1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser. You can find the style chooser on the bottom left of the website. - Ben

2012-13 Cavs Preseason Schedule

Discussion in 'Cavs Talk' started by Huber., Aug 1, 2012.

1. Huber.

Huber. Adrninistrator

Cavaliers Announce 2012-13 Preseason Schedule

[​IMG]

I always liked how the NBA does preseason games outside of their home town. Will be cool to see the Bulls and Cavs in Assembly Hall. I would have liked to see one in Toledo like the Pistons did two years ago. It would be smart of them to try to win over Toledo rather than Cincinnati given the proximity of Toledo.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    10 people like this.
  2. BannerYearz

BannerYearz Rookie

I like the choice of UIUC...reminiscent of when Da Bears played at their field.

Toledo has a split of Cleveland and Detroit fans in every sport, which seems to vary on how each team is doing. Cincy people tend to either not care about the NBA or root against the Cavs, it seems.

3. Huber.

Huber. Adrninistrator

Exactly. I can't see many people from Cincy driving 4 hours to see the Cavs. They need to focus on Toledo.

4. KentuckyCav

KentuckyCav The Man

Yeah it seems so, albeit weird.

I for one am stoked at being able to see the Cavs live w/o having to drive 4 hours... Even though it's pre-season!

5. iMoeJoe

iMoeJoe Go Devils!

When do these go on sale? Tryna get a good seat for the Cincy one.

6. iMoeJoe

iMoeJoe Go Devils!

Never mind answered my own question lol

Tickets for the Cavaliers’ game in Cincinnati go on sale Monday, Aug. 6 and can be purchased by logging onto U.S. Bank Arena - Home or calling 1-800-745-3000.

7. WildThing

WildThing The Floppy Haired Flopper

I'm really excited about the game in Canton.

I'm glad the Cavs aren't half assed about their D-league team in Canton, I love how they're actually using them & the city well.

8. BRP Cavs

BRP Cavs Get Buckets

Huge Cavs fan from Toledo and would love to see the Cavs come into town for a preseason game. That Pistons game they had a couple years back was promoted like crazy and a big draw from what I remember. I really think they could grow the Toledo fan base big time and steal away some Detroit people we have here in this city, most of whom think Brandon Knight is basically better than Michael Jordan and will lead them to multiple championships. :chuckles:

9. caf

caf Banņed

I would suggest going to a Pacers game. Only about an hour and a half away.

Back to the original point, the Cavs have played at US Bank arena previously. There is quite a large Cleveland fam base here as there are quite a few transplants from Cleveland/Columbus. I have a feeling the Cavs do this to reward us a bit. Plus cincinnati doesn't have a basketball market, so perhaps they want is transplants to get others interested? I don't really care. I go because its cheap seats to watch the Cavs up close and personal.

2 people like this.
  10. bbedward

bbedward Rookie

Going to school in Toledo, there's definitely more Detroit fan locals than Cleveland fans.

If you're around the university than you may find more Cleveland fans as students, but permanent residents favor Detroit. I think it'd be smart to play in Toledo though.

11. SauDogg

SauDogg Sixth Man

Definitely going to try to go the game in Canton. It'll be pretty beast to see Kyrie playing a few blocks away from my house. :D

12. RTrees

RTrees Banned

Of these 7 games, how many will be televised on NBATV or otherwise? Can't find it anywhere online.. Thanks

1 person likes this.
  13. UncleDrew

UncleDrew Potential Legendary

Is anyone willing to hook those up that aren't able to make the games? I'd like to watch the games that are streamed...anyone do that here?

14. Daniel89

Daniel89 In the Rotation

The season should start already:mad: I hate this time of the year, not a baseball or NFL fan... guess I gotta survive by watching german soccer league :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  15. RikSmits

RikSmits In the Rotation

Lunen, does that make you a Borussia Dortmund fan? My team (Ajax) will have a hard time in the Champions League this year.

Yes, I wish NBA season would get started.

16. Daniel89

Daniel89 In the Rotation

Yes, as a kid I was a big fan of them, but not that much interested in soccer nowadays... only rarely watching games

One month till preseason arghh, should pass the time with playing more ball on the court, but I got too lazy :(

17. wuck

wuck Hustling on the inside Staff Member

Generally speaking, very few (and sometimes none) of the preseason games are broadcast on TV. And they are not part of the NBA League Pass program (which starts the first day of the regular season). The Cavs preseason press release (http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/releases/preseason_schedule_120801.html) only lists radio broadcasts on 1100. If anything changes, I'm sure it will be announced, but the NBA has not made a big point of broadcasting in the preseason.

1 person likes this.
  18. PosterTime

PosterTime you wot m8?

I swear I remember watching Kyrie last year in the preseason against the Pistons. Am I right?

3 people like this.
  19. wuck

wuck Hustling on the inside Staff Member

As far as I know, preseason broadcasts vary by team. Yes, both preseason games were shown last year (but there were only two preseason games last year, it was after the lockout, and the games were both hosted by NBA arenas). NBA TV also broadcasts some games each year, and it looks like they're making an international push this time around: http://www.nba.com/schedules/national_tv_schedule/index.html

It's possible some other Cavs preseason games will be televised, but FSO hasn't announced their plans yet. Streams may depend on the plans of other teams' broadcasters.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  20. Jon

Jon ~

If you subscribe to DirecTv, they carry all the feeds from all the various cable sports channels and you may be able to watch the Cavs via their opponent's feed.

3 people like this.