• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dan Gilbert Statement

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
LeBron changing his number from 23 to 6...

23 just so happens to be retired in Miami...

This was all set up from the get go.

Same contracts.. The 'pact' they made during the olympics.

SMH.

He didn't need to file for the change if he was leaving.

Looking back on W&G's post earlier in this thread I'm just guessing, but is it possible that Gilbert knows LeBron is taking steroids. Just looking at baseball, Selig tried to cover up some of the top name players from coming out in public (A-Rod being one, sorry Pip) and maybe the NBA is doing the same. Steroids aren't talked much in basketball, but they do happen.

I'm drunk and open to suggestions, but this one seems a little far fetched

BTW. Mike Miller just agreed to sign a $30M 5-yr contract with Miami. How fast has Miami moved? Look at what they've done with such precision. You'd think they had a magic crystal ball or something.

....LeBron gave Riley assurances, and not this past week either....

The funniest part of it all is that when Miami began this strategy, David Stern and his cronies were peddling to everyone that the Salary Cap was almost guaranteed to drop to 50-51 million over the next two years....

With that information, the Cavaliers opted against the 2010 cap room route which they easily could have gone after while Miami went for the 2010 cap room. Instead, the Cavs actually tried to win and make the league fun to watch, figuring there wouldn't be cap room available anyways because of how much the cap was going to drop..The NBA's doom cap projection basically set the wheels in motion for this entire fucking scenario. Fuckers.

Well, low and behold, this season ends and al of a sudden the cap GOES UP(WHICH MEANS THE NBA GAINED REVENUE FROM THE PREVIOUS YEAR...) to 58 fucking million dollars? How fucking convenient for Mr Riley and crew...how fucking convenient..

The NBA is becoming a little too "WWE" for me, if you catch my drift...

The way the NBA refs are...can you imagine teams trying to these guys? Its going to be rediculous. You have 2 guys who get the most calls in the nba on the same fucking team. Im done with the NBA.

The Heat started clearing space over more than a year ago. They've been looking to unload Beasley for months now. They took on Jermaine O'Neal because of his contract. Etc.

Exactly... This has been going on since the Olympics.. LBJ gave Wade the okay, he conveyed the message to Riley, and it was a wrap..

I want Stern to break this shit up.. But he won't until he sees ticket sales, and TV ratings plummet after the novelty of watching the Harlem Globetrotters wears off.

I don't think there is any doubt now that there was a pact in '08 Olympics for these guys to play together. The tanking conspiracy theories vs. the Celtics are looking less and less like conspiracies, and more like fact.

Bosh, Wade, Bron, Miller - all were linked together to be close in the 08 Olympics. Miller even named his son after Maverick Carter.

Let's just hope that Gilbert can dig up some evidence to prove the ridiculous tampering that has been going on in the past year. I can't wait to read the tell-all books that will come out of this (hopefully Windhorst writes one).

Who is Maverick Carter? I'm 100% positive that Lebron had people whispering in his ear. If his mother gave him that advice that he claimed she did then she's a moron. Then you have WWW and Pat "Reptilian" Riley doing some coaxing too.

I've never been high on Hickson and I won't start now. I think Jamison is the more gifted player and Jamison has a nice expiring contract in a couple of years. I also like Varejao's defense and he's the team's hustle guy. People that think Hickson will shed his stone hands and develop a jumper are insane.

You're an idiot, Hickson is what? 21? and Jamison is in his 30's. Trading Hickson but keeping Jamison is Asinine

LeBron had this all planned after olympics he talked to them. He does good in regular season for his image and loses on purpose in the playoffs so he has an excuse to leave. If he won a championship he couldn't leave.

Love u bron and always will. I knowu made your decision for the rt reason but we could have got it done here and u would have enjoyed It in cle a whole lot more. But I have no idea what went on behind closed doors but I can sit here today and say that I am truly blessed To have played with such a special player. We were so damn close. So damn close now we have taken leaps and bounds backwards. But we will make it thru. Fuuuuuuuuck

Mo is such a bitch. He and the entire organization just got screwed over without remorse or emotion (and apparently without any explanation or heads up) so that LeBron can collect hardware on easy street without having to be anything but a complementary piece and Mo's sitting here slobbering all over LeBron's knob.

I supported Mo once but no more. Get this loser the fuck out of Cleveland. If we're going to be rebuilding this thing, I don't want anyone so damn soft as one of the pieces.

Looking back on W&G's post earlier in this thread I'm just guessing, but is it possible that Gilbert knows LeBron is taking steroids. Just looking at baseball, Selig tried to cover up some of the top name players from coming out in public (A-Rod being one, sorry Pip) and maybe the NBA is doing the same. Steroids aren't talked much in basketball, but they do happen.
lol come on. I mean I know everyone cracks jokes about guys like LeBron and Howard using steroids...but they don't. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see it happen. I'd laugh and laugh and laugh. But it won't.

I've never been high on Hickson and I won't start now. I think Jamison is the more gifted player and Jamison has a nice expiring contract in a couple of years. I also like Varejao's defense and he's the team's hustle guy. People that think Hickson will shed his stone hands and develop a jumper are insane.
So I guess you're one of the people who thinks we should try to compete next year, eh? Your plan seems to be a good way to lock ourselves into mediocrity for years.

JJ does need to improve, but I'd definitely prefer taking a risk on him instead of trying to form some sort of "competitor" that will never legitimately compete.

The funniest part of it all is that when Miami began this strategy, David Stern and his cronies were peddling to everyone that the Salary Cap was almost guaranteed to drop to 50-51 million over the next two years....

With that information, the Cavaliers opted against the 2010 cap room route which they easily could have gone after while Miami went for the 2010 cap room. Instead, the Cavs actually tried to win and make the league fun to watch, figuring there wouldn't be cap room available anyways because of how much the cap was going to drop..The NBA's doom cap projection basically set the wheels in motion for this entire fucking scenario. Fuckers.

Well, low and behold, this season ends and al of a sudden the cap GOES UP(WHICH MEANS THE NBA GAINED REVENUE FROM THE PREVIOUS YEAR...) to 58 fucking million dollars? How fucking convenient for Mr Riley and crew...how fucking convenient..

I smell what you're cookin

I don't know why but I am desperately hoping now that LeBron gets exposed for Steroids and caught red-handed....

Yea... Very very good point... Way too orchestrated..

And I catch your drift.. Felt that way since the playoffs. Hurts.

Everybody check out these tweets from Mo.. This man has truly earned my respect:

The only thing, and I mean the only thing I disagree with is.... If he knew somewhere else was the destination. He should have spared cle. On national tv. But this was history so we might not understand the magnitude today. But when we look back on this, we might not Never see this again.

Love u bron and always will. I knowu made your decision for the rt reason but we could have got it done here and u would have enjoyed It in cle a whole lot more. But I have no idea what went on behind closed doors but I can sit here today and say that I am truly blessed To have played with such a special player. We were so damn close. So damn close now we have taken leaps and bounds backwards. But we will make it thru. Fuuuuuuuuck

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."