavia.

I forgot to recommend Iceland. Went back in October and the scenery was absolutely breathtaking.

Like koukie above, my girlfriend and I want to see as much as we can before we get married and have kids. We’re planning a trip to Europe. Thinking England and Italy. Go to England first, catch a Premier League game (preferably Liverpool), do tourist things, then head to Italy.

Traveling to Sunrise, FL for a concert in March. Anyone familiar with the area, in particular Miami/Ft Lauderdale? Looking for the best night life scene as close as possible to the venue (BB&T, Fl Panthers play I guess). @gourimoko or any other past or current Floridians?

It's been a very long time for me.. but omfg Miami was nice and the amount and quality of available women was just astonishing.

I'm going to Cabo next weekend. Weather forecast shows it in the 70s all week. Will that be a different 70s than here because it is further south? I know that when I went in the summer before, the sun was really strong, and everyone was really adamant about being careful with sunscreen.

I'm going to Cabo next weekend. Weather forecast shows it in the 70s all week. Will that be a different 70s than here because it is further south? I know that when I went in the summer before, the sun was really strong, and everyone was really adamant about being careful with sunscreen.

It will seem a bit chilly, but at 70's you should be able to go in the water still.

Sun Screen is key though....even in the winter, use it.

Cousin and I are going to Amsterdam in June, but we also have 2 free days leading into our stay in Amsterdam and are trying to pick another destination to visit in the Europe/Mediterranean region.

We're both in our mid 20s and like to party :chuckle:. We're currently thinking Ayia Napa in Cyprus, but open to suggestions. Good nightlife and preferably a beach are the two main criteria.

Also, anyone been to Amsterdam and have anything to share?

Anybody fly during the shutdown of late? How bad are the TSA lines? (I'm flying out of Detoit, not Cleveland.)

Anybody fly during the shutdown of late? How bad are the TSA lines? (I'm flying out of Detoit, not Cleveland.)

If/when the shutdown ends, I recommend TSA Pre-Screening.

Shutdown or no Shutdown (I flew last week, got through in a minute), it omits the need for lines.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."