• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Why is Cleveland sports talk radio so bad?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I heard Josh is starting a show with Marty Allen & Kim Maholik.

The RBS is great for one reason: Tony Rizzo knows how to run a radio talk show. The rest of these fucktards, Hamer included, think people want to listen to them. Wrong. It's about the callers. Reghi, Roda, Brinda, and now Hammer.... think it is about them. Pete understood that. Bruce understands that. Rizzo was on The Giant, WHK, in the day and everyone on that station "got it". Most of KNR is the opposite. Long, boring monologues that are bad takes 90% of the time. Then they had a handful of retarded callers becasue no one with a brain would wait that long.

BTW - Hammer's solo weekend time is unlistenable. He's craptacular.

Like I said, Pete invented it, Bruce got it. Rizzo gets it. Galetti gets it when he does rare stints. You embraace buffornery, you make callers into stars and personalities that listeners love or hate, and you call out bad takes and get in fights with callrs. That's good radio.

Brinda, Sindelar, Roda, Reghi, an dnow Hammer? In love with hearing themselves talk. hammer is too much of a wuss to take on callers. He just dumps them and then monologues. Rizz carries the stiff.

BTW - Romie is the exception becasue he can pull it off, although I miss how rarely the old legends call in these days.

Why do I feel like I've read that post before?

Why do I feel like I've read that post before?

Because it's identical to a post on another message board, from a poster who resides in Y-town. Everything except the first sentence about Sabo, BSK, and Maholik, word for word, right down to the typing error.

I heard Josh is starting a show with Marty Allen & Kim Maholik.

The RBS is great for one reason: Tony Rizzo knows how to run a radio talk show. The rest of these fucktards, Hamer included, think people want to listen to them. Wrong. It's about the callers. Reghi, Roda, Brinda, and now Hammer.... think it is about them. Pete understood that. Bruce understands that. Rizzo was on The Giant, WHK, in the day and everyone on that station "got it". Most of KNR is the opposite. Long, boring monologues that are bad takes 90% of the time. Then they had a handful of retarded callers becasue no one with a brain would wait that long.

BTW - Hammer's solo weekend time is unlistenable. He's craptacular.

Like I said, Pete invented it, Bruce got it. Rizzo gets it. Galetti gets it when he does rare stints. You embraace buffornery, you make callers into stars and personalities that listeners love or hate, and you call out bad takes and get in fights with callrs. That's good radio.

Brinda, Sindelar, Roda, Reghi, an dnow Hammer? In love with hearing themselves talk. hammer is too much of a wuss to take on callers. He just dumps them and then monologues. Rizz carries the stiff.

BTW - Romie is the exception becasue he can pull it off, although I miss how rarely the old legends call in these days.

Looks a lot like this: http://www.theclevelandfan.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=15822&view=newest

Plagiarism or split web personality?

Relax dudes, it's probably the same guy...a lot of people frequent multiple boards.

Relax dudes, it's probably the same guy...a lot of people frequent multiple boards.

Nope, not the same poster. The least Scuzzy could have done was correct the spelling errors.

Maybe Scuzzy can inform us about minor league happenings in the Indians organization. TCF has great coverage on the minors.;)

The original poster would like royalties for use of his prose. His creative spelling is licensed exclusively to he and he alone

Maybe Scuzzy can inform us about minor league happenings in the Indians organization. TCF has great coverage on the minors.;)

The original poster would like royalties for use of his prose. His creative spelling is licensed exclusively to he and he alone

Is that you JB? ;)

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."