• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mike Miller Definitely Interested In Cavs

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Real Deal

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Mike Miller reportedly told ESPN's J.A. Adande that he'd be interested in playing with LeBron in Cleveland for the mid-level exception

Via Kenny Rhoda's Twitter

Now that's what I want to see. Miller or Allen for the MLE would be a great upgrade at SG... then again anything is an upgrade over Parker. If LeBron can convince Miller to take his open 3's instead of passing out of them he could be a real threat. I'd prefer Allen but I would guess that Boston is going to try to hang on to him.

Really, SG is the best position to use the MLE on. It's not enough to get us a big like Haywood, but it should be enough to pick up an experienced guard who can shoot.

Well, I'm sure the Cavs are definitely interested in him. Signing him to a 3 year full-MLE deal would upgrade our SG spot to where it needs to be.

Hopefully, he doesn't wind up like the other 30 year olds who were signed to the MLE and became albatross' such as Posey or Jared Jeffries. I know the success rate isn't high.

Dude CAN shoot, I am all for it.

I'd prefer the more durable Ray Allen...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YKUOB8MN4Kc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YKUOB8MN4Kc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

PDcavsinsider

Free agent Mike Miller was planning on coming to Akron this week to work out with LeBron, Chris Paul. Will be Cavs FA target if LJ re-signs.

He kind of makes it sound like he's not coming to the camp in Akron...

At the very least, he's not a total douche and he's willing to play in Cleveland unlike some prima-donnas we know.

I'm not understanding the Mike Miller hate. The guy is basically a much better version of Weak Sauce and is always one of the smartest players on the court.

He is a top shooter (48% from three and 50% from the field last year), has an excellent mid-range game, runs the floor, is a great athlete, looks to set up his teammates first and he can handle point guard duties. Having Miller and LeBron on the floor at the same time would basically give us two point-forwards. Plus, Miller at the 2 would give us four starters 6'8" or taller.

Any team with Miller as its fourth or fifth option on offense would be a nightmare to defend.

Mike Miller has been to the playoffs 5 times and hasn't been out of the first round. His playoff numbers, particularly his shooting, have dropped from his regular season numbers.

I like Mike Miller but he isn't a guy you give 5 years to at this point. 4 years? I'd probably budge. If you are going to give 5 years to a shooter I'd prefer it to be a young guy like Anthony Morrow but he is restricted.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."