• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Luka Doncic

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Ok...Luka Doncic, or your choice of 5 other players from the last two drafts. Who you got?

5 is just too much, you could build a whole team of Fox, Mitchell, Tatum, Kuzma, JJJ. But Id take him over any combination of two of these five, maybe even three.

I think he's the next long term face of the NBA though, and his early form and especially the needed popularity is there.

5 is just too much, you could build a whole team of Fox, Mitchell, Tatum, Kuzma, JJJ. But Id take him over any combination of two of these five, maybe even three.

I think he's the next long term face of the NBA though, and his early form and especially the needed popularity is there.

I think I agree...the Fox/JJJ combo in particular could be the best 2-way duo in the league in a couple years. I'd take Doncic over them straight up, barely, but add the other three guys and that tips the scales.

I think I agree...the Fox/JJJ combo in particular could be the best 2-way duo in the league in a couple years. I'd take Doncic over them straight up, barely, but add the other three guys and that tips the scales.

Yeah. Im still so baffled by the first three picks of last years draft. For as much (deserved) credit Sac's young core is getting now, imagine if they actually added JJJ to that mix. Or god forbid a Fox + Doncic combo, thats like a supercharged Dragic + Doncic.

No excuse for Phoenix and especially Atlanta though, just idiotic decisions.

Anyway, im really enjoying that Doncic ended up in Dallas. Love Nowitzki and its cool to see him passing along the mantle of the league's international superstar.

Anyway, im really enjoying that Doncic ended up in Dallas. Love Nowitzki and its cool to see him passing along the mantle of the league's international superstar.

To be honest, I think Nowitzki dropped that mantle like 7 years ago and it was picked up just recently by Giannis. As good as Doncic is right now, he's not better than the Greek Freak. Not yet anyway.

To be honest, I think Nowitzki dropped that mantle like 7 years ago and it was picked up just recently by Giannis. As good as Doncic is right now, he's not better than the Greek Freak. Not yet anyway.

Last season I pointed out that, assuming LeBron wins MVP, he might be the last American-born MVP we see for a very long time. Obviously Harden (hilariously) ended up MVP, but the point still stands.

Last season I pointed out that, assuming LeBron wins MVP, he might be the last American-born MVP we see for a very long time. Obviously Harden (hilariously) ended up MVP, but the point still stands.

Yeah, there are some truly great international players right now...

Giannis
Doncic
Embiid
Jokic
Porzingis
Simmons

Ah yes very true, i think i just got caught in the cinderella story of finally having a successor to Nowitzki in Dallas.

Loving Giannis as well, such a humble dude for what a ridiculous talent he is.

I like the outlook of the future hopeful contenders in Milwaukee, Dallas, Sacramento etc. Would be a nice change over the shitshow that is the Warriors. Fingers crossed the make it.

Yeah, there are some truly great international players right now...

Giannis
Doncic
Embiid
Jokic
Porzingis
Simmons

Top players under age 25 this season, by VORP:

CvGCP.png

Only Towns and (technically) Sabonis are American. Cameroon also has two players in Embiid and Siakam. The other six players are from six different countries.

Only Towns and (technically) Sabonis are American. Cameroon also has two players in Embiid and Siakam. The other six players are from six different countries.

* Lithuanian. Arvydas Sabonis was playing in the NBA (Portland) in 1996 when Sabonis Jr was born.

Edit: I guess that's what you meant by technically. My bad.

I remember loving Nurkic as a rookie and thinking he was having a good second year early in the year and I didn't realize I was admiring Jokic's box scores

Funny how American white dudes can't keep up with their international counterparts. You got Love and Hayward over the last 10-20 years but then internationally you have some real studs in Manu, Nash, Dirk, and now Jokic and Doncic. Makes sense as they're are just more people overseas and now the rest of league may also follow (Giannis, Simmons, Embiid)

I remember loving Nurkic as a rookie and thinking he was having a good second year early in the year and I didn't realize I was admiring Jokic's box scores

Funny how American white dudes can't keep up with their international counterparts. You got Love and Hayward over the last 10-20 years but then internationally you have some real studs in Manu, Nash, Dirk, and now Jokic and Doncic. Makes sense as they're are just more people overseas and now the rest of league may also follow (Giannis, Simmons, Embiid)

GIVE SOME RESPECT TO THIS AMERICAN LEGEND!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWewmINCXoY

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."