• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Is Z taking too many sleeping pills?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pioneer10

Come home Sideshow Bob
Reaction score
Everyone in the season tends to believe the Cavs underutilize the big man but man Z has sucked balls this series. I don't think you can blame the other Cavs for Z's ineptitude this series. They make an effort every quarter when he's in to get him the ball. The problem is he's not making any decisive decisions and he's getting pushed way off the block. Or is it the Wizards style of play isn't conducive for Z? Small ball taking him out of his comfort zone both on O and D?

We need this guy to step in Washington so we can finish the Wizards off

he has been a huge disapointment in this series

I hope he can turn it around and start playing better..

Don't act as if you were not warned.... :chuckles: I was waving 'the Z is not going to a damn thing flag' for us in this series before it started...

We made our run when he found his little comfortable seat on the bench and i'm not shocked at all...

Drew almost lost this for us, he allowed 5 easy points at the end of regulation... His softness on the and-1's on Butler killed us.. And his defense was pathetic...

we need a shot blocking presence so badly it is disgusting

and his 11.5 mil a year ....ehhh i dont know about that

Now now guys.... Z hasn't played good ball in about 45 days... But i'm sure it's nothing... He should have a great game in game 6...

Z isn't doing the things offensively we expect to see this series. Basically, Haywood is just big enough to give him problems and he doesn't do well facing the doubles with their quick guards. So far, hes been alright for a few plays here and there, but this hasn't really been the down tempo half court game where Z would do well.

Defensively, Z is good on the set defenses. Hes been a pretty good post presence and causes some problems around the rim. Problem is, half the time the defense is in transition or semi-transition mode, and Z isn't worth much here. If hes even back, hes probably hopelessly out of position. He will be needed though much more in later series

It seems Drew has outplayed Z by a wide margin this series.

No disrespect to Gooden, he's been huge, but that's not a good sign for Z...

Some of the things uttered in this post sound awfully familiar.

I kind of remember a certain poster taking heat from the majority of this board for even mentioning some of the things being said in this thread!

I wish I was wrong and Z played like a juggernaut and this series was over but to me it was very obvious Ilgauskas isnt the kind of center who will take any team to a chamionship.

Z or Gooden has to go and I hope its Z because he is to slow and to weak for playoff style basketball.

That along with Gooden being younger and more athletic is why Id rather keep Gooden instead(of course the amount of money needed to keep Gooden should also be taken into account).

One of the 2 spots has to be manned by a defensive presence and I also prefer that be the center.

There is one more victory needed for Z to show some value in this series but if he thinks posting Haywood and Ruffin is tough in the playoffs just wait to match up with the Wallaces!

The Disector said:
There is one more victory needed for Z to show some value in this series but if he thinks posting Haywood and Ruffin is tough in the playoffs just wait to match up with the Wallaces!
yes...too bad they don't have Mehmet Okur anymore...he was always good against that stiff... :chuckles:

I think that Z has a bigger chance of being effective vs the Pistons. And I definately agree we need to get a shotblocking type PF this offseason, hopefully one becomes available.

Tall, finesse post players like Z don't perform well against smaller, more physical centers. The way they play bigger centers is taking out their hips, and preventing the big guy from getting the ball. Yao faces the same travesty. For Z to be effective in this series, he needs to use his outside shot more to bring out the opposition. It's good that he's not our #1 option so he can just stand there.

Once we get to the centers that use their size to defend, Z will be extremely valuable. His slow-mo post moves are effective and frustrating to the opposition.

I'm dissappointed with his defense though. He should be hacking everyone coming into the paint. He definitely should be getting more blocks.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."