• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

#127, Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

natedagg

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
#127, Desir Pierre, CB, Lindenwood

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/pierre-desir?id=2543811

OVERVIEW
Married with two daughters. A native of Port Au Prince, Haiti, he emigrated to the St. Louis area with his parents when he was 4. In January 2010, his grandfather and an eight-month-old cousin were among those killed in the earthquakes that devastated Haiti. Had two surgeries in 2004 to repair a chipped bone in the growth plate of his left knee. Began his college career at Division II Washburn University in Kansas, redshirting in 2008. In 2009, he played 11 games at cornerback and recorded 33 tackles, six pass breakups and four seven interceptions to go with two forced fumbles. Had 10 kickoff returns for 294 yards (29.4-yard average). Appeared in 12 games in 2010 and had 33 tackles, four pass breakups and five INTs with 5.5 tackles for loss, two sacks and one forced fumble while returning 17 kickoffs for 333 yards (19.6). Sat out in 2011, moving his family back home to Missouri and transferring to Division II Lindenwood University. In 2012, tallied 60 tackles, nine pass breakups with nine INTs with 2.5 tackles for loss and one sack in 12 starts. His school-record nine interceptions ranked second among all NCAA levels. Was the 2013 winner of the Cliff Harris Award, given to the nation’s top small college defensive back, after recording 33 tackles, eight pass breakups and four INTs with one tackle for loss and one forced fumble. Earned invitations to the East-West Shrine Game and the Senior Bowl.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Outstanding body and arm length. Explosive athlete whose 11-foot, 1-inch broad jump was second-best at the combine. Has loose hips and a fluid pedal. Superb two-year production on the ball. Natural interceptor -- attacks the ball in the air like a receiver and tracks it very well. Plays big in critical situations. Very confident demeanor. Outstanding zone instincts -- sees patterns developing and jumps routes. Solid tackler. Mature and accountable. Experienced, four-year starter. Demonstrated toughness to play hurt.
WEAKNESSES Average timed speed. Loses a half-step in transition and will struggle to carry NFL receivers vertically. Does not consistently play to his size as a run defender. Could stand to do a better job wrapping as a tackler and filling faster -- does not always play to his size in the run game. Production was inflated by marginal competition.
DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 3-4
BOTTOM LINE Exceptional-sized zone cover man who was a big fish in a small pond as a Division II standout, though he did not look out of place at the Senior Bowl. Size, ball skills and anticipation will appeal to teams such as Seattle, Jacksonville and Tampa Bay.
-Nolan Nawrocki

I really like this pick. Mature kid (young man?), a history that puts life and this career into perspective, impressive numbers, ball hawk, small school player who held his own at senior bowl. I could see him sticking around and earning meaningful minutes, especially if we are playing some 4-2-5.

Last edited:
Re: #127, Desir Pierre, CB, Lindenwood

Wouldn't be surprised to see him take over at FS. Good luck going deep on us.

[video=youtube;THpN4bG07m0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THpN4bG07m0[/video]

He's got an interesting background. Hope he does well.

You've got his name backwards.

Unless he's already changed his name....if so he's a DIVA.

Will get opportunities at Nickel and FS. Really like his potential. Don't expect much from him until year 2/3 outside of Special Teams.

Really like what Farmer has done, though the Kirksey pick is a bit of a head scratcher.

It was a deep corner draft. Not a surprise they take another one. May be we can defend the pass this year.

Competition will bring out the best in the secondary. Training camp and preseason will be a big deal for this unit.

Wow I wanted this kid before the draft cus Everyone was raving about him it seemed

He will have to adjust to the power and speed of the pro game, which may take some time. It sounds like his head is put on straight, and I'll take a project with the right mindset lacking experience rather than the other way around. This is a pick that may not pay dividends until 2015, but you can't have enough corners with decent size. For a day three pick, this is the type of gamble I like seeing the Browns take.

He will have to adjust to the power and speed of the pro game, which may take some time. It sounds like his head is put on straight, and I'll take a project with the right mindset lacking experience rather than the other way around. This is a pick that may not pay dividends until 2015, but you can't have enough corners with decent size. For a day three pick, this is the type of gamble I like seeing the Browns take.

He very well could be the Browns dime back this year so I wouldn't say he's a 2015 store

Really like this pick. So happy we have some bigger corners now.

I hope we transform our WR position next year the same way we transformed the CB position this year.

Love the value, here. Since CB/S were needs coming into this draft, I had done a little research on Desir. Some scouts had him as a 2nd round grade. Only his small school background and lack of top-end speed kept him out of the elite group of DBs in this draft. I see a distinct possibility that his eventual landing spot will be at FS. He may not make an impact immediately, but I do like his longterm potential.

Our coverage issues will hopefully be a thing of the past with Gilbert, Kirksey and Desir.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."