• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dan Gilbert Statement

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
haha Windy

Trust me from as who's dealt with Gilbert, I can only imagine what the first draft looked like. This was probably PR team's compromise.

I just hope that if Dan's got the goods, he uses the media as well as LeBron did to bury whomever was part of anything illegal. Don't trust the commissioner, blow it all up...

Peace.

I just hope that if Dan's got the goods, he uses the media as well as LeBron did to bury whomever was part of anything illegal. Don't trust the commissioner, blow it all up...

Peace.

CLEVELAND (AP) -Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert says LeBron James "quit" during the playoffs and should be accountable for his actions.

Gilbert, who posted a letter to Cavs fans on the team's website shortly after James announced he plans to sign with Miami, tells The Associated Press late Thursday night that he feels "personally betrayed" by James and that it's "accountability time."

In a phone interview with the AP, Gilbert says "people have covered up for (James) for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."

Gilbert says James quit on the Cavs during their second-round series against the Boston Celtics, who rallied from a 2-1 deficit to eliminate Cleveland.

LINK: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38160543/

(Sorry if already posted)

Dan Gilbert is fucking awesome. I feel better now.

PDcavsinsider Because I know him, not shocked at Gilbert's letter but I am the Heat just got rid of Michael Beasley in salary dump. More $ for LeBron.
22 seconds ago reply

:spin:

Oh, and I've mentioned this several times now, but I've long held the theory that Dan Gilbert has been stacking strong evidence of tampering from every team that has courted Lebron James.

My guess? Dan Gilbert goes on all out legal attack against Miami to block this signing, and subsequently every other team he may try and go to.

Best case scenario... Lebron is forced to sign for the MLE with the Rockets or something.

Stereo brings up an excellent point here. Looking forward to seeing what's on the horizon...

whitlock

WhitlockJason

Dan Gilbert knows where the bodies are buried. LeBron, Maverick, Turtle, Drama and LeBrontourage pissed off the wrong billionaire.

I love Gilbert's fury....not so sure about the guarantee though....makes for interesting televsion and Cavs-Heat games.

Here is what I do know....Dan Gilbert understands public relations, LeBron does not.

Dan Gilbert also has a set of BALLS and knows how to be a leader, LeBron James does not.

Agreed.
The guarantee that the Cavaliers will win a title before LeBron is going a bit overboard, but you gotta love Gilbert's passion.

I don't know where to put this, so I'll post it here as so many are reading this thread.

Is Windy leaving for South Beach? He's been tweeting about Gilberts letter and cracking jokes, so nothing seems out of the ordinary for him. If he was leaving, I'm sure he'd be saying something.

Was that whole thing a joke. I really hope he stays for the crazy ride we're about to go on.

I'm so damn glad we get to read this from Dan Gilbert instead of the usual PR bullshit "We wish him well in his future endeavors". The man clearly understands he was fucked over by LeBron and isn't afraid to proclaim it to the world. The only thing that could make this statement better is Gilbert during the press conference tomorrow showing the real LeBron James to the world. He didn't say the things he did for nothing... he's going to let the shit hit the fan tomorrow and I can't wait!

Praise Dan Gilbert. Hes not even from Ohio and he shows that much more respect for the city than the Chosen One. Burn Lebrons jersey and burn his house.

You're right, and I obviously plan to do so and hope others do the same. The season doesn't start for months, though. It seems like now, when the franchise is going through it's toughest times, would be a good time for him to know the fans stand behind him. :dunno:

ETA: I hope a Gilbert shirt is made soon as well.

I agree and sent him an email thanking him as well. Just saying, don't forget about him where it really matters months down the line.

I just printed that letter and put it in a cheap frame. Its sitting on my sports memorabilia shelf in my office.

My emotions are running so high right now.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."