• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Scott's agent: "agreed to essential terms, details to be worked out"

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who would you prefer as the Next Coach

• Byron Scott

Votes: 79 19.5%
  • Brian Shaw

Votes: 225 55.6%
  • Either one is fine

Votes: 88 21.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 13 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Windy: Offer to Shaw or Scott could come soon

Is it just me or are you all tired of hearing: This may happen, that may happen. Let me know when something happens for real. Get a coach, sign Lebron, and move on. Tired off the Blah...blah....blah.

Give me any head coach that will listen to his assistants input on defensive matchups, offensive gameplan, and substitutions/rotations...

Sometimes you gotta lean on them a little, a mistake I felt was made under the last regime...

I still think Scott gives us an edge over other teams in the LBJ sweepstakes coaching-wise.

They're probably the top 2 candidates left, I'd much prefer Scott though.

I've always wanted Byron but wouldn't be mad at Shaw, as long as it's not no damn Rudy Tomjanovich I'm good like Kanye's music.

I still think Scott gives us an edge over other teams in the LBJ sweepstakes coaching-wise.

They're probably the top 2 candidates left, I'd much prefer Scott though.

Fuck em, Fuck em all>:chuckles:

So LeBron wants a coach who played in the NBA. Lets consider:

Chicago - Tom Thibodeau, never played
Miami - Erik Spoelstra, never played

Now D'Antoni, Scott and Shaw all played. But Scott and Shaw won multiple titles as players. Dantoni played 3 seasons, and had Mike Brown type failures in the playoffs.

Either Shaw or Scott will give us a coaching edge.

I'd prefer Shaw, but would be fine with Scott as well.

I'm wondering, though, if we'll be able to get either of them if Phil doesn't retire this offseason. I could see them both deciding to wait it out another season for the chance at that Lakers job.

I prefer shaw...They would likely wait it out until phil decides

I wander who LA would offer the job to first if phil ends up retiring

No one want to follow a legend. They should both want our job and realize that if they commit that will increase the likelihood that lebron stays. Gilbert could also put an out in the contract and not publicize it regarding a lebron departure.

I'd prefer Shaw, but would be fine with Scott as well.

I'm wondering, though, if we'll be able to get either of them if Phil doesn't retire this offseason. I could see them both deciding to wait it out another season for the chance at that Lakers job.

I doubt they'll both wait it out. They know it won't be BOTH of them coaching the Lakers. If Lebron re-signs, they both won't wait a year for the Lakers job. Why would you wait a full year when you could possibly not get the job, and blow the chance of coaching Lebron James?

So LeBron wants a coach who played in the NBA. Lets consider:

Chicago - Tom Thibodeau, never played
Miami - Erik Spoelstra, never played

Now D'Antoni, Scott and Shaw all played. But Scott and Shaw won multiple titles as players. Dantoni played 3 seasons, and had Mike Brown type failures in the playoffs.

Either Shaw or Scott will give us a coaching edge.

...and hopefully they can bring along Tex too.

I didn't know this but Mavs assistant Casey came to town last week. Scott also came to town last week.

I dunno but its not gonna matter who the coach is if we don't improve this roster, especially PG nd C

without injuries to Shaq, Andy and LeBron we would have won this year.

without injuries to Shaq, Andy and LeBron we would have won this year.
Maybe...

An offer may be made but I think both are going to sit on the hands until Phillip and the Lakers make up their collective minds.

I want whichever one picks us over waiting to see what happens in LA. If they both want to wait on LA, then move on and find someone else who isn't going to make us his 2nd choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-12: "Max Strus Juice"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."