• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Randolph part of trade talks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Reaction score
Sources: Randolph part of trade talks

The Minnesota Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors have had discussions about a trade that would send forward Anthony Randolph to the Timberwolves, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the talks.

No trade is imminent, but the Timberwolves have strong interest in acquiring the 20-year-old Randolph. The Warriors, who own the sixth pick in this year's NBA draft, would like to move up to get a higher selection. Minnesota has the fourth pick.

The 6-10 Randolph, who left LSU after one season, played only 33 games last season, averaging 11.6 points and 6.5 rebounds before suffering a season-ending ankle injury.

In December, ESPN.com reported that the Warriors had interest in dealing Randolph and that the team and representatives of Randolph had met to discuss concerns over Randolph's playing time. The team reportedly was unhappy with his maturity.

"If Golden State wants to trade Anthony, we're not opposed to that," his agent, Bill Duffy, said in December. "He hasn't asked for or demanded a trade, but if the Warriors feel it would be beneficial to them to trade him, we wouldn't be opposed to that at all."

Golden State has asked a high price for Randolph in the past. A team source said that continues to be the case.

Minnesota is high on Randolph and has been monitoring his offseason workouts in Dallas, his hometown. Randolph, who weighed 210 pounds last season, has added 20 pounds of muscle, according to two sources.

The discussions between the two clubs took place last week when several teams, including the Warriors, sent representatives to Minnesota to watch 42 potential draft picks work out at the Timberwolves' practice facility.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5248951&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

Is there an off-season thread this could get moved to?

They're sure as hell intent on dealing this kid...

He's got loads of potential but from what I've heard a fragile mentality and outrageous contract demands...they desperately need a Center. A healthy Tyson Chandler would help quite a bit.

Take a deep breath, Richfieldcavsraised.... don't go hyperventilating on us.

He added 20lbs of muscle! Very impressive. I wanted him when we had an opportunity to take on Corey Maggette at the trade deadline. There is really no telling if we could of actually made that trade considering Anthony Randolph got hurt.

I have loved this kid since he came into the league. So much talent and upside. Great ups. He would be perfect to have as a young PF "project." It's too bad the Cavaliers have never gone after him.

My only concern... Doesn't he seem to go to his left every time? I don't think he has any right... :confused:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z85vHk5cc98&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z85vHk5cc98&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I never really got the point if having JJ and randolph together....IF yall were talking about them in a trade then there isnt much of a difference...Also corey magg. is horrible and a chucker...Why would we want that and that contract???

I never really got the point if having JJ and randolph together....IF yall were talking about them in a trade then there isnt much of a difference...Also corey magg. is horrible and a chucker...Why would we want that and that contract???

I'm not saying he's exactly a good signing (especially with how old he is now), but the guy was still able to put up 20 points on 51.6% shooting this year... and that with a 26% shooting from 3. Also 7th in the league in FTA.

But yeah, he's a huge flopper who's only getting older.

Because he gets to the line a crap load and makes his free throws. Having that off the bench would be really nice to have. He wouldnt be my first option though.

Randolph has Garnett-like defensive potential. He can guard at least three positions. I doubt we have the assets but id happily take some bad contracts to get him.

I'm not saying he's exactly a good signing (especially with how old he is now), but the guy was still able to put up 20 points on 51.6% shooting this year... and that with a 26% shooting from 3. Also 7th in the league in FTA.

But yeah, he's a huge flopper who's only getting older.
The one problem is he only plays for stats. Once he gets his 20 points he usually stops playing.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Ferry high on Randolph last year and trying to get him?

why is it that all NBA players add 20 pounds of muscle? they never get reported as adding 10 or 15 its always 20.

i think somone should just dig up the old randolph thread, its not like hes improved since then, apart from the muscle

BTW- Any idea what Minnesota is doing here? Why do they want/need Anthony Randolph. They can barely play Kevin Love and Al Jefferson. Do one of those guys get moved in Randolph is brought in?

I would love to see the Cavaliers acquire Randolph, but we don't really have the goods to interest Golden State in a deal. They're more interested in going young and getting draft picks. Minnesota will gladly drop down 2 spots and take on a bad contract to acquire Randolph. That deal is going to happen. Look for the T'Wolves to then deal either Al Jefferson or Kevin Love.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."