• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

North Korea readies missile, makes new threat.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maximus

BANNED
Reaction score
Well, this is getting interesting to say the least. North Korea says it's launching a sattelite....US says intelligence suggests it's a test of a long range weapon....North Korea says if anyone shoots it down it's an act of war....US says if it's a weapon test we will shoot it down. It will be interesting to see who will blink first.

North Korea readies missile, makes new threat
capt.photo_1237863071952-1-0.jpg

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea said on Thursday that if the international community punishes it for next month's planned missile launch it will restart a nuclear plant that makes weapons grade plutonium.

The secretive state this week put a long-range missile in place for a launch the United States warned would violate U.N. sanctions imposed on Pyongyang for past weapons tests.

The planned launch, seen by some countries as a disguised military exercise, is the first big test for U.S. President Barack Obama in dealing with the prickly North, whose efforts to build a nuclear arsenal have long plagued ties with Washington.

North Korea warned that any action by the U.N. Security Council to punish it would be a "hostile act."

Clinton: NKorea plan to fire missile 'provocative'

Mar 26, 12:19 AM (ET)

MEXICO CITY (AP) - Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on Wednesday warned North Korea that firing a missile for any purpose would be a "provocative act" that would have consequences.

North Korea is loading a rocket on a launch pad in anticipation of the launch of a communications satellite between April 4 and 8, U.S. counterproliferation and intelligence officials said. North Korea announced its intention to launch the satellite in February, but regional powers worry the claim is a cover for the launch of a long-range missile capable of reaching Alaska.

US deploys warships as North Korea prepares to launch missile

The US has deployed two warships with anti-missile capabilities in the waters off Japan as tensions mount over North Korea's plans to test-fire a long-range ballistic missile capable of striking Alaska.

By Peter Foster in Beijing
Last Updated: 1:16PM GMT 26 Mar 2009

The deployment comes as America, Japan and South Korea threaten North Korea with 'serious consequences' if it proceeds with plans to conduct the missile test in defiance of a 2006 UN resolution.

North Korea, which has informed international agencies of its plan to fire the missile between April 4 and 8, says the launch is a "satellite test" which it is entitled to make under international law.

Recent satellite imagery has shown that the North Korea has now assembled two stages of the three-stage Taepodong-2 missile on a launch pad in the country's northeast. Experts estimate that missile could be ready to fire within four days.

Japan has threatened to shoot down the missile if it crosses over Japanese territory, a move which Pyongyang has already said it would consider an "act of war".

Hillary Clinton, the US Secretary of State, has warned any launch would threaten to end the six-party talks over Pyongyang's nuclear weapons programme. The talks have been stalled since December in a dispute over how to verify its disarmament.

Kim jong il has to be the most paranoid ****er known to man. This guy is something else.

Well, good, its not like the Obama presidency had anything else to deal with in its infancy. I thought we should have invaded N Korea instead of Iraq under Bush. They seemed like a bigger threat, and in the end they might proove to be. These are tough times for anyone to be president quite honestly, hopefully we dont have to fight another war on another front over this.

Fighting a war with N. Korea would be like LBJ playing one on one with my girlfriend.

Fighting a war with N. Korea would be like LBJ playing one on one with my girlfriend.

Thats what they all said about Iraq, dont kid yourself, this war would be no fun either.

If i die before i bang an Asian girl then i am going to have a little talk with the man upstairs........

Thats what they all said about Iraq, dont kid yourself, this war would be no fun either.

I don't recall anyone suggesting Iraq was a walk in the park. At least everyone outside of numbnuts administration. Iraq and NKorea are 2 completely different countries (in every sense of the word different). I certainly don't want to go to war with any nation, especially over Kim jong il's paranoia. He's a little guy stuck in the 1800's who has a Napoleon complex

If i die before i bang an Asian girl then i am going to have a little talk with the man upstairs........

A little overrated if you ask me, but they certainly put out. To quote a movie, "they love the d**k". LOVE IT!"

If you go to war with North Korea, you may also be signing up for a war against China; this war would be pretty significant.

If you go to war with North Korea, you may also be signing up for a war against China; this war would be pretty significant.

That's really the biggest thing.

Unless China says **** North Korea and leaves them out there to die.

The only reason North Korea acts like the Big Dick in the Far East is because they have the real Big Dick of the Far East on their side in China. If China doesn't back them then Korea is going to be in a hell of a lot of trouble.

Except your girlfriend would have an ice pick, a vile of acid, and some throwing stars. She'd also be wearing full battle armor and possess a will to play until she wins or is dead. She wouldn't beat Lebron or kill him, but she could inflict some serious longterm damage and it would be a long fight.
Oh yeah, both lebron and your girlfriend would have nuclear weapons at their disposal if it got really personal.

Except your girlfriend would have an ice pick, a vile of acid, and some throwing stars. She'd also be wearing full battle armor and possess a will to play until she wins or is dead. She wouldn't beat Lebron or kill him, but she could inflict some serious longterm damage and it would be a long fight.
Oh yeah, both lebron and your girlfriend would have nuclear weapons at their disposal if it got really personal.

Haha that made me laugh pretty hard.

But their nuclear weapons won't even come close to hitting us. Also, I know a girl who is a clandestine agent. I spoke with her the first time Kim decided to flex his muscle. She basically said NKorea is a joke. She hinted that they China really has no allegiance to NKorea and wouldn't be in their best interest to side with them. Russia on the other hand...

Haha that made me laugh pretty hard.

But their nuclear weapons won't even come close to hitting us. Also, I know a girl who is a clandestine agent. I spoke with her the first time Kim decided to flex his muscle. She basically said NKorea is a joke. She hinted that they China really has no allegiance to NKorea and wouldn't be in their best interest to side with them. Russia on the other hand...

Russia is a bigger joke than Korea.

If Russia tries to defend Korea, they might as well give up. They cannot even destroy their own military, how can they expect to defeat another, competent army.

I think your friend is either not who she says she is, or should be fired from whomever she works for. Don't those people have to keep secrets?

I think your friend is either not who she says she is, or should be fired from whomever she works for. Don't those people have to keep secrets?

It wasn't classified information. Just basically said they don't pose a real threat.

Russia is a bigger joke than Korea.

If Russia tries to defend Korea, they might as well give up. They cannot even destroy their own military, how can they expect to defeat another, competent army.

I was talking about Russia and China joining, not Russia siding with NKorea, something they would never do.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."