• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cleveland Indians 2018-2019 Offseason Outlook

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Our projected lineup next season is going to be absolute garbage compared to our last three years. Not being a negative nancy or a hater, just a fact. Obviously moves can happen between now and ST, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've always been of the adage of if a guy hits a leadoff double, you bunt him over to third, and try to let the next guy hit a sac fly. Guaranteed run almost if you can execute the bunt and your next batter isn't horrible.

As of now, it's looking like our lineup outside of Lindor/Jose/Santana is going to be kind of not good. We're going to need to manufacture runs for our great starting rotation as much as we can.

Our projected lineup next season is going to be absolute garbage compared to our last three years. Not being a negative nancy or a hater, just a fact. Obviously moves can happen between now and ST, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've always been of the adage of if a guy hits a leadoff double, you bunt him over to third, and try to let the next guy hit a sac fly. Guaranteed run almost if you can execute the bunt and your next batter isn't horrible.

As of now, it's looking like our lineup outside of Lindor/Jose/Santana is going to be kind of not good. We're going to need to manufacture runs for our great starting rotation as much as we can.

We need the young positions players like Bauers, Allen, Luplow etc to really become solid everyday players with the way things are looking now. We have the rotation and a good enough roster to win the division but I think we can all agree we cannot win it all with this roster without a couple breakout years from the young guys. Though that being said there is still hope for us getting at least one or two solid free agents since the market is still full of players. I just hope at the end of the day we at least get like a Marwin Gonzalez to help this roster out.

Bunting ALWAYS lowers your run expectancy in an inning. Kill it. Kill it with fire.

I apologize for bringing rational thought into your world

To quote your personal god Kipnis :
“We were just outplayed," said. "I wish it weren't that simple. It just seems from top to bottom we were out-scouted, out-pitched, out-coached a little bit. They really did just a fantastic job over there of being ready and prepared before the series.”

To quote your personal god Kipnis :
“We were just outplayed," said. "I wish it weren't that simple. It just seems from top to bottom we were out-scouted, out-pitched, out-coached a little bit. They really did just a fantastic job over there of being ready and prepared before the series.”

What’s your point? That has nothing to do with effort or enthusiasm, which was what you said initially.

I’m also not sure what your problem is with me and Kipnis, he was a slightly above average player for us most of last year after a horrific start. That’s all I ever said.

What’s your point? That has nothing to do with effort or enthusiasm, which was what you said initially.

I’m also not sure what your problem is with me and Kipnis, he was a slightly above average player for us most of last year after a horrific start. That’s all I ever said.

Sure it does. It’s inherent within the statement. If you can’t see that, I don’t know what to tell you.
When you present flippant, patronizing responses, expect the same in return.

Sure it does. It’s inherent within the statement. If you can’t see that, I don’t know what to tell you.
When you present flippant, patronizing responses, expect the same in return.
Please. I’ve spent more time in this forum making deep, informational posts than I’d care to admit. Don’t try to pretend that I throw out opinions without supporting evidence.

It is most certainly not inherent. I just find it hard to take baseball arguments seriously when you relate execution to energy and enthusiasm. Does more enthusiasm keep Miller healthy? Stop Allen from falling off a cliff?

Reminds me of early in the season when people were criticizing Lindor for not smiling as much as he used to.

There are so many good tangible arguments to be made in baseball that the intangible ones just don’t hold much weight for me.

As of today, using Steamer projections, the Indians offense is projected a slash line of: .254/.334/.423

A .757 OPS would have been the 6th highest in the league last year, tied with the Rockies. A whopping 9 points lower than the Indians OPS last season. And keep in mind projections error on the low side as well.

The names may not be there like in previous years, but people are severely underrating the Indians lineup right now. Ramirez and Lindor is as good of a 1-2 bunch in baseball, which alone makes the Indians lineup better than league average.

And they aren't done this off season either, if some of the stuff being tossed around is legit...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."