• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 NFL Draft: Day 3 Discussion

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Wanted DBs and LBs in the draft. So I'm happy even if I don't know anyone but Greedy. Would love some OL depth in the fifth. But also good with more defense.

It seems pretty obvious the Browns have drafted for Need > BPA thus far. Our 3 biggest needs were CB, LB, and S heading into the draft and that's what we end up with.

I know they will say otherwise. But every GM will say they draft the BPA every time, but this obviously isn't the case. It would just sound bad to admit it and say "Yes there were other players that were better, but we took Player X because we have a bigger need there." It's just one of those scripted answers every GM uses in every sport.

I am not complaining about it, because I think Need should be factored in heavily when you only have a few big needs with the rest of your roster being set. Why draft a WR or OG this year early on when we are clearly set there even if they might be BPA? Later on in the draft... sure.

Now if this was 2+ years ago, you just take the BPA because we had needs at every single position, but luckily for us that isn't the case anymore.

I do.

Four safeties isn't out of the ordinary. Wilks likes to play 3 safeties on the field at a time, and Redwine can probably play some corner.

I think that is specifically why we probably liked him. If you carry a 4th safety, that can also fill in at nickel or on the outside (if there are injuries), that’s nice roster versatility too.

Steve Wilks probably said, hey is that Tre Boston?

Lets draft him.

Do we expect to carry Burnett, Murray and Redwine?

Considering Burnett and Murray are strong safeties and Redwine is a free safety, yes.

He is a backup for Randall and possible replacement if we cant come to an agreement.

Not saying I know a ton, but he played corner like Randall and has a ton of speed, like a ton for a safety.

All these Miami defensive players on the board are making me nervous.

Considering Burnett and Murray are strong safeties and Redwine is a free safety, yes.

He is a backup for Randall and possible replacement if we cant come to an agreement.

Not saying I know a ton, but he played corner like Randall and has a ton of speed, like a ton for a safety.

In Miami's scheme, they really don't have a lot of designation between free and strong safety. Redwine and Johnson played the Tampa Cover Two with equal coverage responsibility. Because he is well built at 210 pounds, I see him as versatile for a number of defensive back roles.

Reactions: Lee
Red red wine, you make me feel so fine
You keep me rockin' all of the time
Red red wine, you make me feel so grand
I feel a million dollar when you're just in my hand
Red red wine, you make me feel so sad
Any time I see you go, it make me feel bad
Red red wine, you make me feel so fine
Monkey back and ease up on the sweet deadline

:party smiley 004:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"