• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018-2019 Season Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Another good win in a close game.

Up to .500 in Big Ten play.

That was a big one. Now, just have to avoid any bad losses to Illinois or Northwestern x2, and maybe knock off one of MSU, Iowa, Purdue, Maryland, or Wisconsin to feel pretty damn comfortable. That would put them .500 in conference and 20-12 overall to finish the season. That should be enough to not only get in but avoid a double digit seed and/or the First Four.

Welp. Firmly on the bubble now.

Kaleb Wesson is a lot of fun to watch down low when he's not fouling out of every damn game.

Probably our best big since Sullinger.

If we beat NW and 1 of Wisconsin/Purdue we’re in. If we only beat NW I still like our chances, but gotta do some work in the B1G tourney.

If we beat NW and 1 of Wisconsin/Purdue we’re in. If we only beat NW I still like our chances, but gotta do some work in the B1G tourney.
On ESPIN they said if the tournament were today OSU would be in.

On ESPIN they said if the tournament were today OSU would be in.
And I think we would be.

However, if we beat NW, but lose to Purdue, Wisconsin and the 1st B1G tourney game, it's dicey. That's 13 losses, 9-11 in conference, and potentially no wins over ranked teams (depending on how Iowa finishes). We might still make it, but if a couple bubble teams get hot or a couple conference tourneys have bid stealers, we could be out.

Beat Wisconsin or Purdue (along with NW) gets us .500 in B1G, caps us at 12 losses and gives us 2 wins over tourney teams in the last few weeks. Then we're in.

And I think we would be.

However, if we beat NW, but lose to Purdue, Wisconsin and the 1st B1G tourney game, it's dicey. That's 13 losses, 9-11 in conference, and potentially no wins over ranked teams (depending on how Iowa finishes). We might still make it, but if a couple bubble teams get hot or a couple conference tourneys have bid stealers, we could be out.

Beat Wisconsin or Purdue (along with NW) gets us .500 in B1G, caps us at 12 losses and gives us 2 wins over tourney teams in the last few weeks. Then we're in.

I think 9-11 in Big Ten this year gets you guys in. At one time they said 10 teams from the Big 10 were going to make it, if OSU doesn't make it, that means they are only taking 6? No way, both OSU and Minny will make it too as I see them settling on 8.

Even if you only beat NW and lose to Wisc and my Boilers.

Also if I had to guess, you will loose by double digits at Mackey, but win by against Wisky at home.

And not to be rude, but without Wesson, you are getting destroyed by my Boilers in Mackey. Honestly I don't see you winning that with him, toughest place to play in the conference this year, so if it ends up being a one game suspension, best time for the suspension.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."