• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The original Metal Gear Solid is a game that desperately needs a modern remake. The GameCube version was solid, but even that one is pretty damn old.

I just outgrew MGS. That wacky crazy Japanese shit is just not my thing. Death Stranding is a game everyone is stoked for but we know nothing other than it is weird as fuck. Zero interest.

The original Metal Gear Solid is a game that desperately needs a modern remake. The GameCube version was solid, but even that one is pretty damn old.
Peace walker came in the collection, should I even bother with it? It's corny

Oh man. Is MGS2 only fixed camera? I can't handle that shit. It's why I never got into Resident Evil either...just realized they changed it with RE4 and beyond.

Looks like MGS3 isn't fixed, which is great.

@David. . @Jack Brickman . @Chris

As far as I can remember, MGS2 is almost exactly like MGS1. I will say that I never had any issues in Metal Gear Solid 2, which I think is because you an aim in first person, something the first game lacked. It makes steal much more functional because you can aim down the sights and take out guards with quick and silent headshots. Stealth could be pretty frustrating in the first game because you were at the mercy of the erratic aiming system.

I'd say it's just an incredibly polished, better-controlling version of the first game. It doesn't feel like the game's vision is held back by the shitty tech like the first game clearly was.

Oh man. Is MGS2 only fixed camera? I can't handle that shit. It's why I never got into Resident Evil either...just realized they changed it with RE4 and beyond.

Looks like MGS3 isn't fixed, which is great.

@David. . @Jack Brickman . @Chris

Yea. Mgs3 is the first that had a third person version (think it was top down originally, then Subsistence came out and they made it third person).

RE2 remake is third person, only reason I’m playing it. I hate the fixed camera of the OGs.

Yea. Mgs3 is the first that had a third person version (think it was top down originally, then Subsistence came out and they made it third person).

RE2 remake is third person, only reason I’m playing it. I hate the fixed camera of the OGs.

You are correct that the original MGS3 release was fixed camera. Subsistence and other future versions all had the third-person camera.

I really only found fixed camera to be an issue in the first game, though, as the others all had the ability to aim in first person, which is all you really need.

Anyone getting the new Metro?
I will end up getting it if they make it so you can have the x and y sensitivity be equal. In the previous 2 games the y sensitivity was half that of the x and you couldn't change it... That made the games unplayable for me.

Got my Steam Controller in the mail yesterday. Sadly, it's technically a Christmas present from the parents, so I have to hold off on actually using it for a month. Kind of sucks they had it shipped here since now I just have to stare at it constantly. :chuckle:
Do you still use the steam controller? In my opinion its the best gamepad out there. It just takes a lot of research into what it can do with it and then messing with it in the interface to find out what you like.

It's the closest thing you can get to a mouse and keyboard. Set track pad to use trackball emulation with low friction and you can do quick 180 spins with a thumb flick but keeping your thumb on the pad gives you solid precision. Then of course use the gyro for even greater precision.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."