• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Draft Day!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Alex Smith QB first overall pick for San Francisco

Edwards to the Browns at 3. Good pick, lets hope they keep it up. Maybe QB or defense in the 2nd round and hopefully defense the rest of the way.

Edwards comes to the Cleveland Browns.. Although I guess we were trying to work a trade with 49ers to get Alex Smith.

i was waiting for a trade but nothing come up. when they interviewed him he really looked like he was excited about playing with the browns.

i was then thinking about the reciever position and how we now have to many of them. but would you rather have edwards or davis. i dont think davis is that great, so i would much rather have edwards.

on the browns main page savage brought up something butch never did--cold weather. i couldnt believe that somebody from the browns would take that into consideration.

solid move. thank god the dolphins picked the running back or we would have had a bad day.

I love Edwards, but was really hoping the Browns would not draf him he is not what they need they still have no real QB. They need a lot of help on defense, and in there running game as well. I was hoping for Cadallac Williams.

Us drafting a running back would be one of the dumbest things we could possibly do after trading our whole defense line for Drougns who is capable of getting a 1,000 plus yards this season. I would of loved us to somehow us to get a trade for Alex Smith but we tried and I guess we couldn't work anything out. Rodgers wouldnt of been worth a 3rd pick, if we wanted him we would of tried to trade down.

The spot we were at, we got the best player we can possible get. He was the best talent out there and you can't pass him up.

keep an eye on frye.. hes a QB from Akron and he's a scrambler too.. I wouldn't mind having him in the 2nd round...

Horrible pick..

You draft to improve your team in the first round and we did not do that, we did not help our team by taking a WR when we have two WRs that are very capable ofgetting the job done. Winslow added into that mix, also makes this a stupid pick.

#1 WRs do not win you games, #1 WRs do not win you super bowls.

Taking a RB wouldnt have been stupid, Dourghns is not a good RB and he is already holding out for those that didnt know, he wants an extension when he was RB in a system, he will not produce like he did lsat year, he does not have that much talent. Lee Suggs will not stay healthy for a year, but William Green is a solikd backup that will be fine if Suggs does go down but it looks like Droughns will not being playing anytime soon if he keeps htis foolish hould out up.

With the second pick, we are going o have to tak ea player that will help this team. Fyre does not fit that mold, he is good for the future, but with us blowing our first pick, I dont think we go QB in the second. Plus, Charlie might still be there in the third round, or maybe later in the second for a trade up.

I think a WR like Edwards will thrive on this team, unlike our current WR. With a healthy Winslow tying up the safeties, Edwards will see alot of single coverage. There was no one else to take at this pick and there didnt seem like a great market out there to trade down. I'd like to see us trade one of our three other wideouts (Davis, Northcutt, Bryant) for a pick this year, maybe a 3 or 4. As for the rest of the draft, I wouldnt mind seeing us pick up Adrian McPherson at some point, he's been described as having a strong arm, accurate and athletic, could be a good fit. I dont know much about Frye, so I can't comment there. Other that those two QB, I'd like to see some defense and OL.

mac i think you went over board with the whole winning you a game thing. the only position that really "wins" is a quaterback. a stud tackle doesnt win you a game nor does a defensive tackle. this is a team sport, so no one person will win a game.

trust the guy, look what hes done with the ugs.

what happens when droughns doesnt get his money and shows up to camp. then we got 4 running backs.

the move was fine.

lets put it this way. would you rather have davis or edwards on the field.

Brodney Poole S- Oklahoma in the second round. I've only heard the guy's name and know next to nothing about him except he is a hitter.

Savage has said best player available, regardless of position. Who else besides Edwards was worthy of that pick? Derrick Johnson (#15), Shawne Merriman (#12), who? The bottom line is that we got the best player that was there.

The thing I like is that in the red zone, line Edwards and Winslow on the same side, one will get single coverage. I'm not huge on the picks, but it could be worse.

I really thought it would be Khalif Barnes in the second round, I was hoping for it anyway.

A Mac aka The Truth said:
Horrible pick..

You draft to improve your team in the first round and we did not do that, we did not help our team by taking a WR when we have two WRs that are very capable ofgetting the job done. Winslow added into that mix, also makes this a stupid pick.

#1 WRs do not win you games, #1 WRs do not win you super bowls.

Taking a RB wouldnt have been stupid, Dourghns is not a good RB and he is already holding out for those that didnt know, he wants an extension when he was RB in a system, he will not produce like he did lsat year, he does not have that much talent. Lee Suggs will not stay healthy for a year, but William Green is a solikd backup that will be fine if Suggs does go down but it looks like Droughns will not being playing anytime soon if he keeps htis foolish hould out up.

With the second pick, we are going o have to tak ea player that will help this team. Fyre does not fit that mold, he is good for the future, but with us blowing our first pick, I dont think we go QB in the second. Plus, Charlie might still be there in the third round, or maybe later in the second for a trade up.

So you have the #3 pick who do you take? Dont even say a RB cause thats the dumbest thing we have.. We already have two RBs that can start.. so you want a 3rd and have the same thing as before?

Kellen Winslow and Edwards.. That a 1-2 punch for a great passing year.

I dont know much about Pool, but im liking the Edwards pick. At first i was a bit iffy about bringing in another WR with our first, but im starting to feel good about it the more I think about it. I look forward to seeing Edwards and Winslow playing together.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."