• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Pay attention, LeBron!- Bill Ingram , Hoopsworld

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Great post. It is terrible that Game 5 will define his career. He arguably had the most dominating performaces in the ECF last year, and we all remember Game 5 of the detroit series. For all of the flare, Lebron is easily one of the harderst working players in the NBA today and is one of best leaders in the NBA today.

He sure as hell didn't show it in games 2 and 5 of this Boston series. And within 4 points of tying in game 6 he dribbles the ball off his damn foot.

He sure as hell didn't show it in games 2 and 5 of this Boston series. And within 4 points of tying in game 6 he dribbles the ball off his damn foot.

Just like Kobe didn't show it when his team blew a 20+ point lead in the second half of an nba finals game (game 4 vs. celtics in 2008). Just like Kobe didn't show it this year in game 4 vs. the Thunder when he refused to shoot. Just like Kobe didn't show it in game 7 vs. the Suns a few years ago.

Your whining about Lebron dribbling the ball off his foot? Are you freakin serious? Don't expect people to take you seriously when you post moronic statements like that. So the guy dribbled the ball off his shoot, let's shoot him in the head for committing such a big mistake.

Now as far as Bill Ingram is concerned, the guy is in the same boat at Ric Bucher. He's a kobe nuthugger and just had to take a shot at Lebron.

Bill, just like Ric Bucher, does not know basketball. This guy talks nonense without backing anything up with concrete evidence. The dishonesty and lack of professionalism in his writing is absurd. I'm surprised a person like this can actually hold on to his job.

We have this guy trying to use the Cavs elimination to put Kobe back up to a higher pedestal than Lebron. While Ric Bucher is quoting unnamed GM's and League Executives who think Lebron is a dangerous player to build around and has too much control. Not to mention Rich Bucher's extreme lack of judgment when he declares that Derrick Rose (don't get me wrong I like Rose alot) has demonstrated that he is willing to take over games down the stretch more so than Lebron James???

I like Derrick Rose, but to compare his willingness to take over games down the stretch to that of Lebron's in the playoffs is disrespectful to the integrity of the game.

what a hater... ingram is an idiot, not for criticizing lebron but for using kobe playing on a much better team as his only defense. lebron with one arm won 2 games against the celtics, dwight howard lost both games at home and might get swept. the lakers have played against 3 undersized teams so far in the playoffs... they have three 7 footers on their roster and have only played against one so far in robin lopez. pau gasol has been the best player on the lakers and if the lakers win it all this year he should win finals mvp. though the fans will all vote for kobe...

idiot...

some of you fans are fucking crazy... you are aware that lebron was hurt? he was legitimately injured... kobe's finger and knee are nothing compared to a mans arm going numb. lebron almost cried after that bulls game, he is seriously hurt... he deserves the rest that he will be getting this summer.

some of you fans are fucking crazy... you are aware that lebron was hurt? he was legitimately injured... kobe's finger and knee are nothing compared to a mans arm going numb. lebron almost cried after that bulls game, he is seriously hurt... he deserves the rest that he will be getting this summer.

Until he has surgery, he isn't hurt in my book.

Lebron deserves a lot of criticism. But putting Kobe Bryant as someone he should measure up to is hilarious. If Lebron pays attention to Kobe he'll figure out that no matter what crazy antics you do, if you win a title eventually all will be forgiven.

Kobe the guy who gifted us with airplane trips in and out of Denver for a rape trial in the playoffs. Kobe who sabotaged at least one championship because he couldn't stand Shaq being top dog. Kobe who Phil Jackson has called uncoachable at times. Kobe the guy who sometimes refuses to shoot in games to prove points. Kobe who quit against the suns to prove how bad his teammates were. Kobe who has constantly thrown teammates and coaches under the bus to save his own butt.

The media needs to own up to the fact that when you look at Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Barry Bonds and countless others--they reward jerk-like behavior if you win. Heck look how Kevin Garnett has acted the last year or so.

Rings are get out of jail free cards. That's the lesson here.

Until he has surgery, he isn't hurt in my book.

Lmao wow..

The quality of posts here just keeps getting better and better..

I really don't know what to say..

It seems like everyday, I'm able to say with confidence that I've read the dumbest comment ever, trumping the previous day's..

Lmao wow..

The quality of posts here just keeps getting better and better..

I really don't know what to say..

It seems like everyday, I'm able to say with confidence that I've read the dumbest comment ever, trumping the previous day's..

How do you figure? If every player with a bump or bruise was considered "hurt" then injured lists would be a mile long right now.

Don't let the post count fool you... I'm not some asshole, idiot poster. So you can save your canned "worst post i ever read.." shtick for someone else... I'm sure you have it saved on your hard drive for easy "copy and paste" access. Shouldn't be too much trouble for you to dig up again.

