• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

if we can sign that LITHU pg- DO we still get in this draft ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PIP

1997-98 Armco Heating & Cooling Hornet
RCF Honored Elder
Reaction score
i forgot his name, but if we do sign that LITUANIAN PG, where do we turn our attention in terms of getting into the draft ? considering that was the main reason for getting into the draft......... or do we even need to get into it if he's in the fold?

what's his contract status ?

Last edited:
Sarunas Jasikevicius is the man you are talking about. There are some issues concerning him. His agent is demanding 10 million over three years which is a risk. He is also demanding large minutes. His defense is a concern as he is extremely slow for a guard. However he is fundamentally very strong in most areas. His passing game is solid, and his outside jumper is outstanding.

Yes.

If Im not mistaken this guy is getting close to 30 years old. He isnt that young guy he used to be.

His contract desires are too much for my likings. I heard that the guy can hoop, but he would still be considered a rookie, and why pay that much to a rookie???

From Hoops Hype. follow the link in the story.. http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

"Basketball / Jasikevicius gunning for $10 million NBAcontract

By Yoav Borowitz

Any team wanting to sign Maccabi Tel Aviv's Lithuanian point guard Sarunas Jasikevicius will have to pay big time, the player's agent said yesterday. "We are going to ask for $10 million for a three-year contract. Sarunas is in his prime and now is the perfect time to sign him," Jasikevicius' American agent Doug Neustadt said yesterday.

Approximately 10 NBA teams are said to be interested in retaining Jasikevicius' services, and Neustadt will start the negotiations on July 1. The Indiana Pacers, Boston Celtics and Portland Trail Blazers are among the teams reportedly in the hunt for the Maccabi player.

"Money is an important factor for Sarunas, but there are other factors as well, such as the quality of the team, the amount of court time he will get and the coach," Neustadt said. "Teams don't usually promise players how many minutes they will play, but obviously big money goes hand in hand with court time."

Does not mention Cleveland. It appears a number of teams are in point guard hunt mode, which is interesting due to the abundance of young points coming out this year. However I don't think we pay a premium for PG, as we have already been there done that.

I agree though that this guy might be a fit but the money is high to find out if he can play with lebron. He is a shooter (but streaky) and can dish the ball.

He is 29, 6'4" , 190, played ball at UMaryland.

well in my oppinion i think it would be to risky especially for the money, I would probably pass on it and get a equal point guard in the draft if we get in, for less money and of less age...

I don't think Sarunas is what we're looking for. We already have an aging PG with a sizeable contract in Snow, why create that jumble again at the 1 that we had with McInnis? If he's coming out to the press and demanding a specific contract, I'm sure that he has a pretty big head.

i think im the only one here, that wants to see Carlos Arroyo on our team this year....

Cleveland_Sheed said:
i think im the only one here, that wants to see Carlos Arroyo on our team this year....

carlos has attitude problems. he didn't get along with the coach in toronto when he was there, and he was in JERRY SLOAN'S dog house quickly after his great olympic performance... i want nothing to do with him.

yea, but he's 26 hes fairly young still, has some real good talent, i would love to see him here.... he can score when he wants to but passes a lot... hes really unselfish..

the main reason i was asking was because he was in his prime.

i believe he's 6-4,6-5 somewhere in that area.

our perimeter line up would be huge and hard to matchup with

6-4 pg (sarunas)
6-6, 6-7 sg (joe, mike, or ray hopefully)
6-8 sf :king:

the main reason i was asking was because he was in his prime.

i believe he's 6-4,6-5 somewhere in that area.

our perimeter line up would be huge and hard to matchup with

6-4 pg (sarunas)
6-6, 6-7 sg (joe, mike, or ray hopefully)
6-8 sf

True.
But we could already have an even more threatening lineup:

PG: LeBron @ 6'8
SG: FA (6'6, 6'7)
SF: Luke Jackson @ 6'8

And besides, the last 6'4 PG we had didn't really intimidate. His name was Jeff McInnis

lyXo said:
True.
But we could already have an even more threatening lineup:

PG: LeBron @ 6'8
SG: FA (6'6, 6'7)
SF: Luke Jackson @ 6'8

And besides, the last 6'4 PG we had didn't really intimidate. His name was Jeff McInnis

i'm 6-4 and j-mac was noWHERE near my height..

if J-MAC is 6-4, lebron's 6-11

I dont think 10mil over 3 years is that much for Saru. Its only about 3mil a year. He's widely considered the best player in Europe. The main knocks against him are his athleticism and age. But I think his other skills more than make up for those weaknesses. From what I've seen and read about him he is a deadly shooter and his best quality is his passing ability. He sounds like a poor man's Nash to me. And he plays with as much heart as anyone in the NBA. I would take the chance on him.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."