• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Who the Hell is David Geffen???

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bocce_is_Life

Rookie
Reaction score
Saw this and thought I'd put it up. People are crazy

David Geffen is interested in purchasing a controlling interest in the Clippers from Donald Sterling under the pretext that he can deliver LeBron James.

Geffen told Sterling that he is capable of delivering LeBron to the Clippers, according to a source.

Geffen was at Game 2 of the Lakers with LeBron's right hand man Maverick Carter.

Andy Roeser spoke about the Geffen report with Lisa Dillman of the Los Angeles Times.

"Mr. Sterling has never expressed a desire to sell any part of his team," said Roeser. "Because it is an asset of remarkable value, it's true that there have been countless inquiries over the years."

RealGM Note: Geffen is one of the most powerful entertainment industry executives as a longtime record producer and a founder of DreamWorks SKG.

Via New York Post

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ers_claims_hell_deliver_lebron/#ixzz0qHYQlEyC

Saw this and thought I'd put it up. People are crazy

David Geffen is interested in purchasing a controlling interest in the Clippers from Donald Sterling under the pretext that he can deliver LeBron James.

Geffen told Sterling that he is capable of delivering LeBron to the Clippers, according to a source.

Geffen was at Game 2 of the Lakers with LeBron's right hand man Maverick Carter.

Andy Roeser spoke about the Geffen report with Lisa Dillman of the Los Angeles Times.

"Mr. Sterling has never expressed a desire to sell any part of his team," said Roeser. "Because it is an asset of remarkable value, it's true that there have been countless inquiries over the years."

RealGM Note: Geffen is one of the most powerful entertainment industry executives as a longtime record producer and a founder of DreamWorks SKG.

Via New York Post

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ers_claims_hell_deliver_lebron/#ixzz0qHYQlEyC

David Geffen is just man trying to make a power play via the media to push fans to get Sterling to sell, as if they need anymore reasons to push.

I'm sure LBJ would love to work for Donald Sterling. The man with numerous housing racial discrimination suits filed against him.

I'd be worried it if it were Spielberg! :shakehead

Please do not post every rumor about the NBA in Cavs Talk. This has NOTHING to do with the Cavs. Thanks.

Its is from Peter Vescey come on and the NY Post...

An appreciably well-wired roundball entrepreneur believes LeBron James will re-up with the Cavaliers for three years, a possibility he almost certainly would not entertain had Mike Brown been retained -- something GM Danny Ferry fiercely advocated doing, hence his resignation.

Should no championships be churned out during that time frame, my source is convinced LBJ will bolt for Jay-Z's Brooklyn with a clear conscience, figuring he gave Cleveland a full decade.

With that in mind, it's hardly surprising to read Michigan-melded Dan Gilbert supposedly reached out to Michigan State's Tom Izzo. Obviously, the owner hopes to manufacture a multitude of incentives, beginning with an adored coach and pray LeBron finds him irresistible.

AKM Images / Splash News
CLEVELAND CLINIC: LeBron James does the scene in L.A. last week -- but one source tells Peter Vecsey the free-agent star is more apt to sign a three-year deal to stay in Cleveland than he is to bolt Ohio.
Of course, why would Izzo, John Calipari, Tubby Smith (would turn pro in a jiffy, I'm informed if presented the opportunity and he meets David Stern's age requirement) or any college/NBA person owning a reputable job and solid leverage get suckered into hooking up with a collection of Cavs minus its marquee?

After all, while Gilbert is attempting to line up his lures in a row, others are busy trying to tempt Odysseus, err, LeBron with ingeniously decked-out sirens that are bound to have the Cavs and the competition screaming "conspiracy" and guaranteed to push cap circumvention to its legal limit.

Here's a perfect example of the wily maneuvering already in the DreamWorks:

An impeccable source reveals David Geffen is hot to buy 51 percent of the Clippers. Friday night, the billionaire co-founder of the zaftig film-making company, had dinner in Los Angeles with Donald Sterling to discuss just that.

Anybody who knows Sterling can't imagine him selling controlling interest of anything he owns, much less turn over the decision-making of his showcase property.

"He'll take the Clippers to the grave with him," is the considered opinion of one and all. "They're his entree to Hollywood's galaxy of stars. You have no idea how Donald gets off swaying on the sidelines with demi-celebrities 41 nights a year."

For the sake of argument, surely Sterling must understand, by giving way to Geffen, his constellation, which often IS dying in the corner of the sky, would greatly illuminate and increase in value -- should the record-company big shot be able to recruit LeBron like he signed Bob Dylan and the Eagles.

In fact, Geffen has been deep in the hunt for quite some time. My source claims he told Sterling he can deliver LeBron as long as he's calling the shots.

Maverick Carter, who sits at the right hand of James in all business ventures, was next to the Lakers' bench alongside Geffen.

Meanwhile, Saturday night, Stern and Sterling had dinner. The first topic of conversation had to concern the owner's payment stoppage to Mike Dunleavy after he was fired as GM long after being let go as coach.

To date, the Clippers have not furnished grounds for such action nor has an arbitration date been set. At least one high-profile member of the coach's association, which filed a potent grievance with Stern, is encouraging a boycott of the franchise.

CLEVELAND CLINIC: LeBron James does the scene in L.A. last week -- but one source tells Peter Vecsey the free-agent star is more apt to sign a three-year deal to stay in Cleveland than he is to bolt Ohio.
Sources disclosed Stern is angry Sterling again has embarrassed the league. Apparently, he's been promised the situation soon will be resolved, and that Dunleavy will get his money (nearly $6M) over the length of his contract that has one year remaining.

I don't know this for a fact, but my source suggested Stern's meeting "more likely centered on whether Sterling would be willing to sell 49 percent of the team and how much it'd take for him to give up control."

No immediate comment from either LeBron or Larry King on any of this.

Sam Presti, who yesterday celebrated a third anniversary as Sonic/Thunder GM, making him a rising free agent according to my records, claims he's perfectly happy in Oklahoma. However, a Northwest source claims he interviewed in Seattle (home of Portland owner Paul Allen) for the Blazers' job. Oh, that's right, the job's taken. Kevin Pritchard owns one year on his contract but he and everyone else (I do believe the Post had it months ago,) believe he'll be fired immediately after the draft.

James and Jay Leno both deny having a hand in any of this.

Yesterday, Mark Jackson met with Hawks ownership after being interviewed initially by GM Rick Sund and assistant GM David Pendergraft, who confided to staff members they were immensely impressed. Still, from what I hear, Jackson needed to mesmerize the owners to beat out Atlanta assistant Larry Drew. Dwane Casey remains a viable candidate

This is getting fucking ridiculous, who's next? Is slumdog millionaire gonna try to get Lebron to sign with India?

It is written by one, Peter Vescey is a tabloid journalist...

Well then. That solves that.

I remember him from back in the day on NBA on NBC. Didn't realize he was basically Perez Hilton with a Grecian 5 beard.

Baron
Gordon
Lebron
Blake
kaman

Solid starting 5, then you include a lotto pick off the bench. Good team. I personally think Blake is going to be a stud. Would try and get a bigger 2 guard tho

The G for gay! I'm sure he would lure LeBron, into his van and try to blow him. LeBron will not follow this turd burgalur to LA.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."