• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Scott's agent: "agreed to essential terms, details to be worked out"

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who would you prefer as the Next Coach

• Byron Scott

Votes: 79 19.5%
  • Brian Shaw

Votes: 225 55.6%
  • Either one is fine

Votes: 88 21.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 13 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Windy: Offer to Shaw or Scott could come soon

The triangle should not be factor regarding whether Brian Shaw should get the job. It's not like it is the best offensive system in league and there is reason why only Phil Jackson teams have only been successful with it.

Who do you prefer between Shaw and Scott? I am starting to lean with Scott. While both have simular playing history, ie multiple champioships as a player (although scott was the much better player)...Shaw's coaching history also yileded championships as a top assistant while Scott as a HC got his team twice to the finals. I think both would be very good hires (people are under estimating the significance of both coaches expecting that Phil would come here :rolleyes:)...but i am leaning towards Shaw at this time. Maybe its the excitement of the unknown. But young coaches can do well right away if they are good coaches. Phil Jackson is proof you dont need to coach for 10 years before winning a championship if you have the correct experience before becoming a head coach and you have enough talent on the team you take over.

Who do you prefer between Shaw and Scott? I am starting to lean with Scott. While both have simular playing history, ie multiple champioships as a player (although scott was the much better player)...Shaw's coaching history also yileded championships as a top assistant while Scott as a HC got his team twice to the finals. I think both would be very good hires (people are under estimating the significance of both coaches expecting that Phil would come here :rolleyes:)...but i am leaning towards Shaw at this time. Maybe its the excitement of the unknown. But young coaches can do well right away if they are good coaches. Phil Jackson is proof you dont need to coach for 10 years before winning a championship if you have the correct experience before becoming a head coach and you have enough talent on the team you take over.

LOL Okay; so which is it? :chuckles:

I'm not afraid to say I don't know. I would really like the lowdown on some of the stories that have been around Scott over the years and why he tends to burn out quickly with some players. After being told all the things Paul Silas did and said when he was here I've learned that reputations are not always true.

One could say logic dictates that if James returns the experienced coach is the way to go. Regardless of pedigree you just never know about an assistant until he slides over to the big chair.

I trust Gilbert and Grant will pick whomever is the most qualified and interviews better. I'm sure they lay out a map and say who are your assistants gonna be if you get the job. How do you utilize our guys on offense? How do you cover up defensive deficiencies?

Bottom line, I don't stand to lose hundreds of millions. I trust whomever Gilbert and Company hires since he's the one who stands to lose it.

LOL Okay; so which is it? :chuckles:

Hmmm, sounds like he's in da middle...:chuckles:

Regardless of pedigree you just never know about an assistant until he slides over to the big chair.
Which is why I prefer Scott. Previous experience. Generally coaches improve over previous stops. Just like the NFL head coaching state about how much coaches improve with their 2nd and 3rd stops. Learn

This would be Shaw's first HC job, EVER.

I think the Cavs hire whoever accepts our offer first or whomever isn't the Lakers coach.

If Phillip comes back, great scott!!

back_to_the_future.jpg

Which is why I prefer Scott. Previous experience. Generally coaches improve over previous stops. Just like the NFL head coaching state about how much coaches improve with their 2nd and 3rd stops. Learn

This would be Shaw's first HC job, EVER.

I think the Cavs hire whoever accepts our offer first or whomever isn't the Lakers coach.

If Phillip comes back, it's great scott!!

back_to_the_future.jpg

My honest reason for wanting Scott over Shaq isn't head coaching experience, it's honestly that glowing review that Chris Paul has undoubtedly given to LeBron about how great Byron Scott is. There's a chance that could give us a legitimate edge in the coaching department as far as keeping LBJ goes.

From what I've been told, Lebron believes that as well.

Interesting info. I had thought Lebron thinks Cavs doesn't have enough talent to win it all, that's why he wants to leave.

Interesting info. I had thought Lebron thinks Cavs doesn't have enough talent to win it all, that's why he wants to leave.

He didn't/doesn't think that at all. Besides, who says he wants to leave? I think he wants to stay and would only be swayed by a team who has to totally blow him away with a presentation. I don't see that happening.

I believe the bottom line is that either Scott or Shaw would be a good fit. I don't really think LeBron would have a preference and would think both would be good. I still think Scott will be offered the job by Thursday and will accept it immediately, no matter if Jackson has decided or not.

LeBron would be ridiculously stupid to think that way. We will not win 60+ plus games back to back with mediocre talent. It is only the media that makes up crap like that.

Where is the plane?

My honest reason for wanting Scott over Shaq isn't head coaching experience, it's honestly that glowing review that Chris Paul has undoubtedly given to LeBron about how great Byron Scott is. There's a chance that could give us a legitimate edge in the coaching department as far as keeping LBJ goes.

Wow talk about a darkhorse in the race I knew he wanted to be in the league for two more years but i didn't think as a coach:chuckles:

i completely agree with what you meant though... it means a lot to get a great review from a superstar when that's the type of player he will be coaching. Although i don't know if Chris Paul would say something bad about the guy even if he did feel that way.

PDcavsinsider
As PD reported last night, Brian Shaw is meeting face-to-face with #Cavs. According to source, Shaw will be last to interview for job.

PDcavsinsider
Since Izzo, Cavs have not offered job to anyone. That is telling since they have since met with Byron Scott & Kelvin Sampson before Shaw.

PDcavsinsider
Yet considering Shaw frontrunner now is premature, will largely depend on interview he's having at this moment. But Cavs obviously intrigued

That doesn't hurt either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."