1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

2011 NBA Redraft

Discussion in 'Cavs Talk' started by tedginnjr, Mar 21, 2012.

1. tedginnjr

tedginnjr What's your Damage?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/Rookies-120321/nba-rookie-watch-redraft

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  2. Pavlovic3Ball

Pavlovic3Ball BARNES BRIGADE

I don't think Kanter is going to be anything more than a solid player. I would take TT, Kawhi Leonard, Faried, and Bismack all over Williams.

3. D-Wreck

D-Wreck Valuable Trading Chip

What did Klay Thompson do to get bumped out of the top 20? I thought, if anything, he'd get moved up a spot or two. He's had a nice year this far compared to the rest of the class. I'd take him over MarShon Brooks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. winner0274

winner0274 In the Rotation

So the Cavs ended up with the first two picks? :cool:

5. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 Send Sideshow to ASG

No way Biyambo stays till #7 if the draft was redone today. That's a joke.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Spencer Hawes

Spencer Hawes Blue

At this point, he should be ahead of Kanter.

7. CleveRocks

CleveRocks There go the Cavs!

Jury is still out. Both Kanter and biyambo were big risk bigs, and either one could still flame out. But the Kanter as exceeded my expectations considering he had not played competitive basketball for a year. He is bigger than Biyambo, and has more net skill. His team and coaching situation is a lot better than Biyambo's.. Biyambo has also done better than I thought he would. So big wins for both the Jazz and the Bobcats.... Any road, I still think we did the right thing with tristan...

8. metalman213

metalman213 In the Rotation

kanters better than biyombo...

9. Pavlovic3Ball

I personally would take Biyombo 12 times out of 10 over Kanter. I don't think Kanter has a high upside at all.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  10. metalman213

remember, he hasnt played basketball for a year. his per 36 numbers, along with other numbers, are much better than biyombos. hes playing behind milsap and jefferson tho so he doesnt get any time.

11. trapalizer

trapalizer Banned

I like Kanter, he's a real center with a real size, Biyombo is a great shot blocker and defender but I certainly feel he's bit undersized, Ben Wallace esque, which is no problem while his athleticism is there, but will age horribly.

With centers like Kanter, it takes time to develop, but I can see him being top 5 center within 5 years, slightly better Marc Gasol, but having a much longer career than Biyombo.

12. Pavlovic3Ball

Marc Gasol is a pretty damn good player. If Kanter ends up better than him, that means he would be a top 3 center.

13. trapalizer

trapalizer Banned

I'm considering emergence of Anthony Davis and couple other guys yet to be drafted, and assuming Dwight is still Dwight and Bynum stays relatively injury free, not put too much expectation on Cousins but Monroe seems very promising.

14. Pavlovic3Ball

I hear ya. But I just see Kanter as someone that will be a great rebounder and solid scorer but never a great defender. I don't like his lack of athleticism. He has played better as of recently though. Im biased towards defensive anchors though. Both still have a long way to go, but im rolling with Biyombo.

15. Pavlovic3Ball

Monroe is great, but he is someone that is going to need to playing with a stud defender in the frontcourt imo. Cousins has a ton of potential also. Just wish he would actually learn how to use the glass. They guy takes terrible angles all the time. Bynum is a monster. I love his game.

16. metalman213

hes a fucking bull though, and his drtg is not much worse than biyombos (105 kanter, 104 biyombo). one doesnt have to have 2 - 3 bpg to be a good defender, andy never has (1.2 is his highest) and yet hes considered our best defender. i just like kanter because he can make his free throws at a decent clip for a big man, hit the midrange, he has a soft touch around the basket, and his rebounding rates are outstanding.

17. BuddyCowley

BuddyCowley In the Rotation

Talking about Biyombo's "stats" says to me that you don't understand the kind of impact he has on the game on the defensive end.

18. trapalizer

trapalizer Banned

Problem is, as your minutes go up your efficiency declines, and right now Kanter is at 14MPG while Biyombo 19.5MPG that's 5.5 minutes difference and since they both play very few minutes at this point this is very significant.

19. metalman213

yeah because the charlotte bobcats, a terrible terrible defensive team, are such a better defensive team because of biyombo.

kanter allows his opponents to score .85 points per possession. biyombo? .89 points per possession.

il cede defense to biyombo, but offense is clearly on kanters side, and its a big difference.

20. Gimme Some Mo

Gimme Some Mo All-Star

Isn't Thorpe the guy that picked Tristan to win ROY? If I am right, he has had an almost weird obsession with him from the beginning.

• Like Like x 1