• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Tyson Chandler to exercise ETO?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Although he's a restricted FA and his agent is Dan Fegan, I would take a flyer on a kid like Kyrylo Fesenko as a project C. Good rebounder, big body but can't stay on the court b/c of fouls. Seemed to perform OK in the playoffs when called upon.

If the Cavs hire Byron Scott I wonder if they would have a leg up on landing someone like Tyson Chandler. I could see him being a nice addition here.

I don't see the need for chandler as long as varejao gets big minutes. Didn't we learn this lesson with andy and ben wallace?

Hmm, wonder if we could implement some sort of sign and trade involving Mo, if Chandler is in fact healthy. I don't think the Bobcats have been happy with Felton.

One thing is for sure, it is harder to find a quality big man like Chandler than it is a quality PG like Mo. I'd rather be playing Boobie at PG than Andy at C, for instance.

Dream on. First of all, never trade a big for a small. Secondly, Larry Brown doesn't want any part of a point guard that can't defend.

I would take a look at him for the mid-level, however, I'm still very skeptical about the idea of him at all.

Well I guess the lesson here is to never underestimate the stupidity of NBA players.

What a blunder that would be. Chandler has no chance of making $12.6 million anywhere else next year. That said, I would take him as my center, but not at $12.6M.

He may be opting out due to the possible lock out next year. I think that's the same reason Dirk has hinted about opting out. These guys want to get locked in long term.

Chandler will most likely not earn $12.6 million a year, but with a long term contract he will still get plenty of money. I think his thinking has to do with the possible lock out and long term stability.

What a blunder that would be. Chandler has no chance of making $12.6 million anywhere else next year. That said, I would take him as my center, but not at $12.6M.

If he's healthy, being a big man, he'll still get a good chunk of change.

Being happy where you are + $9-10 M > Being miserable + $12-13 M.

Is it really that bad in Charlotte, under coach Brown and new owner Jordan? I'm surprised, especially considering there are a ton of better prospects out there in the massive 2010 FA period.

I am guessing Chandler is thinking that he would be able to sign a 5 year deal as opposed to possibly being locked out if the new CBA doesn't get worked out in time for him to sign next off-season.

So who is going to give him $9M+?

The Knicks? Obviously not.
The Nets? Obviously not.
The Clippers? Obviously not.
The Bulls? Obviously not.
The Wolves? Obviously not.
The Kings? Obviously not.
The Thunder? He failed a physical when they tried trading for him, doubt they'll be interested when he's older and hasn't proven he's healthy on the court.
The Heat? Maybe, if they strike out on just about every other option first.
The Wizards? Maybe.

I see three options at best but realistically it's 1-2.

Is it really that bad in Charlotte, under coach Brown and new owner Jordan? I'm surprised, especially considering there are a ton of better prospects out there in the massive 2010 FA period.

He was on Larry Brown's shit list for most of the year. Charlotte has a terrible fan base and it's one of the worst cities in the NBA to play in. Not as bad as Minnesota, but it's certainly not New York, LA, Chicago, etc. They'll not only have difficulty keeping players, but signing players as well. It doesn't matter if Jordan is the owner or not.

Chandler won't sniff 9 million a year and anyone giving him more than 3 years would be fucking crazy.

He would be dumb to opt out of that last year.

There is nothing worse than an injury prone energy guy as their effectiveness is mostly all based on being active. When you lose the ability which makes you special (see Jay Williams) you just become a roster spot kind of player. I'm not saying Tyson is over and done at 27 but i am saying, i'd go nowhere near the guy. He isn't worth the risk and he's sort of a headcase. I'll take the effort Anderson gives and roll with him at center over Chandler, if need be.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."