• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dan Gilbert Statement

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
chadfordinsider Gilbert entrusted LeBron's legacy to a rookie coach and a rookie GM. Lots of mistakes were made. Hard to fault LeBron for not winning title 42 seconds ago repl

more

daldridgetnt

Remind me to never get Dan Gilbert mad at me

FakePatRiley

I cant draft huh? Looks like I did a pretty good job in 2003.

some may not want to hear

chadfordinsider

Gilbert entrusted LeBron's legacy to a rookie coach and a rookie GM. Lots of mistakes were made. Hard to fault LeBron for not winning title

I agree on the rookie coach and gm part, that is it.

The letter was pretty good until he got to the part about guaranteeing a championship before Lebron gets one. Come on, even the most hardcore Cavs fan has to shake their head at that. That's anger and disappointment making claims that he won't be able to follow through with.

He's calling Lebron out, but Lebron doesn't care. His decision tonight made it clear that he doesn't care. He knows that the Heat will be the most famous team in the NBA now and that ESPN will follow him, Bosh, and Wade around like Hollywood stars. They'll get more attention than Kobe and Kobe lives in LA. That's all he wanted. So the letter is true, but it also comes across and bitter and even delusional. All of the good free agents have been sucked up and Miami got rid of Beasley. It's also bad publicity for an owner to call out a player like that (even though it IS true).

i'm sick of hearing these douche bags in Miami saying that they deserve a championship team! They are all just bandwagoners down their. Like someone said earlier they are rewarded for lsing and we get punished for trying to build a championship team! It might be interesting to see what Bosh Lebron and D Wade can do together but really they can just go fuck themselves!

Long live the real King Dan Gilbert !!!

I fucking hate ESPN. To me they are what is wrong with sports today. They don't know the game or it's true meaning, all they care about are highlights. Highlights are fine but they don't win championships, hard work and character do. Something those asswipes don't know a thing about.

:spin:

Oh, and I've mentioned this several times now, but I've long held the theory that Dan Gilbert has been stacking strong evidence of tampering from every team that has courted Lebron James.

My guess? Dan Gilbert goes on all out legal attack against Miami to block this signing, and subsequently every other team he may try and go to.

Best case scenario... Lebron is forced to sign for the MLE with the Rockets or something.

Do you guys think this could be a possibility? if there is indeed evidence of tampering could Stern block him from signing with Miami etc.?

I'll admit, this brought tears to my eyes. Dan Gilbert is a true Cleveland hero, and hes not even from Cleveland.

Non Cavs fans seriously need to shut the fuck up about this letter. It's like a rich kid laughing in some homeless guys face who's last dollar just fell down a sewer...

Chuck Galetti and Dennis Manaloff are ripping the fuck out of Gilbert on Chucks last Call on STO

CLEVELAND -- Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert says LeBron James "quit" during the playoffs and should be accountable for his actions.
<!-- begin inline 1 -->

Cavs reaction

1966.jpg
Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert gave his reaction to LeBron James leaving in an open letter to fans on the Cavs website. Letter

<!-- end inline 1 -->Gilbert, who posted a letter to Cavs fans on the team's website shortly after James announced he plans to sign with Miami, tells The Associated Press late Thursday night that he feels "personally betrayed" by James and that it's "accountability time."
In a phone interview with the AP, Gilbert says "people have covered up for [James] for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."
Gilbert says James quit on the Cavs during their second-round series against the Boston Celtics, who rallied from a 2-1 deficit to eliminate Cleveland.

HOLY GOD, GREG BRINDA is going off!

The War has started.

chadfordinsider Gilbert entrusted LeBron's legacy to a rookie coach and a rookie GM. Lots of mistakes were made. Hard to fault LeBron for not winning title 42 seconds ago repl

chadford can fucking blow me. lebron james in his best chance to win this city a title fucking quit. there is no other way around that and everyone but i guess the national media knows that.

ESPN can blow me

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."