Let me elaborate on my earlier post for you... LeBron has come out several times saying it's fine... we have negative MRI scans... we have no hint of any upcoming procedures... His focus has already shifted to his free agency... Every thing we have points to his elbow being fine.

As a pro athlete you are expected to play through a certain amount of pain. It's part of the job. If you are still able to go out on the court with no risk of further injury, it is your job as a professional athlete to play through any ailments and discomforts you have. Plain and simple.

Trust me, I wish the elbow was truly injured to the point of him requiring surgery... at least then it might explain what we saw during the celtics series. Otherwise what we saw still looks and smells extremely fishy. To deny this, is foolish and ignorant.

Nobody wants to be able to say, more than me, that LeBron was hurt, instead of LeBron's a quitter or worse.... But I'm not going to say that just to make myself feel better. If it comes out that he truly was hurt, then I'll let out a huge sigh of relief... But what I saw doesn't give me good vibes. I hate even putting into words what I think went on during that series. It hurts too much.

If you're like the Trillest your memory is like that of a pachyderm... and you remember these same clowns who prop up Kobe as this ultimate leader & team player calling him the worst thing to happen to the NBA just six short years ago. He was the guy who broke up a dynasty team, drove away a 3 time Finals MVP & a 9 time championship winning coach.... all because of his raging narcissism & petulant need to take all the shots & glory.

Yall remember 2007? How they villified that cat when he went on that summer rampage, demanding that Bynum get traded and then finally wanting to get shipped elsewhere? How he turned his back on an organization that stuck by him, met all of his demands and gave him max money even in the wake of an uncertain future with a rape trial pending? And NOW this motherfucka is a shining example of what it means to be a true MVP? Wasn't he the same dude they claimed would NEVER win a championship without Shaq? A shoot first, ignore his teammates, pompous, glory hungry, Jordan clone who hadn't the slightest idea what it took to be a winner? Yep.

I'm taking names man and that's real talk. Watch all of these same crab ass writers push poor Savannah out the way & hop on Lebron's dick when the inevitable happens and he garners at LEAST 3 championships. Fuck the bullshit about some damn Micheal Jordan already, we know he's not Jordan and nobody ever will be. But to sit here and tell me that his legacy is defined because of a few bad games as a 25 year old franchise player is beyond ridiculous. Man listen, just like yall I believed we could win a championship this year and I ain't finna back down from that... I was extra confident too.

But I'm a fan bruh, the hell am I supposed to say.. that we won't win it all? Naw I love this team with everything in me fam & any objectivity is thrown out of the window because I adopt the same belief every year.... We Can Win It All, period. Ok so shit didn't go according to plan & we got exposed for a myriad of reasons. For one we all know that we just might have let our love get to our heads and slightly overrate this team regular season record be damned. Pierce plays like shit and it doesn't matter because he has 3 goonies he can call upon when things go awry, now just who does Lebron Raymone James have in that same vein? Exactly.

So now the priority is to keep King James in Cleveland and focus on how we can get him HIS Pippen, McHale, Worthy, Pau Gasol, Kevin Garnett, Vince Carter or Chauncey Billups... because while these bitches are talking all that shit they conveniently leave out the fact that there is not one other person on the roster besides Bron who any opposing coaches truly have to lose sleep over.... Shaq & Tawn's names used to ring out but we don't have a time machine unfortunately.

But all this character analysis to explain why Lebron (THE CAVS!) were eliminated in the semis is a buncha malarkey bruh. We already know he has an ego the size of KRS-One's nose, we already know he's an attention whore, we already know he can be a bitch and we already know he has maturity issues. But none of that shit is unique because if we're going to seriously analyze ANY star player in the NBA not named Timothy Duncan, hey, we could rip them to shreds just as well.

Don't let the hurt spark the hate.

Don't cosign these weak busters with sinister agendas.

Don't let one series erase seven years of excellence with many more to come, word to the 2 Dans.

Great post Trill, but do you speak like that in real life "bruh"? :chuckles:

I wish we could archive all of these absurd articles and see how their tunes change in a couple years when Lebron finally wins a championship or 2.

I always thought the King James part was more about the fact that there actually was a King named King James. You know, the one that has an edition of the bible dedicated to him. I mean, no country has ever had a King Kobe, so why the hell would people nickname him that?

Just like Kobe didn't show it when his team blew a 20+ point lead in the second half of an nba finals game (game 4 vs. celtics in 2008). Just like Kobe didn't show it this year in game 4 vs. the Thunder when he refused to shoot. Just like Kobe didn't show it in game 7 vs. the Suns a few years ago.

