• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Help: Ohio drivers license maneuverability test

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
1. Find an abandoned parking lot at dusk
2. Set up cones in a parking space - one for each "corner", then one halfway inbetween the top of the adjoining space. There are diagrams out there to help you with this and will have more exact dimensions and the directions for the test.
3. Practice, practice, practice.
4. ???
5. Profit!
6. Pass with flying colors.

Oh, and when you pull into the DMV, fly into the parking lot, pull off a screeching turning skid in front of the instructor, and pop out of the car saying "Let's do this!"

Just drive a big car... passed it in '92 using my parents' Aerostar - and I even hit a cone or two. I remember the tester saying something like, "it's a big car so you're fine." :chuckles:

btw, chicks loved this thing:

1997_Ford_Aerostar.jpg

Have her buy one of these
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tifID-BhClc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tifID-BhClc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Is this friend you WUJU? :chuckles:

Just practice, like others said and get some cones to practice.

This is about 10 years ago but I remember at the driving schools they gave you tips on it.

People thought going one way was easier then another.

If i recall it's like, pull to the right have the rear bumper(left side of it) in line with the top cone. (starting point)

slight half turn to the left until the top cone reaches the driver's door.

then keep turning slightly left until it reaches front bumper, slowly keep turning left until you reach past it then half right turn to straighten it out slowly

Just have her do it SLOWLY and pay attention the cones. It can't be that hard.

Look on the bright side, she doesn't need to get her license to give you road head.

Thanks everyone for the varitety of input. I think the practice consistently is the best bet. I also searched the web for different points of view. And, practice is by far the best. No matter how frustrating it can be trying to teach. Mods feel fry to lock this thread.

I borrowed my grandmas Cavalier and it was ez mode. Most driving schools will allow you to borrow their cars for a fee if you can't find a family member with a small car.

I practiced a million times and never knocked over a cone, just tell her to try to go the same exact speed, keep everything the same. Once she hits it once she'll know about how far to go forward and vice versa. Too close to a cone? Turn the wheel the opposite way of the cone.

I remember REALLY sweatin this damn test and when the time came to do it, I just fuckin did it. Like, perfectly, nailed it. I felt like I blacked out during it and got possessed by the devil and he just made me do it because I was never good at it while practicing it but when the time came, I rose to the occasion.

Thus, I don't have any tips to offer.

I rented this small POS car to take my test. Going into the test I was afraid they were going to make me go left and right but they only made me go one way and then it was on the road. Just practice a lot and don't be afraid to fuck up.

I'm 16 and about to get my Ohio driver's license.

So far, getting a little practice has made it very easy and it's just a matter of how much I turn the wheel (about a half turn for each "maneuver"). The best tip is to make sure she is adjusting her mirrors down so she can see the bottom of the cones. That way it's easy to tell if you'll hit one and you can adjust your steering based on that.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."