• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

New Ohio State Football Jerseys?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SanduskyCav

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
So I am sitting here in class listening to ESPN 97.1 The Fan and they are discussing a rumor that OSU will unveil a new jersey sometime soon. Can someone do some research and see if this is true? They somehow found a picture that showed an alternate uniform and helmet but I can't really search to well here on my iPod. And they weren't sure if it was a false pic and rumor or not.

So I am sitting here in class listening to ESPN 97.1 The Fan and they are discussing a rumor that OSU will unveil a new jersey sometime soon. Can someone do some research and see if this is true? They somehow found a picture that showed an alternate uniform and helmet but I can't really search to well here on my iPod. And they weren't sure if it was a false pic and rumor or not.

Yes. You can.

JogVg.jpg

Yes. You can.

asshole

:thumbdown Those look pink ( but im sure its the light) We are called the Scarlet and Grey for a reason.

Lets not be the Oregon Ducks here and reviel a new jersey every game.

* Robert Stack from Unsolved Mysterys voice* UPDATE- i txted my friend who goes to tOSU and he said he heard about the rumor also, and they might unveil it during the michigan game-- why? He doesnt know

i actually like oregon ducks jerseys... its fun to watch em. if ohio state can afford to get alt. jerseys then why not? it will be kinda cool seeing them in some thing else.

new-oregon-ducks-football-uniforms-141.jpg

i actually like oregon ducks jerseys... its fun to watch em. if ohio state can afford to get alt. jerseys then why not? it will be kinda cool seeing them in some thing else.

It is about tradition. When you think about the Cleveland Browns, you think about those orange Helmets, when you think about Michigan, you think of the helmet. Ohio State you think of the sparkling paint on the helmet with the buckeyes in the back.

My friend also said he heard somthing about new basketball jerseys??

It is about tradition. When you think about the Cleveland Browns, you think about those orange Helmets, when you think about Michigan, you think of the helmet. Ohio State you think of the sparkling paint on the helmet with the buckeyes in the back.

My friend also said he heard somthing about new basketball jerseys??

Agreed, i hate osu but I would be disappointed if they caved and made some trendy dated looking jersey.

So I did some research and found that against Michigan this season we will both be wearing throwback jerseys. Ohio State will be wearing a white away jersey from 1960-61 along with the helmet from 1961. I could not find a color picture of the jersey, however this is the helmet they will be wearing.

OHXOSU6061A-180-2.jpg

I read that about the throwback jerseys and helmets as well. I just hope that they do it right and not combine that strange alternate jersey with the throwback helmets. Nike always finds some way to fuck up a team's college football uniforms and I'm disappointed that OSU is considering that alternate. Again, I'm cool with a throwback game, I just highly doubt that OSU will wear a carbon copy of the uniforms Cavs23MVP posted.

It says 69 :chuckles: " how old are you laughing at 69..." people are viewing this thread, but only 23 people are vieing the entire ohio state buckeyes subforum.

I get the iPod joke Cavs23MVP, thanks lol

Its only a one game thing. No big deal really, not like they are going to wear them 3 times a year.

It's legit.

OSU AD: Buckeyes to unveil Nike unis at Michigan

COLUMBUS, Ohio – A statement from Ohio State director of athletics Gene Smith:

"During spring, 2009, Ohio State was invited by Nike to participate in its Rivalry uniform program with several other universities from around the nation. They offered us a chance to try a new uniform product featuring cutting-edge fabrics and technology; participation in the program also offered us a one-time opportunity to salute one of those great championship teams that have built the Ohio State football tradition.

Our coaches and players were excited to see the different elements Nike presented in the prototype designs and samples. The uniform elements are still in production, and we are extremely eager to see the finished product when it arrives.

For this special program, we chose to recognize the achievements of our undefeated 1954 national championship team, winning the Big Ten title outright before capturing a Rose Bowl victory. These great Buckeyes celebrated their 55th anniversary with us at the Minnesota game, and this is another way for us to pay homage to their stellar achievements.

Our fans will be able to get the first look at these unique uniforms on Sunday, Nov. 15, when we will share photos of the finished product on our website OhioStateBuckeyes.com. Fans can also take a look at the actual uniform up close that week in our official Team Shop in the Schottenstein Center. And our team will wear these custom designs when the Buckeyes take the field Nov. 21 up north in Ann Arbor.

Again, this is a one-time opportunity to honor a great championship team. We have no plans to make any changes to the traditional Buckeye uniform for the foreseeable future."

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/sports/football/story.asp?list_id=9&story_id=3374743

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."