• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Randolph part of trade talks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
If we're willing to part with Varejao, we may have a chance, picking up him with a couple other pieces.

AV, Delonte

for

Randolph, Maggette, Anthony Morrow, #6 pick

It seems like GSW has been trying to get younger for the past 3 years. They probably need some vets.

BTW- Any idea what Minnesota is doing here? Why do they want/need Anthony Randolph. They can barely play Kevin Love and Al Jefferson. Do one of those guys get moved in Randolph is brought in?

We're getting Al Jefferson!

If we're willing to part with Varejao, we may have a chance, picking up him with a couple other pieces.

AV, Delonte

for

Randolph, Maggette, Anthony Morrow, #6 pick

It seems like GSW has been trying to get younger for the past 3 years. They probably need some vets.

That's one very lopsided trade. If Ferry can pull that of he is a God. That said, this is impossible.

YYou guys are SOOOO lucky this thread was started on my mini-vaca

Expect a full page write-up reaffirming my love for the player that WILL BE (this season Young, he leaves D Miles in his dust) Anthony 'Garnett-Connie-Hawkins-Larry-Nance' Randolph!!!

Go get him Ferry... CHAMPIONSHIPS will follow. Two guys who always look like they are crying durin games in Bron and Randolph. I dare a ref not to favor us

That's one very lopsided trade. If Ferry can pull that of he is a God. That said, this is impossible.

People are still undervaluing Anderson Varejao. He is a defensive monster who also works the pick and roll quite nicely with LBJ. You hold on to AV at all costs unless you're discussing a superstar acquisition.

People are still undervaluing Anderson Varejao. He is a defensive monster who also works the pick and roll quite nicely with LBJ. You hold on to AV at all costs unless you're discussing a superstar acquisition.

EXACTLY! A little back pain for the postseason and Andy is suddenly lumped in with Mo WIlliams for disappearing status and banished off the wine and gold island

For something like Randolph where the Warriors are presently, all we would have to do is take back Maggette's contract and save them extra money somehow someway.

They will trade him this offseason though I think, and move forward with Brendan Wright fully recovered from that freak injury

I don't think anyone is undervaluing him. I love the guy but him plus a mentally-less-than-stable-and-under-gun-charges Delonte is not equal to a kid with "Garnett-like defensive potential," a 20-point per game scorer, one of the purest shooters in the game, and a high draft pick.

Whether AV is a beast or not that is lopsided.

EXACTLY! A little back pain for the postseason and Andy is suddenly lumped in with Mo WIlliams for disappearing status and banished off the wine and gold island

For something like Randolph where the Warriors are presently, all we would have to do is take back Maggette's contract and save them extra money somehow someway.

They will trade him this offseason though I think, and move forward with Brendan Wright fully recovered from that freak injury

I almost forgot about Wright. So they have a capable backup, they don't necessarily require JJ in this deal...play hard ball and get Randolph without dealing JJ. Randolph with Hickson backing him up? That's a youthful PF position that we (and LeBron) can be very excited about.

Well, as has been said, there's nothing stopping us from re-visiting some of the trades that didn't go down before the trade deadline.

If we need to ship off JJ in one deal, then Randolph would be a decent replacement for him if we take on Maggette's contract.

Andy and Delonte for 2 young solid players, a top ten pick and another solid vet is lopsided for me. That is robbing Golden State of three trade-able pieces.

Well, as has been said, there's nothing stopping us from re-visiting some of the trades that didn't go down before the trade deadline.

If we need to ship off JJ in one deal, then Randolph would be a decent replacement for him if we take on Maggette's contract.

Exactly my thought as well. If you do this you don't trade JJ for Randolph, you trade JJ for one of the other players we were interested in at the deadline. Then you replace him by taking Mag's contract and picking up Randolph.

This is one of the under the radar trades that can entice LeBron to stay. If we can pull off a three way trade with Minnesota that can net us Al Jeff while preserving JJ Hickson then there is probably a better chance of LeBron staying. Jefferson-Hickson-LeBron is a dream scenario.

BTW- Any idea what Minnesota is doing here? Why do they want/need Anthony Randolph. They can barely play Kevin Love and Al Jefferson. Do one of those guys get moved in Randolph is brought in?

That would be the intent Phills, The rumors going around are the Wolves are trying to Trade Al Jefferson and the #4 or #16 to Philly for the #2 so they can get Evan Turner, or Al Jefferson and the #23 or #16 to Indy for Danny Granger

That would be the intent Phills, The rumors going around are the Wolves are trying to Trade Al Jefferson and the #4 or #16 to Philly for the #2 so they can get Evan Turner, or Al Jefferson and the #23 or #16 to Indy for Danny Granger

Interesting. I'm not sure I see the point of the Granger trade for them if they're also giving up a pick. Granger is good but he can't carry a team. Jefferson was not up to par this year after his surgery but his game does not rely on athleticism and he was dropping 25 a game in the post two years ago. That to me is way more valuable than what Granger brings, even if they do have a logjam at pf.

Turner makes a bit more sense since he projects to be a playmaker and they probably need that given their pg situation.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."