• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

WWE/NXT/AEW/NJPW Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Sounds like AEW is not only going to get Kenny Omega, but Pentagon and Fenix as well. That's huge for them. Pentagon and Fenix are the two best Mexican wrestlers in the world right now (shout out to Almas as well, even if he'll be wasted on the WWE main roster) and are both wildly over everywhere they go.

Yes, Almas being wasted while wrestling future HOFer and former WWE champion Rey Mysterio Jr. I will say, Pentagon and Fenix is pretty big, although it seems more and more that this will likely only be another Indy promotion.

I know they have deep pockets, but there is no way Pentagon and Fenix are going exclusive to AEW. That would be madness unless they have global tv set up.

Halftime Heat was incredible. I suggest everyone go watch it now.

I really wanna see Ciampa do a God of War themed entrance at some point. He looks just fucking like Kratos.

Also, there was a moment in the match where a fan yelled "Adam you suck" and he yelled back "shut up" that made me laugh. Wish WWE would let wrestlers interact with the crowd more. I think it can really add to the experience.

Last edited:
Omega officially announced for AEW last night.

Some anticipated matches for their 5/25 show:

Omega vs Jericho

PAC vs Page

Young Bucks vs Pentagon Jr and Fenix

Anyone going to the in-house show in Canton Monday?

Omega officially announced for AEW last night.

Some anticipated matches for their 5/25 show:

Omega vs Jericho

PAC vs Page

Young Bucks vs Pentagon Jr and Fenix

Such a waste to use Omega on that roster.

He's going to waste he's best years of both a draw and an athlete on a roster that he's clearly much bigger and better than. He can only fight Jericho so many times before it gets massively boring. I don't have any need to see that match.

I'm already seeing quotes from Cody Rhodes about trying to take down Vince. Maybe put together a quality TV run before we even talk about the whole AEW vs WWE thing. Right now, he's going to bingo halls to recruit guys and still thinks he's hot shit.

I don't like the vibe from AEW. The have some amazing workers *Pentagon JR, Joey Janella, PAC, Omega* but they need draws and they need to be smart about this. I'm already getting Hogan TNA vibes from this company.

Such a waste to use Omega on that roster.

He's going to waste he's best years of both a draw and an athlete on a roster that he's clearly much bigger and better than. He can only fight Jericho so many times before it gets massively boring. I don't have any need to see that match.

I'm already seeing quotes from Cody Rhodes about trying to take down Vince. Maybe put together a quality TV run before we even talk about the whole AEW vs WWE thing. Right now, he's going to bingo halls to recruit guys and still thinks he's hot shit.

I don't like the vibe from AEW. The have some amazing workers *Pentagon JR, Joey Janella, PAC, Omega* but they need draws and they need to be smart about this. I'm already getting Hogan TNA vibes from this company.

To be fair this is only the second time the two have faced off. It’s the right call to start off AEW with a highly anticipated grudge match between its two most recognizable stars.

Who knows where they go from there? They are still in their infancy, it’s tough to tell what they’ll do. I like the guys they have on the roster. Let’s see what they add to it. They need to strike gold on some younger Indy talent to really make this something special, but I like what they have, and I’ll be tuning in.

I imagine in six months they'll have a bit more variety to the roster. Surely there are some WWE guys waiting for their contracts to run out so they can sign there, and that will go a long way toward mixing things up in AEW and providing more match-ups.

This thing has only been around for a month. It's gonna take time for them to flesh out their roster, because a lot of guys are under contracts that prevent them from signing elsewhere.

As for match-up quality, once guys go to WWE, that goes out the window anyway. When's the last time AJ Styles put on anything other than a passable match? He's been in tons of supposed dream matches and the only opponents he's put on great matches with are Reigns, Cena, Lesnar, and Owens once on Raw (their PPV matches were all disappointing, though). As long as Vince is booking some guys to clearly be secondary to others, Omega would likely be another guy to go there, start off hot, then settle into mailing it in like Styles, Owens, and most of the main roster do.

I went to the house show in Canton tonight. Great experience and I would recommend going to one. The wrestlers interact with the fans more.

Kofi untied my friends shoe tonight lol.

That women's elimination chamber was fantastic, now time for rest of the show to disappoint

Wasn't expecting this many title changes tonight.

It's Kofi's time, don't fuck this up Vince

Edit: :/

Last edited:
Still a non-zero chance the leukemia coming back was a work to get him over, right?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."