• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2010 Indians Game Discussion

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
There isn't any hurry, and I am alright with him not hitting leadoff, but I just think it puts everyone else where they should be in the lineup if Brantley hit leadoff.

IMO, Cabrera is exactly what a #2 hitter should be, and Grady is the exact opposite of what a #2 hitter should be (besides the speed).

Brantley hitting leadoff allows Cabrera to hit 2nd and Grady to hit 4th (where he should be IMO). This then also slides Hafner to 5th instead of 4th (also where he should be IMO).

I guess I will just wait and see how it goes. I just think a top 5 of Brantley, Asdrubal, Choo, Sizemore, Hafner (in that order), looks better than Asdrubal, Sizemore, Choo, Hafner, Peralta.

More guys on base for Grady, more speed at the top of the lineup. Allows some more steal/hit and run opportunities.

With all due respect, Mo, you are aware that Acta has set it up to where Brantley, Asdrubal, Sizemore, Choo and Hafner hit consecutively at least 2 times a game?

I mean, an order, after the first inning, doesn't mean anything. I think Sizemore makes sense @ 2. He can optimize his at bats while getting run producing spots more often, which is what you want your #2 hitter to do.

OBP then Slug, OBP then Slug. Acta has done a good job in shaping this lineup.

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/i3jzZmRLXSM&hl=en_US&fs=1& width=480 height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">

We gotta start our season with the right music!
</EMBED>

World_Series_trophy.jpeg

The Sox are gonna be tough this year, good balance of hitting, great pitching, and now they have speed with Pierre.

The first five games will tell us a bunch about the Indians this year. On the road and against division teams, and with a different approach to the spring by Acta, etc. This is exciting. I hope we see some good things right away. It will be interesting to see how all our lefties handle today one of the best left handed pitchers in baseball... specifically Hafner... AKA: PRONK. ;)

The first five games never tell you much about the season and how it will play out.

Last year's first five sure were.

Not really.

Was Carl Pavano as bad as the 150 runs he gave up in game one?

When the Indians started 0-3 back in either 96 or 97 I don't think people took it as a sign of things to come (OK, it's Cleveland...they probably did)....but it wasn't indicative of the season.

If you lose the first five games it means you lost five....nobody gives a shit come July. It just so happens they were a losing team.

The Rockies lost eight of 12 to open up last season, but nobody remembers that when they got red hot in the middle of the season and went to the playoffs.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."