• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

USC is completely ethical

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Who cares (no offense to you Nicky).

And by the way, that story write up is why I think more articles should use hyphens instead of having a billion commas.

Wilbon and other media guys had a good point...why even talk about this? this coach is a publicity whore, first of all. second of all, he wont even go to USC. Guaranteed. Like I said, Kiffin probably wont even be there. Just more reasons why this is stupid.

Ha, none taken Mar.

USC will do about anything to make news....well, news.

IMO this is stupid because both sides can back out and given the fact he won't attend for a long time now there is no reason to do this. Good for the kid though I wish in 7th grade I could say USC wants me to play QB for them.....hell right now in 12th grade with I could say any college really wanted me.

What does anything that he did at or to Tenn have to do with it? Coaches leave schools all the time, why is now such a big deal? People are creating a lot of headlines for a coach that hasn't really done much.

When a coach has been accused of being a sleezeball in his last 2 jobs, his past is open season when he does something sleazy in his next job.

The SEC has no ethics? Which conference does?

The Big Ten, Big East, and until Kiffin came along, the P10.

So it's Kiffin's fault he offered a middle schooler

Whose else would it be?

even though it has been done many times before?

Many times? I can think of 3, and he's done 2 of them.

Esp after he already did the same exact thing last year? Why now? Why was it ok for him to do it last year?

As I stated, Kiffin behavior has made him a target and everything he does is magnified. He brought that on himself.

Oh, it's justified. He just got a head start and if the kid lives up to the potential, Kiffin is a genius. If he fades into obscurity, then he is just like Euton from Kentucky. Nobody will remember.

Again, we are talking about a 13 YEAR OLD. He's not Kiffin's meal ticket, regardless of what you believe.

There is nothing unethical about offering a middle school kid. Unethical would be flat out cheating to get recruits, which, in this case, he did not do

From his public comments, he apparently doesn't know what cheating is.

I still don't understand how you think offering a 13 year old kid is justified, even if he pans out.

This is such a non issue, a top program showed interest in a 13 yr old recruit. The kids already as tall as Drew Brees if he stops growing today, he's accurately breaking down NFL plays as they unfold so Kiffin takes the advice of a widely respected qb developer that's worked with tons of successful college and pro players...its not like the kids dad is the one touting his son the next Tom Brady and he's got his son out in the back yard throwing a football at beer can targets and a tire.

Its an open ended agreement that was just made to create buzz for the kid at a young age and for Kiffin to put his program on the kids good graces early on. Like previously mentioned Kiffin is a snake and will probably get canned or hired to be Bill Belichecks successor before this goes down anyway.

He's not the first to do it...some 14 yr old verbally committed to play basketball for Kentucky last year, verbal commitments mean nothing [Boozer] its an "as we stand right now" phrase.

Last edited:
When a coach has been accused of being a sleezeball in his last 2 jobs, his past is open season when he does something sleazy in his next job.

The Big Ten, Big East, and until Kiffin came along, the P10.

Whose else would it be?

Many times? I can think of 3, and he's done 2 of them.

As I stated, Kiffin behavior has made him a target and everything he does is magnified. He brought that on himself.

Again, we are talking about a 13 YEAR OLD. He's not Kiffin's meal ticket, regardless of what you believe.

From his public comments, he apparently doesn't know what cheating is.

I still don't understand how you think offering a 13 year old kid is justified, even if he pans out.

Accused of being a sleazeball, because he left? That's too damn bad...coaches leave all the time. Coaches bend rules all the time. Ohio State has recruited kids with felonies, Michigan just took on a kid that was busted for robbery, but they are ethical? Give me a break buddy.Just because the SEC wipes the floor with the rest of the NCAA the past couple of years, does not make them the only conference that doesn't recruit 100% honest. If you think all the other schools are, you really dont have a clue of what really goes on.

:chuckles::chuckles::chuckles::chuckles::chuckles: I really am cracking up that you think all those conferences are ethical, lololol....wow..

Colorado and Texas Tech have been investigated for recruiting violations recently, Michigan, UConn, and many others. They all do it.

This is my fav part of my post, because I know being a Cavs board you have to be an OSU homer too.

http://www.zimbio.com/NCAA+Football+Games/articles/876/Ohio+State+1+Ten+recruiting+violations

Ohio State committed almost two-thirds of the Big Ten's Level I recruiting violations (13 out of 21 for the entire conference) during the 2007-08 school year.

21 violations in that year alone. That was just a quick google search. Like I said, you really don't know anything if you think only the SEC isn't ethical. :chuckles::chuckles:

It has been done many times, across all levels of athletics. This isn't even the first time USC has done it. They did it a couple years ago with a basketball player. Really, it's not the first, it won't be the last.

What rules has Kiffin broke? A couple of minor rules that really makes you wonder, why are they even rules to begin with? These are rules that coaches break everyday. Tennessee is good to go next year, the previous coach at USC has left the school under uncertain terms. But according to you, the Pac 10 is ethical, atleast before Kiffin got there. But I suppose they are only under investigation because they hired Kiffin, not because Carroll was sleeping with undergrads, letting the Bush family stay in mansions, or having his running back roll around in a $75,000 SUV. But that's ethical right?

How isn't it justified if he pans out? He looks like a genius. He got a head start on recruiting the next best kid, and it is completely legal and ethical. If he doesn't, who cares. Colleges pull offers all the time. What's the big deal? Very few kids are going to stand out at the age, if you take a gamble, offer, get a head start and he turns out to be great, then that is a great recruiting job. If you offer, he turns out to be not so good, you pull the offer and most likely you will never hear about it until some web blogger makes a small article about it that may get a couple hundred views.

Great move. But shouldnt be a news story and you are completely wrong.

Sorry, it isn't right, and almost everybody will agree with that statement. Let these kids be kids. This is stupid.

It's just a verbal though. Like Sills said himself: "I can get out of it if I want." Bet he doesn't go to USC. In fact, bet Kiffin doesn't even last to 2012.

Fixed

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Trying to start a flame war by criticizing OSU and BT shows how out of your league and desperate you are.

So long, loser.

Facts are hard to overcome eh

Does anyone else's testicles smell awful after that Super Bowl? I just got home from a party and got a whiff of myself.

Jesus Christ.

Does anyone else's testicles smell awful after that Super Bowl? I just got home from a party and got a whiff of myself.

Jesus Christ.

I just watched two in credible QBs play, the only thing that smells awful is going back to following Lady Quinn and Derek Anderception.

Jigo, lol what if I said mine did too?

I just watched two in credible QBs play, the only thing that smells awful is going back to following Lady Quinn and Derek Anderception.

We still have Ratliff

and maybe Troy Smith

and maybe Sam Bradford

and maybe TIM TEBOWWWWWWW YAAAAAAA

Even with those names, we still wouldn't have a credible QB.

What's even worse, Grossi is reporting we contacted the Eagles about McNabb.....Savage patch work job again? I hope not...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."