• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 NFL offseason thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

col63onel

Brad Daugherty Fan Club
Reaction score
I figured there's enough happening outside the Browns to warrant a thread of it's own.

Big happenings in the AFCN today:

Joe Flacco traded to Denver. Schefter saying it's a "middle round pick". - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...co-to-broncos-shaking-up-offseason-qb-market/

Antonio Brown thanking Steelers fans for 9 years. There seemed to be some rumblings that he might actually be back, but I guess this confirms he will be traded. I'd be shocked if he got traded anywhere in the AFC.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...s-desire-to-leave-pittsburgh-time-to-move-on/

Flacco is the latest in a long line of "One and Done" Super Bowl winning quarterbacks who had one great playoff run and that was it - they were mediocre quarterbacks afterwards. See Doug Williams and Mark Rypien for starters. Big Dick Nick might join this club.

Flacco is fine...

His team was pretty incredible though. From 2000 until 2012?
-2 Super Bowls
-4 Division titles
-4 Conference championship game appearances
-9 Playoff appearances
-Ray Lewis (2000), Ed Reed (2004) and Terrell Suggs (2011) all won DPOY

Tony Banks/Trent Dilfer were there QB's during the 2000 title run
Elvis Grbac (Cleveland St. Joes) was there QB during their 01 playoff run
Kyle Boller QB'd them in 2003 and he was pretty much a meme. IIRC? His...lack of success was a reason why Aaron Rodgers dropped like a rock in some ways.
Steve McNair (RIP...loved that dude) got them to 13-3 in 05 where they lost to the eventual Super Bowl Champions

So...an organization that had the most insane front office outside of division rivals Pittsburgh or New England? Happened to find a QB that I feel is better than those listed (sans McNair).

I don't know how much longer the guy has in terms of a career though.

Franchise is only removed 3 years from a Super Bowl. They have Von Miller, Bradley Chubb to anchor a decent defense. Just depends on how things go I guess.

I just don't understand why you'd trade for Flacco when you've got Keenum. They're basically both bottom ten QBs, and I'd definitely rather have Keenum at this point in their careers.

I just don't understand why you'd trade for Flacco when you've got Keenum. They're basically both bottom ten QBs, and I'd definitely rather have Keenum at this point in their careers.

John Elway sucks at evaluating QBs.

I don't hate the Flacco trade as much as others.

He has no guaranteed money. Once they cut Keenum they'll have ~30mil in cap space, with other opportunities to get more. A 4th round pick for a bridge QB isn't totally unreasonable.

I don't think it moves the needle much, but I don't think it's a bad move, either.

Per Ian Rapoport - sounds like Dee Ford, Clowney, Demarcus Lawrence and Frank Clark will all be getting franchised tagged

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luAIn43kEXc

Only Browns game to make it was week 17 vs Ravens, which was #19

I think outside of the
-2005 "Merry christmas assholes" Steelers game
-2015 Kick Six Ravens game
-2016 "Corey Coleman Drop" Steeler game.
My most hated game I've ever watched with the Browns and that really takes some doing.

It's not that anyone on our team did bad, but the situation was miserable. I didn't exactly like having to play the tie-breaker for my two most hated teams in sports.

The Jets, Broncos games are far better as rewatches for the Browns that season personally.

I don't hate the Flacco trade as much as others.

He has no guaranteed money. Once they cut Keenum they'll have ~30mil in cap space, with other opportunities to get more. A 4th round pick for a bridge QB isn't totally unreasonable.

I don't think it moves the needle much, but I don't think it's a bad move, either.

He was going to be released anyways. I don't get why you'd not just wait it out.

6 of the last 7 years, the Ravens have failed to make the playoffs. And that's with always having a top-10 defense.

That should speak volumes how Joe just really hasn't been that good.

I just don't see why you'd give up anything for him TBH.

But hey, if the Broncos want to keep pissing in the wind.

Personally, I'd have rather gone after Foles.

Whom is younger and better.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-12: "Max Strus Juice"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."