1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser. You can find the style chooser on the bottom left of the website. - Ben

2012 Draft

Discussion in 'Trades, Free Agency, & the Draft' started by King J, May 31, 2011.

1. King J

King J Bye Bye Z!!

Assuming we pick Kyrie & Kanter @ 1 & 4..Who would you like to see us pick next year?

There gonna be a surplus of wings that fit a need like Rivers,Beal,Miller,Gilchrist,Nash,Barnes,& Jones or Maybe a big like Mcadoo.

3 people like this.
  2. DeeThree

DeeThree ~~19

That guy that can jump really high.

3. Pyro

Pyro Banned

You're kidding right? You must be one of those people who ask "What is Cedar Point going to build in 2012" in the year 2010.

4. King J

King J Bye Bye Z!!

Man,just answer the damn question...All that extra mess is unnecessary.

2 people like this.
  5. Pyro

Pyro Banned

It's impossible to answer a question based on the future.

6. Czvosec

Czvosec All-Star

OK, I'll bite. I've said this in other threads, but I would love to see the Cavs somehow grab another lotto pick (unlikely, I know) and get any 2 of these guys:

Harrison Barnes*
    Michael Gilchrist*
    Austin Rivers
    Quincy Miller
    Adonis Thomas
    Terrence Jones

Barnes and Gilchrist are the top 2, for me.

7. DraftPick

DraftPick Believeland

Hahaha I'm just trying to get through this draft.

3 people like this.
  8. King J

King J Bye Bye Z!!

[​IMG]

Simple question of who you would like to see the Cavs pick and who you think is great fit for the squad...

9. mcfly

mcfly In the Rotation

Ultimately, I think we will focus on a wing in '12, but the specifics depend on who is available with our pick, and how our current crop of young talent develops. What if Cleveland manages to get Williams and Irving, can Williams effectively play the 3? How much does Eyenga develop between now and then. If he puts in the work, does he challenge for the starting spot at the 2 or 3? Maybe Cleveland moves a combination of Jamison's expiring/Varejao/Hickson (if we land Williams and he cannot play the 3) for a young wing.

10. King J

King J Bye Bye Z!!

While i like Eyenga he's a bit overrated on this forum,I think he's a 10-12 ppg player that gives you great defense something like a Mickael Pietrus or Aaron Afflalo...I think we'll focus on top win next year....Outside of his attitude(even though I've heard he has matured) I really like LeBryan Nash as well as Michael Gilchrist

1 person likes this.
  11. Ben

Ben Administrator Staff Member

If the moon were made of barbeque spare ribs, would you eat it then?

10 people like this.
  12. "MVP"

"MVP" In the Rotation

Long way away. Right now most draft experts have Anthony Davis as the top prospect. PF going to Kentucky next year. Was a 6'3" PG his sophomore year with an offer from Cleveland State then grew to become a 6'10" PF. Averaged a ridiculous 32 ppg, 22 rpg, and 7 bpg as a senior though his team (outside of him) was not very good. Draws a lot of comparisons to Kevin Garnett and from every game I've seen with the top 2011 senior high school basketball players, he has been about the only guy to consistently dominate.

After him though, there really is all-star talent throughout the lottery. And as a bonus for the Cavs, it is known for it's great wing prospects, my favorite of whom thus far is Bradley Beal. A solid 6'5" pure shooting guard and one of the top scorers in this class. Deep range, team player, and great shooter. Scouting reports rave about his high basketball IQ as well. A backcourt of Irving and Beal would have us set for years IMO. I see him as a top 5 pick.

13. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Back in 2002

Kanter won't be there at 4. If we stay at 4 we will get a guy who will probably never start an NBA game.

1 person likes this.
  14. Thunder

Thunder Redemption

A small forward with good size and athleticism that can score the ball. Haha, I don't know too much about all the players coming in next year. I do know, however, that 7 of the top 14 are SF's. Just looking at this year, I like Perry Jones and Harrison Barnes. If we draft Irving and Kanter, we'd have our frontcourt of Kanter/Hickson, a PG in Irving, and hopefully Eyenga can develop into a Afflalo type mold at SG. I think a guy like Barnes or Jones would be a great fit at SF. It really frustrates me that these guys decided to stay in school, because we'd be in great position to pick 2 all-star type players at the 1 and 4 spots if guys like Barnes, P. Jones, T. Jones, and Sullinger didn't decide to stay in school. On the plus side, due to them staying in school, we are probably going to end up drafting a big instead of a wing which enables us to focus on the wing-heavy draft next year. This way, we can get a C/PG this year, and a 2/3 next year.

15. Pyro

Pyro Banned

Like I said, it's impossible to answer a question based on the future when nothing is confirmed about it. Capiche?

16. Rondo

Rondo Sixth Man

OK I will bite as well. Personally, I wish Harrison Barnes would have come out because Kyrie and Harrison would work extremely well together. So, if Barnes improves after his second season of college, I would love him on the team.

17. "MVP"

"MVP" In the Rotation

Don't be so sure. It's way too early before the draft to make any assumptions. At this point, most mock drafts have Utah taking Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker still.

18. Hydroponic3385

Hydroponic3385 Snitches get stitches

Well since it's a given that the Cavs will land Irving and Kanter, and then a given that we will land a stud wing in 2012....does anyone mind if I start a 2013 draft thread right now???

5 people like this.
  19. mcfly

mcfly In the Rotation

If we were to draft Williams and he can play SF effectively, having a SG put up 10-12ppg with great defense is exactly what we need.

20. Ayatolla of Slamola

Ayatolla of Slamola Rim Rockin'

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.