• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Should Miami trade Wade?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Absinthe

In the Rotation
Reaction score
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/Heat-Should-Think-the-Unthinkable-83955792.html

The NBA's trade deadline is Feb. 18 and for the Heat it will mark the point of no return with Wade.

It is a very distinct possibility that Wade will not be resigning with the Heat as a free agent at the end of the year. He’s given just about every indication that he will probably be headed elsewhere.

No one wants to say it. Even whispering it might be punishable by 30 days in jail. But facts are facts.

Meanwhile, the Heat are in the unenviable position of waiting to see what their disgruntled star might do in the summer. If Wade decides to jump ship, the Heat would be left with nothing.

Literally, nothing. The only two players under contract for next season are Michael Beasley and Daequan Cook. That’s it.

With no guarantees of Wade and the NBA trade deadline about a week away, getting anything you can for a premier NBA player sounds like a good consolation.

Still breathing? Consider this.

Wade’s already put his Miami house up for sale. He’s said he wants to play with Orlando’s Dwight Howard. He wants to play with LeBron James, possibly in New York. Basically, Wade hasn't stopped talking about next year and the possibilities outside of Miami.

Wade wants to win now. The current Heat roster has a better shot at missing the playoffs, which is understandably frustrating to our resident super hero.

But Riley has already said he doesn’t plan on making any splashes during the season to make Wade happy and Wade is becoming increasingly grumpier as the losses pile up.

He’s started taking shots at his young coach, despite his efforts to backtrack. Speaking of effort, Wade’s has been visibly lackluster on the court. Meanwhile, his personal and business troubles off the court have made more headlines.

Suddenly, the sand of South Beach isn’t looking so pristine.

What if the Heat made a call to Orlando and snatched up a couple of players for Wade? Rashard Lewis and a couple of other players might not light up a marquee like Flash, but that would at least stock the cupboard until 2010 free agency.

The Bulls would love to have their hometown boy back. We’re sure in time South Beach could embrace Luol Deng, Joakim Noah and another solid player.

The West is stacked with young talent. Minnesota has been trying to unload Al Jefferson all season. They have enough talent to make a trade work.

Phoenix wants to rebuild and Amare Stoudemire is the perfect building block.

Outside of Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, the possible scenarios are endless. And any trade this year still leaves room for signing a top flight free agent in 2010.

The point is there is no NBA team that wouldn’t listen to a trade offer for Wade, and for as much loyalty Riley has to Flash, he should have more to the franchise.

We’d all love to keep wearing our No. 3 jerseys proudly, but hoping at the expense of facing an undesirable reality could result in a nightmare of New Jersey Nets-like proportions.

Personally, I don't think there's a chance in hell he resigns with them next year. Pat Riley has tried to play mind games with him all year and it might backfire on him. Riley has surrounded him with rubbish talent and rubbish players. To top it off, Riley wants Wade to resign before he signs any other big names in the off season. Wade told him no. He wants to see what Riley does first. Theoretically, if they do trade Wade they have a lot of pieces to rebuild from scratch. Beasley and a ton of money would be interesting. Thoughts? I think Wade signs with the Bulls.

If the Heat feel like alienating their fan base, then sure, by all means ...

What would be more alienating is if they allow him to walk and get NOTHING out of it. As it stands, they probably won't even make the playoffs with him.

What would be more alienating is if they allow him to walk and get NOTHING out of it. As it stands, they probably won't even make the playoffs with him.

They are under the cap enough to sign a max player. If wade leaves they are under enough to get 2 max players. Its Miami, people want to play there. If Wade leaves, Miami will get several top free agents in return.

SO no, no reason to trade wade.

They are under the cap enough to sign a max player. If wade leaves they are under enough to get 2 max players. Its Miami, people want to play there. If Wade leaves, Miami will get several top free agents in return.

SO no, no reason to trade wade.

That's true, although I still wouldn't rule out a sign and trade with him in the off season. Dwayne Wade is a top five NBA talent in my opinion. You just can't let him walk away and not get a thing in return. He's irreplaceable, despite who they sign.

That's true, although I still wouldn't rule out a sign and trade with him in the off season. Dwayne Wade is a top five NBA talent in my opinion. You just can't let him walk away and not get a thing in return. He's irreplaceable, despite who they sign.

You never know. Personally I think he stays and he is just possitioning himself. They have a chance to add a significant talent along with wade and also watch beasly further grow. They can be a good team very quickly

Would people be willing to trade JJ for this guy? :chuckles:

Sign in CLE for the MLE, please... :chuckles:

Would people be willing to trade JJ for this guy? :chuckles:

A 28 year old injury prone SG? Nope don't think that fits a need of ours. JJ is untouchable when it comes to Jamison, Murphy and Wade.

A 28 year old injury prone SG? Nope don't think that fits a need of ours. JJ is untouchable when it comes to Jamison, Murphy and Wade.

The problem with wade is not only is he injury prone but I am not sure he could be a true #2 option to Lebron. It has been established in the iggy thread that a sg who doesnt shoot 40% from 3 and 50% overall is a poor shooter and wouldnt fit next to Lebron. Well wade shoots 48% overall (only 2% better than AI) and a piss poor 29% from 3 (a whopping 4% less than iggy) and he is only 6'4...meaning he is not capable of guarding the bigger wings in the league.

He just doesnt fit what people seem to want next to Lebron. According to the numbers and most expectations, No way does Wade fit.

The problem with wade is not only is he injury prone but I am not sure he could be a true #2 option to Lebron. It has been established in the iggy thread that a sg who doesnt shoot 40% from 3 and 50% overall is a poor shooter and wouldnt fit next to Lebron. Well wade shoots 48% overall (only 2% better than AI) and a piss poor 29% from 3 (a whopping 4% less than iggy) and he is only 6'4...meaning he is not capable of guarding the bigger wings in the league.

He just doesnt fit what people seem to want next to Lebron. According to the numbers and most expectations, No way does Wade fit.

This reads sarcastically yet I have lingering doubts about whether or not it really is... :confused: :chuckles:

You left out that he is mainly a slasher that needs the ball in his hands 23 of the 24 second shot clock to be effective. We need pure shooters next to Lebron who can stand in the corner and shoot 3's. I still don't know why we don't have Damon Jones at the 2 guard.

Wade's got Riley's scrotum in his hands and is squeezing it tighter and tighter as the season winds down.

To answer the topic's question. Yes, you should trade Wade. Trade him to Cleveland. We'll give you Z, Danny Green, and our 1st round picks for the rest of LeBron's career. Then we'll laugh at you as we win 10 championships in a row. TEN!

Lol. Wade seems like he's done with Miami. Don't see what you can trade him for right now though.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."