• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

New to RCF? Read Me!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Man Called X

Resident asshole
Reaction score
Hi, I'm X, and you can call me X.

I'm the resident asshole, grammar police, and overall lovable character here at RCF. Let me take this time to welcome you to greatest source of Cavalier-related knowledge on the internet.

The off-season is a very hectic time for all NBA fans, and can be an extremely busy time for us here at RCF as well. There have been a lot of new guys show up and just start posting wildly without any consideration for anyone else on this forum.

I'm almost certain that very few have ever read our Posting Etiquette thread. Here's a convenient link http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?t=12911

That's the nice way of telling you how we would like for everyone to conduct themselves during their stay here at RCF.

Now my not so nice way of putting it.

RULE #1: LURK BEFORE POSTING: I can't stress this enough. This forum was created for quality conversations about the Cavaliers and other topics. If you have a thread, use the appropriate section. If it's Cavs related - Cavs Talk. If it's another teams deals (signings, trades, etc) then it belongs in Around the NBA. Off topic, well I think that's pretty obvious.

Take some time to read around these forums. Get a feel for how things work around here. Don't just dive headfirst into the deep end. There are sharks here, and I don't want to have to spend a couple hours a day ridiculing your posts. No one else wants to do it either. So let's not make me have to do so.

Before you post: Before posting, please ask yourself the following question: "Am I making a post which is either funny, informative, or interesting on any level?"

If you can answer "yes" to this, then please post. If you cannot, then refrain from posting.

Before you reply: Before replying, please ask yourself the following question: "Does my reply offer any significant advice or help contribute to the conversation in any fashion?"

If you can answer "yes" to this, then please reply. If you cannot, then refrain from replying.​

That's pretty simple right?

RULE #2: Low Content Posts: We have over 6000 members on this forum now. If everyone posted every inane thought in their head, this place becomes a cluttered mess, and not worth visiting. Keep the 1 line (Hi I'm new, I'm wasted, Random Smiley) posts to a minimum. There's a time and a place for them, but for the most part, that place isn't here.

It's funny how Rule 1 and Rule 2 are so very similar. Are you noticing a trend? This is important stuff here people.

RULE #3: Multiple threads on the same topic: This forum has a search function. It works. Use it. You have an interesting article you want to post? Make sure someone hasn't already posted it. Today alone we had 4 separate threads created about McDyess going to the Spurs, yet only one of them was in the appropriate forum. Read people. That's why this forum is here. READ. If you can't take the extra minute to make sure something hasn't been posted, you won't last long here. I will mock and ridicule you mercilessly until you stop posting crap.

RULE #4 DON'T BE AN ASS: I know what you're saying, "But X, you're an ass. And I see other people being asses around here, why can't I?" Good natured ribbing is acceptable. Malicious flaming and personal attacks will not be tolerated. If you have an issue with a member, please take your fighting to private messaging. Do not clutter up our forum with petty bickering.

If you can't reach a compromise, there is an ignore feature on this forum. Ignore those posters you can't seem to get along with. If you feel you've been harassed, please PM a moderator. Those are the guys with the pretty blue names. Don't PM me about it. I'm not a mod, and I won't do a thing to help you. I will only further ridicule you.

There we go, my simple rules to make your stay at RCF as pleasant as possible. Choose not to follow them, and consequences will occur. What they may be, I do not know. I don't have the power to punish you. I do however have the power to make your posts my new flavor of the month for mocking.

It's pretty simple. LURK, READ, ADD. If you can't do those 3 things, you probably don't belong here.

Last edited:
Re: New to RCF, Read Me!

Rule 5: Post in the appropriate section. This is Cavs Talk, I suggest this be moved to OFF TOPIC.
Thanks.

But I do agree with you.

Rule 5: Post in the appropriate section. This is Cavs Talk, I suggest this be moved to OFF TOPIC.
Thanks.

Don't argue with me. There's your Rule #5. It's clear people aren't reading the appropriate threads in the correct forums anyway. It seems the newer members rarely venture out of Cavs Talk at first. This gives them some heads up.

Hi, im bigtyme. Did anyone hear about Mcdyess to the Spurs? :tongue:

chill, chill. Just saying, it's annoying when people post stuff like "Mcdyess to the Spurs" in Cavs talk. This is no (mid-level :chuckles:) exception

Also, please make some attempt to proofread your posts. This place is all about quality, so put forth some effort to make your post readable. Also, without becoming the grammar police, please form your thoughts in a coherent manner.

Posts reading something along the lines of the following make me want to pound my head onto my keyboard.

"Dwite Howard is da shit. We shud trade 4 him. We'd be gettin dat ring fo sho!"

mr grammar man, shouldnt the title read "new to RCF? read me!" because the way i read it i thought you were a new member, wanting people to read your thread

mr grammar man, shouldnt the title read "new to RCF? read me!" because the way i read it i thought you were a new member, wanting people to read your thread

Yeah yeah, I leave that up to a mod to fix the title then :p

Hi mr x yu can cal me chardin. Im sort a nuw herrr but i was just informd that we mit du a sin and trad with L.A for kobe lol.

But really, good post!

Should we tell them about the rep whores too?

Whoops I guess I broke one of the rules :chuckles: Seriously though if people don't agree with what you say about a certain topic just ignore them (everyone's entitled to their own opinion just respect it no matter how stupid it is) so we don't have 23 page threads about why we should get Allen Iverson...not to point any fingers or anything :chuckles:

Don't let XSabre fool you, he's just an enormous prick with scores to settle. Get use to it. :thumbup:

Doing a little backseat moderating, eh?
;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CX360RCFSig1.png

Those are things I already know but I guess it wouldnt hurt to read it again.

i'll mak suree to folow the rulez

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."