Your whining about Lebron dribbling the ball off his foot? Are you freakin serious? Don't expect people to take you seriously when you post moronic statements like that. So the guy dribbled the ball off his shoot, let's shoot him in the head for committing such a big mistake.

Now as far as Bill Ingram is concerned, the guy is in the same boat at Ric Bucher. He's a kobe nuthugger and just had to take a shot at Lebron.

Bill, just like Ric Bucher, does not know basketball. This guy talks nonense without backing anything up with concrete evidence. The dishonesty and lack of professionalism in his writing is absurd. I'm surprised a person like this can actually hold on to his job.

We have this guy trying to use the Cavs elimination to put Kobe back up to a higher pedestal than Lebron. While Ric Bucher is quoting unnamed GM's and League Executives who think Lebron is a dangerous player to build around and has too much control. Not to mention Rich Bucher's extreme lack of judgment when he declares that Derrick Rose (don't get me wrong I like Rose alot) has demonstrated that he is willing to take over games down the stretch more so than Lebron James???

I like Derrick Rose, but to compare his willingness to take over games down the stretch to that of Lebron's in the playoffs is disrespectful to the integrity of the game.

I couldn't care less what he says about Kobe. He could say Kobe walks on water and that doesn't change the fact that Lebron played like a bum in games 2 and 5 of the Boston series. If getting within 4 points of an elimination game can't motivate Lebron to drive and take over the game, than he deserves criticism for either not caring or choking. If getting annihilated on home court can't inspire him to play his hardest in Game 6, than what kind of MVP is that? 9 Turnover is not acceptable in the most important game of franchise history.

I couldn't care less what he says about Kobe. He could say Kobe walks on water and that doesn't change the fact that Lebron played like a bum in games 2 and 5 of the Boston series. If getting within 4 points of an elimination game can't motivate Lebron to drive and take over the game, than he deserves criticism for either not caring or choking. If getting annihilated on home court can't inspire him to play his hardest in Game 6, than what kind of MVP is that? 9 Turnover is not acceptable in the most important game of franchise history.

Dude, you DO realize that they put five guys out on the floor in basketball, right? And they also pay against five guys on the opposing team that you have to prevent from scoring?

No, LeBron DIDN'T play well in those games. He also doesn't have the luxury of having other players STEP UP in the playoffs like other stars do. No one dare bats an eyelash when players like Pierce, Dwight, or Kobe plays horribly (which they have certainly done and then some in the playoffs) but their team still wins because they have players that can carry the load. Is LeBron the ONLY player who has to win a title by himself here?

When you figure out that NO player hoists up that trophy in June without at least one other player getting their hands dirty in the playoffs, you let me know.

the writer isnt brilliant but he makes a good point. kobe has raised his game in key moments of these series (and typically does so in the playoffs). we have seen glimpses from lebron (detroit series a few years ago, orlando game 2 last year, boston game 3 this year), but nothing consistent. if he wants to really be referred to as the king, he should be able to will his team - you know, the one who won 60+ games again this season - to victory more times than not. not forget to show up for a few games.

Bleh, Kobe never won anything without Shaq, he even missed the playoffs one year, Lebron ALONe took his mediocre team to the Finals. People seem to have a very short term memory, The Lakers are elite again ONLY because they received the gift of Gasol, Kobe was not the best player last year in the finals, as a matter of fact, the ONLY game the Magic won was because KOBE gve it away...

Kobe makes his teammates better?? REALLY?? Since when??

The Lakers this year were like 6-1 without Kobe, the only lost being a 1 point loss to Boston in Boston. The Lakers are a great team with or without Kobe, Check the Stats man...

Dont ever compare Kobe to Lebron, Lebron is a freak, one of those players that comes once or twice in a lifetime, just because he was eliminated by a team that just took the first 2 home games from the previously unbeaten Orlando, now hes just a choker... The dude had a triple double with 19 rebounds on one of his worst games ever!!

When was the last time Kobe did this??? It is not Lebrons fault that he has to carry a team alone, where was Jamison this series??Where was Mo? West? All struggled badly, and that is not Lebrons fault.. The guy has 2 straight mvps, kobe has one, kobe has 4 rings?? 3 are shaqs, and one is Gasols and Ariza who where the diff vs Orlando last year.

Just put Lebron in the Lakers and Kobe in the Cavs and check how that goes..... The Lakers cruise to a title, loosing maybe 1 or 2 games in the whole playoffs, while cleveland maybe get pass chicago.. and thats a big maybe.

You are all witness to the best player that has EVER played this game, be grateful, and dont worry, the titles will come... lets just hope that it is with Cleveland, and that right now looks doubtful.

Lebron is simply on another category.....

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."