• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

USC is completely ethical

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Like this hasn't happened before?

Why the beef now?

Lane Kiffin did it last year at Tennessee too.

It has been done in college basketball all the time.

You have one of the greatest amateur QB coaches in the nation that says this kid has potential to be better than any guy he has coached, which is a pretty damn good list, why would you not offer?

Youd be dumb not too.

With all of the possible problems coming, I would think they would be smart to keep their name out of this kind of thing.

Understandable this has happened before, but considering the circumstances? Seems foolish.

So how much are they paying this kid.

Rumor has it he already has 3 Denalis waiting for him when he turns 16. Oh, and free housing off campus when he is 18.

Sorry, it isn't right, and almost everybody will agree with that statement. Let these kids be kids. This is stupid.

It's just a verbal though. Like Sills said himself: "I can get out of it if I want." Bet he doesn't go to USC. In fact, bet Kiffin doesn't even last to 2015.

Like this hasn't happened before?

Why the beef now?

Lane Kiffin did it last year at Tennessee too.

Last year, it wasn't widely reported. The fact that Kiffin just snaked Tennessee, plus the fact USC might be near probation, plus the fact that USC has been the top program for a decade means it's a bigger story.

The SEC has had no ethics when it comes to recruiting. The fact that he's bringing SEC morals to USC isn't a good thing.

It has been done in college basketball all the time.

Which is unfortunate. It shouldn't happen there, either.

And in CBB, it had been a gradual thing. Up until Kiffin, HS sophs were the earliest offers, and that was rare. He's jumped about 2 steps.

You have one of the greatest amateur QB coaches in the nation that says this kid has potential to be better than any guy he has coached, which is a pretty damn good list, why would you not offer?

Youd be dumb not too.

He's 13!!!!!! No amount of hype can justify it.

What does anything that he did at or to Tenn have to do with it? Coaches leave schools all the time, why is now such a big deal? People are creating a lot of headlines for a coach that hasn't really done much.

The SEC has no ethics? Which conference does? Every single one of them cheat, bend rules, and do every little thing they can to make it to the top. I wasn't even a DI athlete and saw it when recruited to go to college at the small level. It's EVERYWHERE. People though Carrol was a bigger sleezeball than Kiffin is.

So it's Kiffin's fault he offered a middle schooler, even though it has been done many times before? Esp after he already did the same exact thing last year? Why now? Why was it ok for him to do it last year?

Oh, it's justified. He just got a head start and if the kid lives up to the potential, Kiffin is a genius. If he fades into obscurity, then he is just like Euton from Kentucky. Nobody will remember.

There is nothing unethical about offering a middle school kid. Unethical would be flat out cheating to get recruits, which, in this case, he did not do

When I was 13, I wanted to be Walker Texas Ranger.

Since when do people have dream schools in seventh grade..

What does anything that he did at or to Tenn have to do with it? Coaches leave schools all the time, why is now such a big deal? People are creating a lot of headlines for a coach that hasn't really done much.

The SEC has no ethics? Which conference does? Every single one of them cheat, bend rules, and do every little thing they can to make it to the top. I wasn't even a DI athlete and saw it when recruited to go to college at the small level. It's EVERYWHERE. People though Carrol was a bigger sleezeball than Kiffin is.

So it's Kiffin's fault he offered a middle schooler, even though it has been done many times before? Esp after he already did the same exact thing last year? Why now? Why was it ok for him to do it last year?

Oh, it's justified. He just got a head start and if the kid lives up to the potential, Kiffin is a genius. If he fades into obscurity, then he is just like Euton from Kentucky. Nobody will remember.

There is nothing unethical about offering a middle school kid. Unethical would be flat out cheating to get recruits, which, in this case, he did not do

Who said it was okay for other people to do it or for Kiffin to do it last year? It was ridiculous when it was Berry's lil bro, and it is ridiculous now. I have a hard time believing anybody thinks this is cool and fine.

When I was 13, I wanted to be Walker Texas Ranger.

Out of all the people in the world, why would you pick that hillbilly? When I was thirteen I would have killed to be any guy on the set of Baywatch :thumbup:

Out of all the people in the world, why would you pick that hillbilly? When I was thirteen I would have killed to be any guy on the set of Baywatch :thumbup:

Spin kicks, sidekick, cool facial hair.

Must I continue?

Moral of the story: 13 year olds are stupid. Why? They are 13. Having them commit to a college program blows my mind.

So do Lane and Ed Orgeron give this kid lunch money or something?

I heard he gets free handers from USC cheerleaders in the bathroom.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."