• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mark Price - Smooth

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Mark Price was 20 years ahead of his time. Its crazy to say that aloud, but he basically created a guard type that Nash, Arenas & Curry took major parts from. I have no doubt in my mind he would dominate in today's league and be much better protected.

It's too bad I couldn't watch those teams in person, but I can only imagine how fun it was to have an all-star at center (Daugherty), power forward (Nance Sr), and even point guard (Price). That trio probably would've thrived in today's game, with Price being so similar to Nash (Daugherty was a part of the same generation of centers drafted in the late 80s while Nance was a great defender AND well-rounded offensively).

They lacked durability (a very short prime), but what if they were healthy? What if they could last until 36 years of age (the most common age for an NBA player's drop off)? What would the 1993-94 season look like having the 3 stars still healthy and still at a high level? And with an influx of talent (Hill, Phills, and Mills) to help fortify whatever we had left (Hot Rod, Wilkins, and Brandon)?

Feels like the Cavs have a fuck-load of what-ifs that plague the team:
  1. 1976 - If Chones didn't injure his knee
  2. 1989 - If Price didn't get elbowed in the head or if Jordan didn't hit the shot
  3. 1990 - If Ron Harper wasn't traded away
  4. 1994 - If Daugherty didn't injure his back or Nance injuring himself
  5. 1995 - If Price didn't fall off
  6. 1998 - If Shawn Kemp didn't stop taking care of his body
  7. 2000 - If Zydrunas didn't continually break his feet
  8. 2005 - If Boozer didn't leave; if we could get Ray Allen or Michael Redd to sign with us
  9. 2008 - If Paul Pierce didn't have a brilliant game 7
  10. 2009 - If Dwight Howard didn't hit his free throws, if Rashard Lewis or Rafer Alston didn't play out of their minds
  11. 2012 - If the Cavs didn't win the coin flip to the Pelicans for the Lottery tie breaker (to get Anthony Davis)
  12. 2015 - If Kevin Love didn't get his shoulder pulled out of his socket by Kelly; if Kyrie Irving didn't get forced to sit out of the rest of the NBA Finals to reoccurring injuries...
  13. 2017 - If Irving didn't force his way off the team
  14. 2018 - If Crowder, Isaiah Thomas, Wade, etc weren't acting like a bunch of p*ssies?
At least we got one championship???

The one flaw in the Dream Team was no outside shooting. They didn't need it due to their overwhelming athleticism.

One of the members of the Dream Team (forgot who) mentioned that Mark Price should have been on the team to be that shooter.

(Larry Bird would have fit the bill but he was hurting badly at that time).

Single-handedly the reason that I grew up loving the the Cavs, and really all Cleveland sports. I was only a kid the first time I saw him play, but was really starting to get into the game at that time. The majority of my childhood was spent in the driveway pretending to be him.

I’ve watched that video 100 times.

The one flaw in the Dream Team was no outside shooting. They didn't need it due to their overwhelming athleticism.

One of the members of the Dream Team (forgot who) mentioned that Mark Price should have been on the team to be that shooter.

(Larry Bird would have fit the bill but he was hurting badly at that time).

He was on the second Dream Team (94), so it worked out, I guess? Well, none of those guys were on the original team, so whatever...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."